Ruinsara tal Har ki dun Trek is one of the best trek in the Garhwal Himalayas, Uttarakhand India.
Har ki dun-Ruinsara tal Trek lies among the best Treks in Uttarakhand. The vast meadows or lake, valley, stretch from 3645 meters to 3500 Meters. Har ki dun-Ruinsara Tal treks comes under Govind Wildlife Sanctuary National Park.
The trek starts from Sankri. It is the base camp of more than 25 treks. The base camp Sankri will leave you admiring with its exquisite beauty.
The route of the Har Ki Dun trek through thick oak and pine forests, lush green meadows, mesmerizing surrounding, wildflowers, glacial ranges, different variety of Flora &fauna , majestic sight of snow -capped mountains, and offers enchanting view of this beautiful valley.
This trek is the best choice for those trekkers, who are looking for adventures treks.
The best thing of this trek is come across traditional Osla village you will encounter the local life style and communities with lavish vegetation grown in the fields. And you feel the peace on this trek.
Why You Should Do Har ki dun and Ruinsara Tal Trek Together ?
Har ki dun- ruinsara tal Trek is one such trek which is known to be the oldest trek route in Himalayas.
Harkidoon and Ruinsara Tal Trek which starts from Sankri Market, from Sankri to Taluka we have to go by local taxi for 13 kms, Have to go by local taxi because this route is very short and unpaved, no big vehicle can go here, then you have to go by Bolero taxi.
These routes are now under the forest, so till now the road has not been correct here.
From Taluka we have to go to Day 1 Cheludgad, 2700 m. for this we have to cover a distance of about 13 kilometers, this is a very special and beautiful way, having Supin River along with you while trekking makes this trek even more special.
In this route we find Dhatmir village and Gangad , Osla, Pawani village which are the last villages of this trek route. These villages are situated on the hill border of Himalayas, they are such a place where everyone would like to live, there is peace and peaceful life.
Day 2 We move towards Cheludgad Camp to Har Ki Dun via Osla village and on the way, you will start seeing local flour mills and beautiful small streams and waterfalls, which make your day more special.
Today you are going to spend the night in Harkidoon where everyone likes to go, Har Ki Dun Camp is the world’s most beautiful campsite where you can enjoy both Supin River and Mountain View from inside your tent
Har Ki Dun, I get to see the art of nature where God has created a special creation.
You can also go to see Manida Tal and or Jamadar Glacier from Harkidoon, which are very special, both these places are very beautiful.
For Manida Tal you will have to cover a distance of about 7 kms while for Jamadar Glacier you will have to walk about 16 kms. both way
Why is it special to go to Ruinsara Tal after Har Ki Dun?
If you do the Ruinsara Tal trek with Harkidoon Trek, then feel as if you have got something free.
The first thing is that you have to go to the new route from Harkidoon to Ruinsara Tal, which goes to Ruinsara Tal, Bali Pass and Black Peak Expedition Kyarakoti, on this route comes a beautiful Ruinsara Tal
And this gives a new enthusiasm to you and you will not have to repeat the route from which you came, it will be a special experience for you.
The height of Ruinsara tal is about 3550 meters, which is also the main base camp of Bali pass trek and Black Peak expedition.
Ruinsara Tal is a natural lake in the middle of the mountains, which is beautiful, it is very nice to spend the night here. Rising sun and moonlit night make you feel as if you are seeing heaven.
Ruinsara Tal is located amid meadows surrounded by snow-capped mountains.
The local people worship God Someshwar Mahadev a chapel of Lord Shiva. Thus Har ki dun valley is known as “The Valley of Lord Shiva”.
Ruinsara tal -Har ki dun Trek the Majestic valley in Garhwal
During the winter season, this fascinating valley remains covered in snow, and the white sheet of snow makes it look like a magical wide snow-land.
And in summer, the valley turns different and amusing because of meadows, wild flowers, and woods blooming in different colors.
Make sure that choose the experienced trekking community for this trek.
Himalayan Hikers is a local trekking community who has vast experience of trekking.
Himalayan Hikers has hardworking, polite, professional guide and potters.
Why to choose Ruinsara tal Har ki dun Trek?
Before heading towards the itinerary, it is really essential to perceive the reason behind choosing Ruinsara tal Harkidun Trek.
See firstly, the trekking distance is a total of 56 km which is to be covered into 9 days. Yet, it comes under moderate level of easy to moderate because of the things that this trek has to offers. These are:
Har Ki Dun or Ruinsara Tal It lies amidst high ridges at an altitude of Har Ki Dun- 3645 to Ruinsara Tal – 3500 meters and is worshiped by the people. It is one of the virgin treks not known by many.
You got to see so many heavenly bodies at one place like the panoramic view of the Himalayan ranges, meadows, lakes, pine forests, different variety of flora and fauna surpassing through bona fide Garhwali heritage and culture.
Do spare time in Interaction with locals, and you will get to know about some of the ancient tales of Indian mythology.
During winter season, this fascinating valley remains covered in snow and the white sheet of snow makes it look like a magical wide snow-land.
And, in summers, the valley turns totally different and amusing because of meadows, wildflowers and woods blooming in different colors.
Altitude we are going to cover in Ruinsara tal Har ki dun Trek
Sankri – 1920 Meters
Cheludgad camp – 2600 Meters
Har Ki Dun Camp – 3645 Meters
Rainbasear camp – 3200 Meters
Ruinsara Tal – 3500 Meters
Key Points Ruinsara Tal Harkidun Trek
Duration: – 8 Nights 9 Days from Dehradun to Dehradun
Base camp: – Sankri
Summer Temperature: – Day (5°C to 15°C) Night (2° C to 8° C)
Winter Temperature: – Day (-2°C to -5° C) Night (-5°C to -12°C)
Har ki dun height 3645 m or Ruinsara tal height 3500 meters
Best Time: – March, April, May, June, July, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov, December
Trek Level: – Moderate
Trek distance: – On foot 64 Km – By taxi 442 km
What should you keep in mind for the Har Ki Dun Ruinsara tal trek ?
Harkidun- ruinsara tal is as good as it is said, you also need to be prepared., Har ki dun- ruinsara tal is a moderate trek which starts from Sankri and ends sankri
So what are the special things to keep in mind before coming on this trek?
Harkidun- ruinsara tal is one such trek, which you can do this trek March to Last week of December
This trek for safe for winter, Summer, or Monsoon, Season
- In Harkidun- ruinsara tal, you will need warm clothes a lot, for which you will need proper good uniform clothes
- Winters are always cold, so only warm clothes can keep you safe on trek
- Always take the information from the company with which you are booking the trek before going on the trek, what do we need to bring
- In the winter season, the temperature always drops day by day , so warm clothes will help you a lot.
- Har ki dun- ruinsara tal Winter trek will be possible only in December, January and February, it snows a lot, due to which this trek route gets closed, this trek starts again from March
- Summer trek to ruinsara tal- harkidun is very special, the view and the temperature are all favorable to you
- For summer trek, you have to bring only normal clothes, so that your trek can be good, there is no need for hot clothes, but in hiking it is also necessary to bring all the equipment which is necessary for you.
- It is necessary to have 3 pairs of clothes from trekking, especially the poncho, you will have to bring every season
- In the summer season, the temperature is always normal, so there is no need for hot clothes.
- During the monsoon season, it rains occasionally during the Harkidun- ruinsara tal especially in the Uttarakhand Himalayas , so if you have dry clothes here, it is very good, even when wet, it dries quickly.
- At this time you have to bring at least 3 pairs of clothes, for monsoon trek you do not have to bring too warm clothes, at this time you, hiking pants and t-Sart, I can trek
- It’s only a little cold in the morning and evening and the day is a good temperature for you
- Before going on Harkidun- ruinsara tal trek, it will be easy for you to take information related to each season.
- Trekkers need to know about these, you can ask us anytime like, Harkidun- ruinsara tal route, trek map, temperature, weather conditions, difficulty level, trek starting point, end point, transport, view of the trek, best time to visit, How to reach, trek distance ,Trek Location, keep this information before going
What do we do for safety in Harkidun -Ruinsara Tal trek ?
First of all, the safety of trekkers is much more for us, if you see in the trek, then there are all the risks, which I do not think about.
Himalayan Hikers worry more about you that no one should ever have any problem in the trek.
What should we and you keep more safety in the trek
- Whenever you are going for any trek, it is very important that you go completely fit and ready.
- Ruinsara tal Harkidun trek is Moderate, if you make your feet and your mind calm and strong, you will find the trek very easy.
- While trekking, keep in mind that you are walking on the right route or not always with your guide.
- Most people look somewhere and where they are walking, this can cause twitching in your legs, which can ruin your entire trek.
- It is important to ask your doctor if you have any medical problems
- I should always keep my medical kit with me, it is very important.
- Himalayan Hikers always keep a medical kit with you, such as oxygen cylinders, medicine to be given in emergency on the trek
- If any trekkers have any more problems, then they are brought back to the base camp by laying them in the stretcher.
- Our Harkidun- ruinsara tal Camps is around the 6000 ft to 11,000 ft where you can not have any problem of oxygen, this is tree line area
- In case of any medical problem, the help of your guide or a well-informed trekkers should be taken
- If there is major health problems in this trek , then Nearest Hospital is in Mori which is about 67 Kms away from harkidun or ruinsara tal trek
- Our camps also move forward day by day and our bodies also work with the altitudes that are safe for trekkers
- Along with the trek we keep getting acclimatization
- Himalayan Hikers always take care of their trekkers anyway it is one of our local trek where we live everyday
How to Reach Har Ki Dun- Ruinsara Tal Trek
Reaching Har ki dun- Ruinsara Tal Trek is not a big deal today. There are many options to reach here today.
Today there are 3 very easy ways to reach Harkidoon Ruinsara Tal Trek viz. Bus, Train, Airplane.
You have to see how you want to go, whether by bus, by train or by plane. Today, every state of India has every means available to reach you here.
By Air Flights
Still, let me tell you that direct flights are always available from Delhi, Mumbai, Pune, Chennai, Kolkata, Punjab, Haryana, Gujarat, lucknow, Hyderabad, Bangalore, Maharashtra, to Dehradun. via Delhi
You have to come by flight to Dehradun, after that Himalayan Hikers arrange transport service for you.Dehradun to Sankri base Camp –
Dehradun airport is at a distance of about 27 km from main city.
Direct Trains are always available from Delhi, Mumbai, Pune, Chennai, lucknow, Kolkata, Punjab, Haryana, Gujarat, Hyderabad, Bangalore, Maharashtra, to Dehradun.
You should see the booking of trains online well which can reach you on time, you have to come to Dehradun railway station by train, our team with taxi will be there to welcome you.
You will easily find many trains online to come to Dehradun.
If you want to come to Dehradun by bus or taxi, then you will get a bus from Delhi to Dehradun very easily..
All you have to do is that you have to come from your state and home to Delhi’s Kashmiri Gate, which is a very big bus stand, from here you always get Night and Day Volvo Bus. from Delhi to Dehradun
Which will reach you in Dehradun from 5 am to 7 pm in the morning
From Dehradun bus stand then we will take you directly to the Sankri base camp from where your trek will start.