Chopta Tungnath & Chandrashila Trek in Uttarakhand Himalayas,
Chopta Tungnath & Chandrashila Trek is the entire area comes under Kedarnath musk deer sanctuary, District Rudraprayag Uttarakhand, Chopta at an approximate altitude of 2,608 m) so chances are that you can spot wildlife including wild goat and Himalayan monal in the morning.
Most popularly known as the ‘Mini Switzerland’ of Uttarakhand, Himalayas
Garhwal is a piece of heaven nestled in the Himalayas. Surrounded by the Bugyal or Velvet meadows and pristine snow-capped mountain, Chopta Tungnath and Chandrashila is considered a year-round holiday destination: Pleasant in summer, Experience, Monsoon rains – and a beautiful view of the changes. In winter, the snow-capped hills attract you to the fairyland. Chopta also comes in the center of Panch Kedar Trek route.
What are some special things about Chopta?
Lord Tungnath also visits the five holiest Shiva temples in the state of Uttarakhand. On the left are the Lord shree Kedarnath and Madmaheshwar temples and on the right are the Sri Rudranath and Sri Kalpeshwar temples and just above it are the Sri Tungnath temples.
Although Chopta is also a bird’s paradise, many types of animals, birds are found here and you can see more than 200 above species of birds, including native and migratory species like Himalayan Monal, Himalayan Swiftlet, Himalayan Griffon, Scarlet Finch , Hill Partridge etc. Nearby places like Dugal bitta, Mandal village, Tungnath trek route are mostly sighted and Chopta has been declared as an important wild animal bird-watching site by National and International Conservation and Biodiversity Organizations. What makes this trek special?
About Tunhmath Temple and Chandrashila Peak
Bhagwan Tungnath Temple is magnificent in its style and architecture, according to the wishes of the priest, the Tungnath temple is believed to be more than 1000 years old. This main temple is dedicated to Lord Shiva and other smaller rocks temples in the vicinity are said to be dedicated to Goddess Parvati. In which Chandrashila Peak is also considered
Chandrashila Peak is another 1.5 km from Tungnath Temple, from Tungnath Temple, the path narrows and uphill trek route, as one climbs to the meadows of Chandrashila Peak. Chandrashila Peak is the last peak of the mountain on which the Tungnath temple is also situated. A beautiful small temple is situated on the summit. Chandrashila Peak is situated at an altitude of 3,690 m above sea level, these peaks are at 360 degrees. From there you get spectacular views of Nanda Devi, Trishul, Nanda Ghunti, Kedar Dome, Chaukhamba, Kamet, Gangotri ranges, Shivling Peak and Himalayan peaks.
How Difficult is Chopta Tungnath & Chandrashila Trek
Chopta, Chandrashila trek is Easy trek , this trek comes in a Easy or moderate level. Chopta, tungnath temple, Chandrashila trek is uphill trek while going, and when Tungnath,Chandrashila trek comes back from summit, it is completely downhill trek route
When you go on this trek, you will not even know when you have reached the camp, the beautiful view and the beautiful hills all around will continue to delight you.
Is Chopta Tungnath & Chandrashila Trek safe for me ?
Yes Chopta , Chandrashila trek is a safe trek if you are going with a good trekking team which you must know before booking yourself, It is important for you to know that the bow trekking organization with which we are going is right or not,
And if possible, trek with a local trekking organization in Uttarakhand , you can do the same help all the time. Then your trek can be very good and memorable
The minimum age required to trek Chopta, Chandrashila trek is 7 years and maximum 65 years. The rest depends on your fitness.
Brief Details of Chopta Tungnath & Chandrashila Trek
- Proper conditioning & training of the body is required.
- Need proper gear & clothing for sub-zero temperature?
- Shoes are the single most important equipment.
- But it is necessary to be fit to do this trek.
- And you can do this trek in the year; these are the plan for both summer and winter.
- For Winter Trek, I think it is necessary for people from 7 years to 65 years.
- This trek will be a relief and joy for the first time visitors. This trek will increase new energy and confidence in you.
- Winter & Post monsoon or pre-monsoon is the best time. During rains, the region is prone to landslides.
- Beautiful landscapes so carry good photo gear & Extra battery backup.
- Personal use Medical Kit Mandatory for During the trek.
Altitude we are going to cover in Chopta Tungnath & Chandrashila Trek
- Chopta – Altitude is – 2,608, meters
- Tungnath – Altitude is -3,680 meters
- Chandrashila Peak – Altitude is – 3690 meters
Key Points of Chopta Tungnath & Chandrashila Trek
- Duration: – 4 Days and 3 Nights from Dehradun to Dehradun
- Chopta Chandrashila trek Costs- Per Person Rs. 7,000/- from Dehradun to Dehradun
- Base camp: – Chopta
- Summer Temperature: – Day (5°C to 17°C) Night (2° C to 10° C)
- Winter Temperature: – Day (-1°C to -5° C) Night (-5°C to -12°C)
- Best Time: – I can go through the whole year
- Trek Level: – Easy-Moderate
- Trek distance: – On foot 15 Km – By taxi 432 km
- Group Size: – We will have a minimum group size of 6 people and a maximum 20 people, if someone has to be private for their group, then you will be given a full date.
Why Should You Choose Himalayan Hikers?
We’re local here in the Uttarakhand Himalayas to give you the greatest experience possible through the eyes of highly skilled and qualified specialists who have a passion for adventure sports. We are community members attempting to promote our favorite adventure sports while also supporting local businesses. We, at Himalayan Hikers, dedicate ourselves to providing you with an unforgettable experience.
Himalayan Hikers always make the trek from Trekkers memorable, I insist that you do not face any problem in any trek and you can always have a pleasant experience.
Weather conditions in Chopta Tungnath & Chandrashila Trek
Weather conditions depend on the time of the year trekkers are traveling.
Weather of Chopta , Tungnath, Chandrashila trek always changes from time to time, so you can bring clothes for yourself according to the season in which you want to come. If possible, you can inform us about it.
Short Itinerary of Chopta Chandrashila Trek
- Day 1- Dehradun to Chopta
- Day 2 – Rest Day and Acclimatization exploration Chopta
- Day 3 – Chopta to Tungnath, Chandrashila Peak and back to Chopta Campsite.
- Day 4 – Chopta to Dehradun.
How to Reach Chopta Base Camp ?
If you are traveling from Kolkata, Bengaluru, Chennai, Pune, Mumbai, Gujrat, indoor, Jaipur, or hyderabad any other city, so you will have to come to Delhi, you will get a train from Delhi for Dehradun comfortably.
Option 01: By Train
All trekkers booked yourself the,
Koth Express /Nanda Devi Express to Dehradun (Train no is 12206 Departure 11:30 pm: – Reached Dehradun 5:45
Dehradun Express- to Dehradun (Train no is 12687 Departure -9:10 pm:- Reached Dehradun 5:00 am.
Take the both overnight trains to Dehradun to form the new Delhi- Dehradun Special A/C train from Hazrat Nizamuddin railway station. The train reached Dehradun railway station morning 5:45 to 6:30 am if you Meet to Our office members – joining our upcoming batches and Group.
Option 02:- By Air
Jolly Grant airport is the nearest airport in Rishikesh or Dehradun . Located about 21 km from Rishikesh city. There are flights available from all states to Dehradun Airport, you can go online and book your tickets. These are easy and easy ways for you and you also save your time, Taxis are available from the airport to Rishikesh or Dehradun at all-time costs Rs. 1000/* one-way pay to directly
Option 03:- By Bus
You can reach Dehradun from Delhi by a bus, board it from (Delhi) Kashmiri Gate ISBT; it is good if you have booked the seats.
(Reach Dehradun Railway Station or bus stand between 5:00 am to 6:00 am and vehicles will be arranged from there.)
PARTICIPANTS MUST BRING FORChopta Tungnath & Chandrashila Trek
- Backpack of 50 -60 ltrs
- Sturdy hiking boots: preferably all leather upper as it provides better ankle support. If you do not own a pair yet, it is advisable that you buy one as soon as possible & wear it often so that they are well broken. This will help prevent blisters.
- Lightweight tennis shoes/sandals: for wearing in camp
- Wool socks: 2 pairs: preferably thick wool socks.
- Nylon socks: 2- Pairs, of the type you wear daily to be worm under the wool socks to prevent blisters.
- Hiking shirt: 1 Preferably long sleeve
- Long John top: 2 also known as thermal underwear, preferably wool to be worm as the first layer.
- Warm shirts & pants for camp : 2 each
- Raincoat/ Poncho 1 each • Warm Jacket: 1
- Wool gloves: 1 pair as thick as available in the market.
- Long John bottoms: Preferably wool to be worm as the first layer.
- Under wear: 2-3 changes Hiking shorts/ pants: 1
- Sun hat: Cotton or nylon. Sun Glasses: Preferably with an anchor
- Sun Protection Lotion: optional Lip balm/chapstick: optional
- Water bottle: 2 Bottles of 1 Liter capacity (Pepsi bottles work well) please ensure that they do not leak.
- Headlamp / flashlight: Preferably a headlamp as it leaves your hands free to work please bring extra batteries.
- Toilet articles: Tooth brush, tooth paste, etc And personal medical kit small one.