Badrinath Trek is holy site to the famous Badrinath temple is a well celebrated trek route among Hindu devotees. It is one of the prominent ‘Char Dhampilgrime’ sites with thousands of devotees flocking its gates every year. It is also one of the hundred and eight ‘DivyaDesams’ dedicated to lord Vishnu. The Town of Badrinath lies in the banks of Alaknanda river of chamoli district, Uttarakhand and can be accessed via Joshimath.
The temple is mentioned in various Hindu texts, including the Mahabharata. Badrinath appears in the Mahabharata as a stop on the road to salvation. It is believed that anyone seeking salvation who visits the temple will be blessed by Lord Badri. According to Hindu mythology, Lord Vishnu sat here for meditation, unaware of his surroundings, he was protected by Devi Laxmi in the form of the Badri tree. Impressed by Devi Laxmi’s devotion, she was renamed Badri Vishal, and the location became known as Badrika Ashram. Lord Vishnu was later referred to as Badrinath.
- Trail leading to Badrinath from Joshimath is filled with devotees and their chants
- Alluring vistas of the nearby places makes the overall experience worth every challenge
Key Points of Badrinath Trek
|Duration||2 Nights 3 Days from Rishikesh to Rishikesh (please keep a day or two spare for the schedule considering, acclimatization and weather conditions)|
|Terrain Type||Trails, steep at points|
|Temperature||Day (16°C to 12° C) Night (4°C to 7°C)|
|Trek Weather||Winters are covered with snow summits and peaks whereas summers experience higher temperatures|
|Best Time:||Pre and post monsoon season, which occurs after and before the temple gates open and close.|
|Group Size:||A minimum group size of 5 people and a maximum of 30 people.|
(In case anyone wants to book a private tour for their friends and family we provide a different procedure for it)
Some of the trek highlights of Badrinath Trek
Even before the trek begins, trekkers are treated to breathtaking views of Rishikesh, Devprayag, and Rudrapryag. The magical meeting of Alaknanda and Bhagirathi at Devprayag, and Alaknanda and Mandakini at Rudraprayag, is a spiritual experience. Beautiful temples every few kilometers clearly indicate that trekkers have arrived in the Land of Gods, ‘Uttarakhand.’
The trek officially commences from Joshimath, and within a short amount of time trekkers can reach the holy site of Badrinath Temple. The final reach is enough to overwhelm devotees with the chants of “Jai Badrinath”. Temple covered in long ribbons of marigold garlands, long happy queues of devotees and the calmness of the Badrinath. Everything about this place will capture you in its essence.
Things to Look out for-
- Souvinersform Rishikesh are great for memories.
- There are countless photogenic vistas, so we recommend that you prepare yourself for any aesthetic shoots. The best pictures are those taken under a blue sky with snow-covered peaks in the background.
- Explore the tranquility of this holy site and submerge yourself in “Lord Badrinath’” blessings.
- Visit nearby village of Mana and majestic Vasudhara falls
- Take a bath in the holy waters of Tapt Kund and leave feeling completely rejuvenated.
The Altitude covered in Badrinath Trek
Best Time to Visit Badrinath Trek
The best time to visit the Badrinath temple is during the summer months of May and June. The mild temperatures of these months are ideal for gatherings with family and friends. During the day, temperatures typically range from 12 to 16 degrees Celsius, with significantly colder nights.
Due to the unfavorable weather and precipitation, this trek is best done before and after the monsoon season.
1)Is it safe?
4)Things to carry
5)Connectivity and transaction
6) How to reach
7) Short Itinerary
Is it safe?
Set amidst the high altitude ranges, concerns regarding Badrinath Trek safety are undeniably very valid questions. Yes the trek to Badrinath is indeed very safe and reliable, new trails and much clearer safety protocols are sure to ease anyone’s concerns.
Difficulty level in Badrinath Trek
Because the top is relatively high in elevation for any beginner level trekkers we strongly recommend a reasonable level of physical fitness. We advise trekkers to physically and mentally prepare themselves prior to this trek.
Any medical assistance that is required will be provided at any point of the journey; however, trekkers must consult their professional care before beginning any trek. We also strongly advise trekkers to learn about altitude sickness and to notify our teams as soon as any symptoms appear.
Weather conditions depend on the time of the year trekkers are travelling. In the months leading up to and following the monsoon season, the daytime temperatures are moderate, but the nighttime temperatures are significantly lower. Monsoons receive moderate to heavy rainfall.
Things to carry in Badrinath Trek
1) Because nights at elevations tend to be considerably colder, we suggest having well-graded, warm and comfortable clothing along with good quality shoes.
2) Despite the fact that we handle medical crises, we urge individuals to keep their emergency kits at hand in any case of personal underlying illnesses.
3) Since the journey provides you with a picturesque view of many peaks, don’t forget to bring your camera along with extra batteries.
4) Our staff will consult with fellow trekkers about their luggage and, if lacking, will assist trekkers in obtaining any necessary equipment. Only the relevant luggage should be brought, as a result.
Other trekking Essentials-
Connectivity and Transactions
1) Because connectivity along the route is unpredictable, we urge people to do all of their work ahead of time.
2) Last ATM transactions available will be at Gaurikund But we recommend travelers to collect cash beforehand or while in Rishikesh as ATMs available at other places might not dispense cash at times.
How to Reach in Badrinath Trek
If you are travelling from any metropolitan city in India or from outside India, getting to the capital city of Delhi may be the first and most important step. All major modes of transportation, such as air, road, and rail, can take you to Delhi.
Rishikesh is connected to most major cities in India via all chief modes of transportation. Trekkers could perhaps conduct extensive research for their direct mode of transportation to ensure a much smoother arrival.
How to reach Rishikesh from Delhi
By air– Jolly Grant Airport is the nearest airport to Rishikesh. It is well connected to Delhi and many chief cities with daily flights.
By road-Delhi has direct road routes to Rishikesh. Trekkers will have to book either a bus or private cabs. Prior booking for cabs and buses are easily available at various sites.
By railway– Nearest Railway station to Rishikesh will be Rishikesh Railway station. Since Rishikesh is connected to all major railway routes, trekkers can opt for a direct route or via Delhi. They can also opt for direct trains to Dehradun or Haridwar and the take acab or bus to Rishikesh.
Some important points to note-
- Please note that we don’t provide timings schedules for transportation before Rishikesh. Subjected to various conditions the scheduled timings and availability of particular rides may differ. We recommend trekkers to reach out to our teams for any queries. You can drop an email or call us for an initial guided session.
- Our teams will be collecting trekkers at fixed points of airports, railway stations and bus stands.
- It is recommended that unless any delay arrives, trekkers are advised to reach the destinations at least 2 hours prior.
Short itinerary of Badrinath Trek
Note: – Our service will remain from Rishikesh to Rishikesh – for more details please check includes or excludes
|Day 1||Rishikesh to Rudraprayag to Joshimath|
|Day 2||Joshimath to Badrinath|
|Day 3||Badrinath to Rishikesh|
As previously stated, a camera, as well as spare batteries and memory cards, are recommended. We can assure and guarantee that you will be stopping frequently along the trail to observe the grandeur of the trekking experience.
Things Himalayan Hikers recommend
We strongly recommend trekkers to prepare beforehand for the journey ahead. Regular practicing physical fitness and mental endurance will surely assist trekkers in great time.
After the trek, we strongly encourage trekkers to tag us on social media when they post any memories from the trip; this will not only prove invaluable to us with our work, but will also serve as a motivational example for all of our experts.
Why you should choose us
We’re here to give you the greatest experience possible through the eyes of highly skilled and qualified specialists who have a passion for adventure sports. We are community members attempting to promote our favorite adventure sports while also supporting local businesses. We, at Himalayan Hikers, dedicate ourselves to providing you with an unforgettable experience.