Phulara Ridge Trek Explored in the late 90’s in Uttarakhand Himalaya
Phulara Ridge Trek lies in the Govind Wildlife Sanctuary. As you would know there are many pristine treks in this sanctuary of Uttarkashi district, Phulara is one of them!
it is the rare ridge trek in Uttarakhand but unlike others, it has not seen many footsteps that differentiates it from other places.
“Himalayan Hikers” took their first group 2003 – of “Woodstock school” to this idyllic place since then not many people have known about this hidden gem in the Himalayas.
“The Phulara Ridge literally means ‘’the ridge of beautiful flowers’ ’.
It is located in Govind wildlife sanctuary, Uttarakhand (India).it is a lower Himalayas -high altitude trek about “12,127 Feet”.
Actually Phulara Ridge is a type of large spread forest (bugyals). Throughout the year this region is covered with greenery and beautiful flowers like Brahmakamal and Fankamal (many others species ).
The high mountain chain and the wonderful evergreen valleys lie here and that is the main reason behind the growth of a maximum number of natural vegetation in this high altitude region.
In winter Phulara Ridge is mostly covered with snow and little fog and that makes it much more interesting for visiting the next view after every step that takes you along with it to the forward.
The way of this forest begins from mid of the dense forest and ends to the bugyal which is surrounded by the beautiful mountain peaks and that’s why it is said that ‘if the way is most difficult so, the destination is also more beautiful’ this line always suit to “Phulara Ridge Trek ”
Phulara Ridge Trek – Winter and Summer Delight
Therefore, a great thing about Phulara Ridge trek is, it has got different charm in different seasons.
It can be seen at full bloom in summers; the wildflowers, foliage and the sun shining in the blue sky all together make the scenery picture perfect.
But, in winters the snow covering the landscapes and the all-white beauty can leave anybody praising it.
So, it is one of those treks which can be done throughout the year.
“From the year 2003 company “Himalayan Hikers” is organizing this trek and mostly we had organized treks with Wood Stock School Mussoorie, Welham Boys School Dehradun ” and our customized groups, whenever comes we mainly offer this trek to them because this trek is full with plenty of joy and knowledge about the adaptation of Phulara Ridge.
Best Time to Visit Phulara Ridge Trek ?
Phulara Ridge trek is a very beautiful and an Moderate trek in the Uttarakhand Himalaya The Phulara Ridge trek is great for those people who have a great passion for mountaineering and consider it a special purpose in their life. Phulara Ridge trek is such a trek where you get to see more than one Himalayan mountain range..
You can do Phulara Ridge trek. May. June, July, September, October, November For those who like summer treks, they can go summer treks are a very good time for those who want to see snow Glacier Greenery .
Phulara Ridge trek is also a good trek for Monsoon trek at that time there are flowers and green greenery which makes the trek very memorable.
The Phulara Ridge trek starts from Dehradun / Sankri Village in Uttarakhand, state India which comes in Gharwal Mountain Range District Uttarkashi
During the day the temperature of Phulara Ridge trek is around ( 08°C to 15 °C and during the night the temperature comes down to 05 °C to 08 °C which is not bad.
Difficulty level is Phulara Ridge trek ?
Phulara Ridge Trek is moderate trek, Phulara Ridge Trek is a mild climb from Sankri to Phulara Top, and when Phulara Ridge comes back from T summit, Phulara Ridge it is completely down hill
When you go on this trek, you will not even know when you have reached the camp, the beautiful view and beautiful hills all around will keep you happy.
These treks are not difficult to do, they are the right treks even for those who are doing it for the first time.
Phulara Ridge trek trek safe for Beginner ?
Yes Phulara ridge trek is a safe trek if you are going with a good trekking team which you must know before booking yourself, It is important for you to know that the bow trekking organization with which we are going is right or not,
The minimum age required to trek Phulara ridge trek is 08 years and maximum 60 years. The rest depends on your fitness .
What should you keep in mind for the Phulara Ridge trek?
Phulara ridge trek is as good as it is said, you also need to be prepared., Phulara ridge trek is a moderate trek which starts from Sankri and ends after trek Sankri in Uttarakhand
So what are the special things to keep in mind before coming on this trek?
Phulara ridge trek is one such trek, which you can do this trek Month of May to Last week of November, this is very safe trek in Uttarakhand Himalayas
- Summer trek to Phulara ridge trek is very special, the view and the temperature are all favorable to you
- For summer trek, you have to bring only normal clothes, so that your trek can be good, there is no need for hot clothes, but in hiking it is also necessary to bring all the equipment which is necessary for you.
- It is necessary to have 3 pairs of clothes from trekking, especially the poncho, you will have to bring every season
- In the summer season, the temperature is always normal, so there is no need for hot clothes.
- Morning evening and nights are cold in Phulara ridge trek , so it is necessary to carry some warm clothes, good jacket, warm thermal, this will help you and stay comfortably in the high altitude camp
- During the monsoon season, it rains occasionally during the Phulara trek, especially in the Uttarakhand Himalayas, so if you have dry clothes here, it is very good, even when wet, it dries quickly.
- At this time you have to bring at least 3 pairs of clothes, for monsoon trek you do not have to bring too warm clothes, at this time you, hiking pants and t-Sart, I can trek
- It’s only a little cold in the morning and evening and the day is a good temperature for you
- Before going on any trek, it will be easy for you to take information related to each season.
- Trekkers need to know about these, you can ask us anytime like, Trek route, trek map, temperature, weather condition, difficulty level, trek starting point, end point, transport, view of the trek, best time to visit, How to reach Phulara ridge, trek Itinerary, trek distance, Location etc, keep this information before going
- Phulara ridge trek is not in winter trek , the right time to do this trek is from 1st week May to last week of November
- It snows around 6 to 7 feet in the winter season and it can be very risky to go here
- We have special treks for you for winters that are safe and beautiful
Such as – Kedarkantha Trek, Har ki dunn Trek, Dayara Bugyal Trek, Kuari Pass Trek, Brahmatal Trek, Dodital Trek, Vijay Top Trek, Nag Tibba Trek and many more.
History of Base camp Sankri in Phulara Ridge Trek
In 1970 only foreigners used to visit here and the number exceeded 20 people per day.
At that Har ki Dun trek was the most famous one and it was highly visited by the people.
The number of Bengali trekkers was also high, they did many high altitude passes and visited Sankri frequently.
The Moon from Sankri base camp seems so close that touching it feels possible.
And, the sunrise from Sankri is extremely beautiful because the golden rays of the sun eagerly welcome and wake you up.
The sunset is beautiful too but a short while of darkness will surely make you smile afterward when the moon shines.
The lives in the mountains are different, here are risks and happiness too!
The trekkers told me if the office, airport everything was here, they would never leave the mountains.
My only answer was – if every facility was here then the mesmerizing beauty of the mountains would have lost somewhere!
The untouched beauty is the thing that provides peace and a spark to know about the mountains.
We are really lucky and happy to be “Pahadis”.
The Attractions of Phulara Ridge Trek
The trek starts from Sankri which is the base camp of more than 25 treks.
During the trek pass through verdant forests extremely rich in Flora and Fauna.
Small clearings on the way are surprisingly beautiful.
Above all, panorama views of Himalayan peaks are the main attraction of Phulara Ridge trek.
Level: Easy to Moderate (this trek is good for beginners).
During the trek proper conditioning training of body required.
Need proper gear clothing for sub-zero temperature.
Shoes are the single most important equipment.
Beautiful landscapes so carry good photo gear Extra battery backup Travel light.
The backpack should not exceed 12 kg.
Altitude we are going to cover in Phulara Ridge Trek
Sankri (1920 Meters)
Sikolta (2900 Meters)
Bhoj Gadi (3470 Meters)
Phulara Ridge ( 3700 Meters )
Key Points of Phulara Ridge Trek
Duration: – 5 Nights 6 Days
Base camp: – Sankri
Summer Temperature: –Day 5°C to 15°C) Night 2° C to 5°C)
Altitude: – 3700 Meters
Best Time: – All year
Trek Level: – Moderate
Trek distance: –On foot 23 Km – By taxi 420 km
Group Size: –20 people
Short Itinerary of Phulara ridge Trek
Day 1 :- Pickup to you from Dehradun railway station – Drive to Sankri Market – 210 Km (8/9 Hours (1920 Meters)
Day 2 :– Trek from Sankri to Sikolta (07 km) (4/5 Hours) (2900 Meters )
Day 3 :– Trek from Sikolta to Bhoj gadi camp (04km) (3/4 Hours) (3470 Meter )
Day 4:- Trek from Bhoj Gadi camp to Phulara ridge summit (3700 Meters) Pushtara thach 6 km) (5/6 Hours)
Day 5:- Trek from Pushtara thach to Taluka (8km) (4/5 Hours) same day Drive to Sankri Hotel
Day 6:- Sankri to Dehradun by taxi (210 km)(8/9 Hours)
Your Travel Plan for the Phulara Ridge Trek
You can book train, air flight, and bus tickets for your journey only according to the information given by us.
The Phulara ridge trek will be of 4 days and 02 days of your journey total of 06 Days from Dehradun to Dehradun.
First of all, all the trekkers will have to book their flight and train bus according to our time table as our pick up is from 6 am to 7 am, you will have to reach Dehradun in the morning.
A taxi from Himalayan hikers will link you to Dehradun railway station.
Himalayan Hikers organize transport to Sankri base camp from Dehradun railway station. Our vehicles leave at 6:00 am to 7:00 am sharp from Dehradun. The taxi costs pay to directly your taxi driver.
In Dehradun railway station you will get our staff that will arranged transport for you. The contacts no Transport coordinator or our office team will be give you a week ago to your departure.
Please you guys book your transport facility according to your own time table, after Himalayan hikers take all the responsibility of Dehradun to Dehradun, that you will not face any problem.
How will you Reach Phulara Ridge Trek
If you are travelling from Kolkata, Bangalore, Chennai, Pune, Mumbai or Gujarat any other city, so you will have to come to Delhi, you will get a train from Delhi for Dehradun comfortably.
Option 01:- By Train
All trekkers booked yourself the –
Nanda Devi Express to Dehradun (Train no is 12206 Departure 11:30 pm: – Reached Dehradun 5:45
Dehradun Express- to Dehradun (Train no is 12687 Departure -9:10 pm:- Reached Dehradun 5:00 am
Take the both overnight train Dehradun to from new Delhi- Dehradun Special A/C train from Hazrat nizamuddin railway station the best option to you. Train reached at dehradun railway station morning 5:45 to 6:30 am if you Meet to Our office Member – joining to our upcoming batches and Group.
Option 02:- By Air
Jolly Grant airport is the nearest airport in Dehradun. Located about 27 km for the Dehradun city. There are flights available from all states to Dehradun, you can go online and book your tickets. These are easy and easy ways for you and you also save your time, Taxis are available from the airport to Dehradun at all time costs Rs. 800/* one way pay to directly
Option 03:- By Bus
You can reach Dehradun from Delhi by a bus, board it from (Delhi) Kashmiri Gate ISBT; it is good if you are booked the seats.
(Reach Dehradun Railway Station between 5:00 am to 6:00 am and vehicle will be arranged from there.)
ATM Point and Mobile Connectivity in Phulara Ridge Trek
Before starting the journey to Phulara ridge, make sure that you need payments, and then take out the cash on the way, Sankri base camp no bank and no ATM., Purola market is the last place where you can withdraw cash from ATM, (If you want to withdraw money then do it in Dehradun.)
The phone does not work on this trek. Therefore, you should ensure that you do not have to make any important calls. . So make sure you finish all your important work and calls before starting the trek. Last Purola lunch point, your device will receive good networks
Note: – Sankri base camp only BSNL, network, Remember, these networks also sometimes does not work. Because the signal strength is not good.
What do we do for safety in Phulara Ridge trek?
First of all, the safety of trekkers is much more for us, if you see in the trek, then there are all the risks, which I do not think about.
Himalayan Hikers worry more about you that no one should ever have any problem in the trek.
What should we and you keep more safety in the trek
- Whenever you are going for any trek, it is very important that you go completely fit and ready.
- The trek is not difficult, if you make your feet and your mind calm and strong, you will find the trek very easy.
- While trekking, keep in mind that you are walking on the right route or not always with your guide.
- Most people look somewhere and where they are walking, this can cause twitching in your legs, which can ruin your entire trek.
- It is important to ask your doctor if you have any medical problems
- I should always keep my medical kit with me, it is very important.
- Himalayan Hikers always keep a medical kit with you, such as oxygen cylinders, medicine to be given in emergency on the trek
- If any trekkers have any more problems, then they are brought back to the base camp by laying them in the stretcher.
- Our camp in Phulara ridge trek is around the tree line where you can not have any problem of oxygen
- In case of any medical problem, the help of your guide or a well-informed trekkers should be taken
- If there is major health problems in Phulara trek, then Nearest Hospital is in Mori which is about 37 Kms away from and Dehradun 210 Kms away
- Remember that when we go on any trek, we go from low altitude to high altitude, it does not cause much problem on us.
- Our camps also move forward day by day and our bodies also work with the altitudes that are safe for trekkers
- Along with the trek we keep getting acclimatization