Bali Pass Trek a Connecting Ruinsara Valley to Yamunotri Valley in the Garhwal Himalayas Uttarakhand-2024, Complete Itinerary more information
Bali Pass Trek lies at the height Altitude of 4953 Meters. The Bali Pass Trek starts from Sankri Base Camp, which is the base camp of more than twenty-five Treks In Uttarakhand, and Ends at Trek Yamunotri Jankichatti.
The Bali Pass Trek comes under Govind Wildlife Sanctuary National Park in Uttarkashi district Uttarakhand. No doubt and the Himalayas have enchanting beauty, a bracing climate, and desirable soothing green meadows.
So, what else can be better than spending some days here in the serenity?
The special thing is that you can also do this trek together with the Harkidoon trek, for which you must have Dehradun to Dehradun for 8 nights and 9 days. includes transport.
Key Points Bali Pass Trek
Duration: – 07 Nights 08 Days from Dehradun to Dehradun
Trek Base Camp: – Sankri Market
Summer Temperature: – Day 5°C to 15°C = Night -2° C to 5° C
Bali Pass Trek Altitude: – 4950 m -16207 ft
Best Time: – May, June, September, October,
Trek Level: – Moderate to Difficult
Trek distance: – On foot 58 Km– By Road taxi 395 Km
Bali pass Trek Day by Day Short Itinerary, Altitude, and Trek Distance|2024
DAY 01- Pickup Dehradun Railway Station Morning 07:00 Am |Drive to Sankri Base Camp Hotel The Grand Shiva, Via Mussoorie, Kamptifall, Damta, Purola, Mori Sankri,
Drive Distance: 190 km | Duration: 08-09 hours | Overnight Stay Hotel at Sankri – Twin Sharing
DAY 2 – Drive from Sankri to Taluka 13 km 01 hours- Same Day Trek to Cheludgad Near Seema | Trek Distance: 12 km | Trek Time: 6/7 hours | Altitude 8,158 ft | Overnight Stay Camp – Twin Sharing
DAY 3 – Trek from Cheludgad Camp to Devsu Bugyal | Trek Distance: 06 km | Trek Time : 4/5 hours | Altitude 9,795 ft | Overnight Stay Camp – Twin Sharing
DAY 4 – Trek from Devsu Bugyal to Ruinsara Tal | Trek Distance: 10 km | Trek Time : 5/6 hours | Altitude 11,720 ft | Overnight Stay Camp – Twin Sharing
DAY 5 – Trek from Ruinsara Tal to Thaga Camp | Trek Distance: 03 km | Trek Time : 3 hours | Altitude 13,120 ft | Overnight Stay Camp – Twin Sharing
DAY 6 – Trek from Thaga Camp to Bali Odari Base Camp | Trek Distance: 03 km | Trek Time: 3 hours | Altitude 15,125 ft | Overnight Stay Camp – Twin Sharing
DAY 7 – Trek from Bali Odari Base Camp to Lowar Damni Camp via Bali pass Summit attempt 16207 ft| Trek Distance: 14 km | Trek Time: 8/9 hours | Altitude 10,111 ft | Overnight Stay Camp – Twin Sharing
DAY 8 – Trek from Lower Damani Camp to Jankichatti via Yamunotri temple | Trek Distance: 06 km | Trek Time: 3 hours | Same day to Drive Dehradun
What is special about Bali Pass Trek?
Trekking to this enthralling Bali pass can be a spiritual experience for a lifetime. Bali Pass Trek comes in the category of epic historic adventure treks where you can find the essence of mythology Chardham.
Yamunotri temple is the best part of this trek, with rich meadows, grasslands, mountain ridges, pine forests, glacial ranges, and jaw-dropping views of the Great Himalayas.
In addition, this is the only valley from where you can have a glimpse of elevated peaks like Bandarpoonch Peak -6300 Meters), Black peak -6387 Meters, Kalanag, Ruinsara Lake – 3500 Meters, Bali Pass 4950 Meters, and Swargarohini – I, II, and III – 6300 Meters Many others peaks!
During the trek, explore a sacred glacial lake “Ruinsara Tal” and further, pass through the route over Yamunotri to the holy pilgrimage site Yamunotri temple. Moreover, it is included in the list of virgin treks in Uttarakhand Himalayas. So, here are some attractions of this Trek – Ruinsara Lake, Govind Pashu National Park, rich meadows of Devshu Bugyal and Damini, and Odari Yamunotri Temple.
Adventurous Bali Pass Trek
Most importantly, the trek is a difficult one and not for beginners because the trail is exhilarating and includes crossing risky areas and steep ascents.
Therefore, the trek involves associated challenges but is great for adventure seekers and avid trekkers. In addition to the adventure and beauty, the marvelous panorama views in the Himalayas Therefore, Bali Pass is a tremendous offbeat crossover trek in the Uttarakhand.
Yamunotri Dham part of Bali Pass Trek
- Yamunotri Dham is situated in the Uttarkashi district of Uttarakhand.
- The Temple is situated in the western region of Garhwal.
- The Yamunotri is the source of the Yamuna River, about 3,293 m above sea level.
- Maharaja Pratap Shah of Tehri Garhwal constructed this temple. Yamunotri Dham is one of the Char Dham.
- Therefore People come visit to this place, and after visiting people go happily. People also come from abroad for this beautiful trek; coming to this place brings peace of mind. Sometimes people who come from overseas say that you are so lucky that you live in such a beautiful area.
- Char Dham is situated in the state of Uttarakhand. That’s why Uttarakhand is known as Devbhoomi, which means “The Land of the Lord”.
Best Time to Visit Bali Pass Trek
The best time to visit Bali Pass Trek in Uttarakhand, India, is during the summer months and early autumn, specifically from late May to mid-October. This period offers the most favorable weather conditions for trekking. Here’s a breakdown of the seasons:
- Summer (Late May to Early June): This is the ideal time to start the trek. The weather is relatively pleasant, with daytime temperatures ranging from 10°C to 20°C (50°F to 68°F). The snow on the trail will have melted, making it easier to navigate.
- Monsoon (Late June to August): The monsoon season in the region can be quite challenging. Heavy rainfall can lead to landslides and make the trail muddy and slippery. Trekking during this time is not recommended, as it can be dangerous.
- Early Autumn (September to Mid-October): This is another great time to visit Bali Pass Trek. The weather is still pleasant, and the views are stunning. The daytime temperatures are similar to those in late spring, but the nights can get colder, so be prepared for lower temperatures as you gain altitude.
We are a local team in Uttarakhand so we have a more experienced team, Himalayan Hikers
Bali Pass Trek visit in the month of May or June?
Bali Pass Trek Month in May and June gives a slightly different experience to Trekkers because in May you start getting snow after Ruinsara Tal .bali orderi base, The best time to undertake the Bali Pass Trek in May or June is during late May or early June. During this period, the weather is relatively favorable for trekking in the Bali Pass region. Here’s what you can expect in terms of weather and conditions:
- Late May: This is the beginning of the trekking season in the Bali Pass area. Daytime temperatures are generally comfortable, ranging from around 10°C to 20°C (50°F to 68°F) at lower elevations. The snow on the trail should have largely melted, making it easier to hike.
- Early June: Early June is still a good time for the trek. Daytime temperatures can be a bit warmer, typically ranging from 15°C to 25°C (59°F to 77°F) at lower elevations. As you ascend in altitude, temperatures will drop, so it’s important to pack clothing layers for varying conditions.
Bali Pass trek to visit in the month of September or October
September and October are excellent months to do the Bali Pass Trek in the Uttarakhand region of India. During this period, the weather is generally pleasant, and the trail conditions are favorable for trekking. Here’s what you can expect:
- September: This is a great time to undertake the Bali Pass Trek. The monsoon season has passed, and the weather is clear and pleasant. Daytime temperatures at lower elevations can range from 15°C to 25°C (59°F to 77°F), making it comfortable for trekking. Nights might get cooler as you gain altitude, so be prepared for a wide temperature range.
- October: Early October is also an excellent time for the trek. The weather remains clear and cool, with daytime temperatures ranging from 10°C to 20°C (50°F to 68°F) at lower elevations. As you ascend to higher altitudes, temperatures may drop further, so it’s important to carry suitable clothing and gear for varying conditions.
During September and October, the landscapes are lush and green, and the views are stunning. The trekking conditions are generally safe, and the trail is not as crowded as during the peak summer season.
Why Choose Bali Pass Trek?
Before heading towards the itinerary, it is really essential to perceive the reason behind choosing the Bali Pass trek.
See, firstly, the trekking distance is a total of by taxi 425 Km and on foot 64 km, which is to cover eight days.
Bali Pass is a high-altitude mountain trek Altitudes are 4950 Meters and 16207 ft
The Starting trail is not that abrupt and sheer as compared to other treks. So this trek is not for beginners
Need proper gear & clothing for sub-zero temperatures?
Finally, You got to see so many heavenly bodies in one place like the panoramic view of the Himalayan ranges, meadows, one of the beautiful Ruinsara lakes, pine forests, and different varieties of flora and fauna surpassing through bona fide Garhwali heritage and culture.
In your spare time Interact with locals, and you will get to know about some of the ancient tales of Indian mythology.
And, in summer, the Bali Pass valley turns different and amusing because of meadows, wildflowers, and woods blooming in different colors.
Beautiful landscapes so carry proper photo gear and extra battery backup.
The backpack should not exceed 10 to 12 kg only
How Difficult is Bali Pass Trek?
The difficulty of the Bali Pass Trek can be categorized as moderate to challenging, and it may not be suitable for beginners or novice trekkers. Here are some factors to consider:
- Altitude: The Bali Pass Trek reaches high altitudes, with the pass itself at around 4,800 meters (15,750 feet). Trekking at such altitudes can pose challenges due to reduced oxygen levels, which can lead to altitude sickness if not acclimatized properly. Beginners may find it more challenging to acclimatize and cope with the altitude.
- Terrain: The trail involves a variety of terrain, including steep ascents and descents, rocky paths, river crossings, and sections with loose scree. You will need to have a good level of fitness and stamina to handle these conditions.
- Weather: Weather conditions in the Himalayan region can be unpredictable, with the potential for rapid changes in temperature, rain, and snowfall. Being prepared for such weather fluctuations is crucial.
- Long Duration: The Bali Pass Trek typically takes around 7-10 days to complete, depending on the specific itinerary and the trekking group’s pace. Long treks like this can be physically demanding and tiring.
Given these challenges, it’s advisable for beginners to gain some experience with shorter and less demanding treks at lower altitudes before attempting the Bali Pass Trek. It’s also important to have proper trekking gear, including warm clothing, trekking boots, and trekking poles, and to travel with a knowledgeable local guide or join a reputable trekking group. This will ensure safety and make the trek more manageable, even for those with limited trekking experience.
Is Bali Pass safe for beginner trekkers?
Yes, Bali Pass Trek is a safe trek if you are going with a good trekking team which you must know before booking yourself, It is important for you to know whether the bow trekking organization with which we are going is right or not,
And if possible, trek with a local trekking organization, you can do the same help all the time. then your trek can be very good and memorable
The minimum age required to trek Bali Pass is 15 years and the maximum is 55 years. The rest depends on your fitness.
The base camp of Sankri in Bali Pass Trek
Base camp Sankri is one of the most beautiful markets this is only one base camp starting 25 + Himalayan treks. Thus, it always remains busy with the hustle and bustle of trekkers. This small market is truly picturesque because of its idyllic setting and serene aura.
There are quaint wooden houses made of Deodar wood. And also some hotels and restaurants serve delicious local food. Their specialty is “Red Rice”. So, get to know the villagers and have a glimpse of their lifestyle. It is the best place to explore the Himalayan culture and tradition.
Also, You will see some excellent views of the lofty Swargarohini Peaks and Bandarpoonch. And yes, do not miss their glorifying sunrise and sunset views.
Moreover, the nearest village to Sankri is “Saur”. The temple of Someshwar Devta there is highly worshiped by the villagers.
Therefore, the base camp will leave you admiring its exquisite beauty.
Why you should do Bali Pass Trek with Himalayan Hikers
- Experienced Guides: Himalayan Hikers has experienced and knowledgeable guides who are familiar with the terrain and can provide valuable insights about the local culture, flora, and fauna.
- Scenic Beauty: Bali Pass Trek offers breathtaking views of the snow-capped peaks, dense forests, and stunning meadows. The trek takes you through some of the most beautiful locations in the Garhwal Himalayas.
- Off-beat Experience: Bali Pass Trek is not as crowded as some of the popular treks in the region. This means that you can enjoy a more serene and peaceful experience, away from the hustle and bustle of city life.
- Safety: Safety is a top priority for Himalayan Hikers. The trekking team takes necessary precautions to ensure that you have a safe and enjoyable trekking experience.
- Customizable Packages: Himalayan Hikers offers customizable trekking packages that cater to your specific requirements and preferences. This means that you can choose the duration, difficulty level, and other aspects of your trek based on your personal preferences and physical fitness.
Overall, trekking with Himalayan Hikers on the Bali Pass Trek can be a great way to explore the beauty of the Garhwal Himalayas while enjoying a safe and memorable adventure.
The altitude we are going to cover in Bali Pass Trek
The altitude gain on the Bali Pass Trek varies from day to day. Here’s a breakdown of the altitude per day on the Bali Pass Trek:
- The altitude of Sankri village is approximately 6,400 feet (1,921 meters) above sea level.
- The altitude of Cheludgad campsite is around 8,858 feet (2700 meters) above sea level.
- The altitude of Devsu Bugyal is approximately 9,809 feet (2990 meters) above sea level.
- The altitude of Ruinsara Lake is approximately 11482 feet (3,500 meters) above sea level.
- The altitude of Odari campsite is approximately 12,678 feet (3800 meters) above sea level.
- The altitude of the Bali Pass is approximately 16,240 feet (4,950 meters) above sea level.
Your Travel Plan for Bali Pass Trek
You can book trains, air flights, and bus tickets for your journey only according to the information given by us.
The Bali pass trek will be 6 days and 2 days of your journey total of 08 Days from Dehradun to Dehradun.
First of all, all the trekkers will have to book their flight and train bus according to our timetable as our pick-up is from 6 am to 7 am, and you will have to reach Dehradun in the morning.
A taxi from Himalayan hikers will link you to the Dehradun railway station.
Himalayan Hikers organize transport to Sankri base camp from Dehradun railway station. Our vehicles leave at 6:00 am to 7:00 am sharp from Dehradun. The taxi costs include your package for a sharing Tempo Traveler.
At Dehradun railway station you will get our staff that will arrange transport for you. The contacts no Transport coordinator or our office team will give you a week prior to your departure.
How will you reach Bali Pass Trek?
Bali Pass Trek is located in the Uttarkashi district of Uttarakhand and can be reached through Dehradun, which is the nearest major city. Here are the steps to reach Bali pass trek from Dehradun:
- By air: The nearest airport to Dehradun is Jolly Grant Airport, which is about 29 km away. From the airport, you can take a taxi or a bus to Dehradun.
- By train: Dehradun is well connected by rail to major cities in India. The Dehradun Railway Station is located in the heart of the city and can be reached easily by taxi or auto-rickshaw.
- By road: Dehradun is connected to major cities by road and has a good network of buses and taxis. You can take a bus or a taxi from Delhi, which is about 240 km away, to reach Dehradun.
Once you reach Dehradun, you can take a taxi or a bus to reach Sankri, which is the starting point of the Bali pass trek. The distance between Dehradun and Sankri is about 190 km, and it takes around 8-9 hours to reach by road. From Sankri,
Here are the various options to reach Dehradun from some major cities in India:
Mumbai to Dehradun:
- By Air: You can take a direct flight from Mumbai to Dehradun. The flight duration is approximately 2 hours and there are multiple airlines operating on this route.
- By Train: You can take a direct train from Mumbai to Dehradun. The journey duration is approximately 30-36 hours, depending on the train you choose.
- By Road: There are no direct buses from Mumbai to Dehradun. You can take a bus to Delhi or Chandigarh and then take another bus or taxi to reach Dehradun.
Delhi to Dehradun:
- By Air: You can take a direct flight from Delhi to Dehradun. The flight duration is approximately 1 hour and there are multiple airlines operating on this route.
- By Train: You can take a direct train from Delhi to Dehradun. The journey duration is approximately 5-7 hours, depending on the train you choose.
- By Road: You can take a bus or a taxi from Delhi to Dehradun. The distance is approximately 250 km and the journey duration is around 6-7 hours.
Pune to Dehradun:
- By Air: There are no direct flights from Pune to Dehradun. You can take a connecting flight via Delhi or Mumbai.
- By Train: There are no direct trains from Pune to Dehradun. You can take a train to Delhi or Chandigarh and then take another train to reach Dehradun.
- By Road: There are no direct buses from Pune to Dehradun. You can take a bus to Delhi or Chandigarh and then take another bus or taxi to reach Dehradun.
Chennai to Dehradun:
- By Air: There are no direct flights from Chennai to Dehradun. You can take a connecting flight via Delhi or Mumbai.
- By Train: There are no direct trains from Chennai to Dehradun. You can take a train to Delhi or Chandigarh and then take another train to reach Dehradun.
- By Road: There are no direct buses from Chennai to Dehradun. You can take a bus to Delhi or Chandigarh and then take another bus or taxi to reach Dehradun.
Bangalore to Dehradun:
- By Air: You can take a direct flight from Bangalore to Dehradun. The flight duration is approximately 2 hours and there are multiple airlines operating on this route.
- By Train: There are no direct trains from Bangalore to Dehradun. You can take a train to Delhi or Chandigarh and then take another train to reach Dehradun.
- By Road: There are no direct buses from Bangalore to Dehradun. You can take a bus to Delhi or Chandigarh and then take another bus or taxi to reach Dehradun.
Hyderabad to Dehradun:
- By Air: You can take a direct flight from Hyderabad to Dehradun. The flight duration is approximately 2-3 hours and there are multiple airlines operating on this route.
- By Train: There are no direct trains from Hyderabad to Dehradun. You can take a train to Delhi or Chandigarh and then take another train to reach Dehradun.
- By Road: There are no direct buses from Hyderabad to Dehradun. You can take a bus to Delhi or Chandigarh and then take another bus or taxi to
The Grand Shiva Home Stay in Sankri, Uttarkashi, Uttarakhand
The Grand Shiva Home Stay is our newly constructed luxurious hotel in Sankri (the base camp of Kedarkantha Trek). It offers you local and delicious food prepared by our local family members, 24 Horse Hot Water, Cold Water, Free Wi-Fi, Room Services, and much more, with the help of which we provide our guests with a special experience. Our Homestay has exquisite furnishings with luxurious furniture and high-quality toiletries.
Luxury Rooms in The Grand Shiva Home Stay Sankri
The Grand Shiva Home Stay rooms are spacious, elegant, and comfortable all at once, equipped with everything you need for a wonderfully rejuvenating stay. Every detail of the design and features has been carefully considered. Suites feature lavish furnishings with sleeping and sitting areas and a host of other amenities, including complimentary Wi-Fi Internet, electronic safety boxes, flat-screen TVs, and refreshments.
What is the distance to reach Bali pass trek from another state
- Delhi to dehradun distance by flight -207 Kms) and Dehradun airport to Sankri 217 kms by taxi and (Sankri to Jankichatti via Bali pass summit 65 km on foot )
- Delhi to dehradun distance by train 302 kms ) and Dehradun to Sankri 190 kms by taxi and (Sankri to Jankichatti via Bali pass summit 65 km on foot )
- Delhi to Dehradun distance by bus 249 kms) and Dehradun to Sankri by taxi to sankri 190 kms, and (Sankri to Jankichatti via Bali pass summit 65 km on foot )
- Bangalore to Dehradun distance by air 1924 kms) (By Train – 2371 kms) and Dehradun airport to Sankri 217 km by taxi, and (Sankri to Jankichatti via Bali pass summit 65 km on foot )
- Mumbai to Dehradun distance by air 1344 kms) (By Train – 1724 kms ) and Dehradun to Sankri 190 km by Taxi and (Sankri to Jankichatti via Bali pass summit 65 km on foot )
- Kolkata to Dehradun distance by air 1518 kms ( By Train – 1694 km) and Dehradun to Sankri 190 km by taxi and (Sankri to Jankichatti via Bali pass summit 65km on foot )
ATM Point and Mobile Connectivity in Bali pass Trek
Before starting the journey to Bali Pass, make sure that you make payments, and then take out the cash on the way, Sankri base camp has no bank and no ATM., Purola market is the last place where you can withdraw cash from an ATM, (If you want to withdraw money then do it in Dehradun.)
Sankri is a small village located in the Uttarkashi district of Uttarakhand, India. Being a remote location, the mobile network connectivity in Sankri may be limited. However, some of the major mobile network providers in India like , Jio, Vodafone and BSNL have network coverage in the area.
It’s important to note that the network coverage may vary depending on the location and the network provider. In some areas, you may experience poor or no network connectivity, while in others, you may have good network coverage. It’s a good idea to check with your network provider regarding the network coverage in Sankri and the surrounding areas before your trip.