Dayara Bugyal – A Great Winter Trek in the Uttarakhand Himalayas-2023
Dayara Bugyal Trek is a spectacular and beautiful Bugyal. Dayara Bugyal Trek lies in the Uttarkashi district of Uttarakhand, India and the maximum altitude of this Bugyal. 11,181 ft. It starts from a small village of Barsu. Amazing mountain views Thrilling hikes, and some of Uttarakhand finest alpine meadows. Magnificent forest area, beautiful campsites, ancient villages, high points.
Dayara Bugyal Trek lies among the best treks in Uttarakhand. The vast meadows stretch from 10,000 to 11,181 ft in the Uttarkashi district, Uttarakhand.
This beautiful place stands in between high snow-covered peaks which together make an excellent sight. On the other hand, the meadows remain covered in snow. So, consequently, it turns out to be the most fantastic winter trek in Uttarakhand. And, also an excellent Skiing destination. Dayara Bugyal is around 28 km2 to 30 km2. I have spread.
The special thing is also that Bedni Bugyal enclosure in Dayara Bugyal Uttarakhand is the Biggest Bugyal, There is always a change in the weather in these mountains, and the temperature of Dayara Bugyal varies with time.
- We do Dayara Bugyal trek in winter for 4 days, and in summer we do it in 5 days, from Dehradun to Dehradun
- We are the local people of Uttarkashi, and if you want to make this trek memorable then you can spend your special time with Himalayan Hikers,
- we have from Raithal to Dayara bugyal trek Most expensive and luxurious home stay, camping stay and delicious food are provided to you every day 4 to 5 times, good local guide cooking team helpers and good Transport are ready to serve you.
- If you need private group, family package , School Groups all type services available
Excellent Himalayan Views and Surroundings in Dayara Bugyal Trek
Undulating meadows of Dayara are real bliss for the trekkers. It is a perfect trek that does choose in winters as well as summers! The charm and serene aura of this trek are attracting many people across the globe.
The white sheet of snow in winters gives trekkers a chance to do “Skiing” here and the blooming meadows become a feast for the eyes when the snow melts.
Subsequently, the Dayara Bugyal and Bakaria Top offer majestic views of high Himalayan peaks! The peaks visible from there are –, Rudregaira, Gangotri I, II & III, Jaonli, Draupadi ka Danda I & II, Black peak, Bandarpoonch, and many other unnamed peaks are visible from Dayara Bugyal meadow But, do not miss heavenly sunrise and sunsets views during your trek.
Also, this magical valley attracts trekkers across the globe. The carpeted wildflowers bloom together and make the scenery picturesque. The serene environment and walking under the shade of trees gives a sense of relief. Therefore, it is a great Winter and Summer Trek with excellent views and magnificent surroundings.
Beautiful Mountain Village in Dayara Bugyal Trek Route
Dayara Bugyal Trek is a High-altitude meadow for treks with natural scenery, campgrounds & historic mountain villages. I think this is a perfect Himalayas trek in Uttarakhand. For Dayara Bugyal Trek, we have to go through the village of Raithal . You get a chance to cover the beauty of this village; there is also a beautiful pond in the middle of the village,
Raithal is a small hamlet at an altitude of 2,240 meters in the Uttarkashi district. The small village of Rathil has a Guest House and some home stay . There are also some home stays as well in the picturesque village. This place is excellent for bird watching because ground birds can be easily seen here.
People here are very good and helpful; these people always welcome travelers heartily, We continue to come here for the trek, so the people here are close to our heart, If you guys want to stay home for the truth, then you will know the people here, We hill people are always welcomed by the traveling people, Anyway, when you come for this trek, you can visit the village in Evening.
What can you see from Raithal to Gui-Chilapada- and how will it feel?
Bakariya top max 12698 ft and is a normal step ascends till Barnala. We pass through the beautiful landscape of laced of Rhododendrons, forest cover of Silver Oaks, Deodar. Barnala is a place from where the famed meadow of Dayara starts.
The miles of green undulating meadows stretching as far as your eye can see are a beautiful sight. The Barnala and Dayara ridges can be seen right from the lawns at Barsu. It is an easy-moderate climb with some stiff edges in between. Barnala, a small meadow, is on top of the first ridge. Take the pathway that goes beside the wall of passing the village fields.
The fields give way to trees within ten minutes of the climb. The trees, a mix of local deciduous varieties, oak and rhododendron, create a beautiful mix of colors when their leaves glisten in the morning sun.
The trail to the high alpine meadow Dayara Bugyal is through the Barnala meadows. The landscape is picturesque and the dense forests lend a sneak peek of the greater Himalayas. As you end the ascend at Dayara, the vast meadow unfolds in front of you.
Butter & Milk, Holy Festival Celebrated in Dayara Bugyal Trek
Every year, all the people of Dayara Bugyal, Barsu or Raithal Villages and Uttarkashi Gangotri area people, and trekkers from different parts of India. Took part in the annual ‘Butter Festival’ celebrate the Butter and holy Festival with great pomp.
This is the local festival here, on this day; Lord Krishna is done to make him happy. This butter festival is celebrated in the middle of Dayara Bugyal, which is very beautiful and wonderful.
Why choose Dayara Bugyal Trek?
Before heading towards the itinerary, it is really essential to perceive the reason behind choosing the Dayara Bugyal trek.
See firstly, the trekking distance is a total of 24 km on foot and 308 km by taxi which is to be covered into 5 nights 6 days. Yet, it comes under a moderate level of easy to moderate because of the things that this trek has to offers.
No high altitude mountain sickness due to the forthcoming of the forest region and this is the easy level trek
The trail is not that abrupt and sheer as compared to other treks. So, beginners can easily do this trek. And family
You got to see so many heavenly bodies at one place like the panoramic view of the Himalayan ranges, meadows, lakes, pine forests, different variety of flora and fauna surpassing through bona fide Garhwali heritage and culture Gangotri range.
During the winter season, this fascinating Dayara Bugyal remains covered in snow and the white sheet of snow makes it look like a magical wide snow-land.
And, in summers, the valley turns totally different and amusing because of meadows, wildflowers and woods blooming in different colors.
Is it safe trek for me ?
Yes the Dayara bugyal trek is very safe. All our professional strive our best to provide trekkers with the best experience possible.
Daira Bugyal is a very safe trek where you can go without any fear, We keep on doing treks in some family groups every year in which small children up to 5 years of age are taken. No point is difficult in this trek, it is definitely that this trek is uphill and after summit dayara bugyal or bakariya top downhill trek
Best time to visit dayara bugyal trek winter only and summer trek best time only May and June, you get a combination of both greenery and snow, which makes the trek very spectacular. The weather in May and June is quite good and trek friendly, which makes trekking a lot of fun.
During the day the temperature of Dayara bugyal is around Winter temperature is -3°C to -5 °C and during the night the temperature comes down to -5 °C to -15 °C which is not bad.
Dayara bugyal is a very beautiful winter or summer trek and an uphill trek in the uttarakhand Himalayas, The dayara bugyal Trek is great for those people who have a great passion for mountaineering and consider it a special purpose in their life. Despite the fact that the top is relatively low in elevation, we recommend physical endurance and a strong fitness record.
When does snow fall start in Dayara bugyal trek?
In Dayara bugyal trek, especially snow fall time occurs only in December, but sometimes it happens in early November as well, it is seasonal.
By the way, if it rains sometimes even in October, then the Dayara bugyal Summit becomes snowfall, but I do not know much longer.
The snow that falls from 15th December lasts for a long time.
Dayara bugyal trek has the highest snowfall in the months of January and February, which lasts till the last of May, does not melt easily.
What should you keep in mind for the Dayara bugyal trek ?
Dayara bugyal trek is as good as it is said, you also need to be prepared., Dayara bugyal trek is a moderate trek which starts from Barsu Village and ends after trek Raithal Village
So what are the special things to keep in mind before coming on this trek?
Dayara bugyal trek is one such trek, which you can do this trek all 12 months, winter, Summer, or Monsoon, this is very safe trek in Uttarakhand Himalayas
- In Dayara bugyal winter trek , you will need warm clothes a lot, for which you will need proper good uniform clothes
- Winters are always cold, so only warm clothes can keep you safe on trek
- Always take the information from the company with which you are booking the trek before going on the trek, what do we need to bring
- In the winter season, the temperature always drops day by day , so warm clothes will help you a lot.
- Summer trek to Dayara bugyal trek is very special, the view and the temperature are all favorable to you
- For summer trek, you have to bring only normal clothes, so that your trek can be good, there is no need for hot clothes, but in hiking it is also necessary to bring all the equipment which is necessary for you.
- It is necessary to have 3 pairs of clothes from trekking, especially the poncho, you will have to bring every season
- In the summer season, the temperature is always normal, so there is no need for hot clothes.
- During the monsoon season, it rains occasionally during the Dayara bugyal trek especially in the Uttarakhand Himalayas , so if you have dry clothes here, it is very good, even when wet, it dries quickly.
- At this time you have to bring at least 3 pairs of clothes, for monsoon trek you do not have to bring too warm clothes, at this time you, hiking pants and t-Sart, I can trek
- It’s only a little cold in the morning and evening and the day is a good temperature for you
- Before going on any trek, it will be easy for you to take information related to each season.
- Trekkers need to know about these, you can ask us anytime like, Dayara bugyal trek route, trek map, temperature, weather conditions, difficulty level, trek starting point, end point, transport, view of the trek, best time to visit, How to reach Dayara bugyal, trek distance etc, Trek Location, keep this information before going
The altitude we are going to cover per day
Rathil Village – 7,423 ft
Gui camp – 9,750 ft
Dayara Bugyal Altitude – 11,181 ft
Bakaria Top – 12,645 ft
Key Points of Dayara Bugyal Winter trek
Duration: – 03 Nights 04 Days from Dehradun to Dehradun
Base camp: – Trek Start of Raithal village
Summer Temperature: – Day 5°C to 15°C) and Night 2° C to 8° C)
Winter Temperature: – Day -2°C to -5° C) and Night -5°C to -12°C)
Dayara Bugyal Altitude: – 11,181 feet
Best Time: – All year
Dayara bugyal trek Costs – Per Person Rs. 6,500.00 Includes all costs of the trek from Dehradun to Dehradun, this costs only for fixed departures Group,
Trek Level: – Moderate
Trek distance: – On foot 24 Km – By taxi 350 km
Group Size: – minimum 6 peoples and max 20 peoples
My personal belief is that people can do this trek from a minimum age of 8 year to 60 year.
But it is necessary to be fit to do this trek
And you can do this trek in the year; these are the plan for both summer and winter,
For Winter Trek, I think it is necessary for people from age of 10 year to 55 year
This trek will be a relief and joy for the first time visitors. This trek will increase new energy and confidence in you
Short Itinerary of Dayara Bugyal Trek
Day 1- Pick up to you from Dehradun railway station – Drive to Raitha village – 175 Km (7/8 Hours (7,423 feet) overnight stay home stay
Day 2 –Trek from Raithal village to Gui Camp (05 km) (4/5 Hours) (9,884 feet) overnight stay camp
Day 3 – Trek from Gui Camp to Dayara Bugyal summit Exploration Day Bakaria top summit back to camp (12 km) (7/8 Hours) overnight stay camp
Day 4 –Trek from Gui Camp to Raithal Village (5 km) (2/3 Hours) Same day Drive to Dehradun by taxi (175 km) (7/8 Hours)
How to Reach Dayara Bugyal Trek?
First of all, you people have to come to Dehradun
From Dehradun itself, you will go with the Himalayan hikers for this trek.
In Dehradun, you will get our staff that will arrange transport for you. The contact no Transport coordinator or our office team will be give you a week ago to your departure
Train and flight are always available from where you will go to Dehradun uttarakhand
Himalayan Hikers arranged for your transport from Dehradun railway station or Airport
Dehradun to Barsu Route Map
Your Travel Plan for the Dayara Bugyal Trek
If you are traveling from Kolkata, Bangalore, Chennai, Pune, Mumbai or Gujarat any other city, so you will have to come to Delhi, you will get a train from Delhi for Dehradun comfortably.
Option 01:- By Train
All trekkers booked yourself the,
Nanda Devi Express to Dehradun (Train no is 12206 Departure 11:30 pm: – Reached Dehradun 5:45
Dehradun Express- to Dehradun (Train no is 12687 Departure -9:10 pm:- Reached Dehradun 5:00 am
Take both overnight trains Dehradun to from new Delhi- Dehradun Special A/C train from Hazrat Nizamuddin railway station the best option to you. The train reached at Dehradun railway station morning 5:45 to 6:30 am if you Meet to Our office Member – joining to our upcoming batches and Group.
Option 02:- By Air –
Jolly Grant airport is the nearest airport in Dehradun. Located about 27 km for the Dehradun city. There are flights available from all other states to Dehradun, you can go online and book your tickets. These are easy and easy ways for you and you also save your time, Taxis are available from the airport to Dehradun at all time costs Rs. 1000/* one-way pay to directly
Option 03:- By Bus
You can reach Dehradun from Delhi by a bus, board it from (Delhi) ISBT, Kashmiri Gate it is good if you are booked the seats.
(Reach Dehradun Railway Station between 5:00 am to 6:00 am and the vehicle will be arranged from there.)
What is the distance to reach Dayara bugyal from other state ?
- Delhi to dehradun distance by flight -207 Kms) and Dehradun airport to raithal 175 kms by taxi and (barsu to Raithal via Dayara bugyal 24 km on foot )
- Delhi to dehradun distance by train 302 kms ) and Dehradun to barsu 181 kms by taxi and (raithal to Raithal via Dayara bugyal 24 km on foot)
- Delhi to dehradun distance by bus 249 kms) and Dehradun to barsu by taxi 181 kms, and (barsu to Raithal via Dayara bugyal 24 km on foot)
- Bangalore to dehradun distance by air 1924 kms) (By Train – 2371 kms) and Dehradun airport to Barsu 193 km by taxi, and (barsu to Raithal via Dayara bugyal 24 km on foot)
- Mumbai to dehradun distance by air 1344 kms) (By Train – 1724 kms ) and Dehradun to Barsu 181 km by Taxi and (barsu to Raithal via Dayara bugyal 24 km on foot)
- kolkata to dehradun distance by air 1518 kms ( By Train – 1694 km) and Dehradun to Barsu 181 km by taxi and (barsu to Raithal via Dayara bugyal 24 km on foot)
ATM Point and Mobile Connectivity in Dayara Bugyal Trek
Before starting the journey to Dayara bugyal Trek, make sure that you need payments, and then take out the cash on the way, Raithal base camp no bank and ATM., Uttarkashi market is the last place where you can withdraw cash from ATM, (If you want to withdraw money then do it in Dehradun.)
The phone does not work well on it. Therefore, you should ensure that you do not have to make any important calls. Only BSNL, Airtel, Idea, work in Base Camp Raithal, Remember, these networks also sometimes do not work. Because the signal strength is not good. So make sure you finish all your important work and calls before starting the trek. Last Uttarkashi, Bhatwari, your device will receive good networks.
What do we do for safety in Dayara Bugyal trek?
First of all, the safety of trekkers is much more for us, if you see in the trek, then there are all the risks, which I do not think about.
Himalayan Hikers worry more about you that no one should ever have any problem in the trek.
What should we and you keep more safety in the trek
- Whenever you are going for any trek, it is very important that you go completely fit and ready.
- The trek is not difficult, if you make your feet and your mind calm and strong, you will find the trek very easy.
- While trekking, keep in mind that you are walking on the right route or not always with your guide.
- Most people look somewhere and where they are walking, this can cause twitching in your legs, which can ruin your entire trek.
- It is important to ask your doctor if you have any medical problems
- I should always keep my medical kit with me, it is very important.
- Himalayan Hikers always keep a medical kit with you, such as oxygen cylinders, medicine to be given in emergency on the trek
- If any trekkers have any more problems, then they are brought back to the base camp by laying them in the stretcher.
- Our camp in Dayara Bugyal trek is around the tree line where you can not have any problem of oxygen
- In case of any medical problem, the help of your guide or a well-informed trekkers should be taken
- If there is major health problems in Dayara Bugyal, then Nearest Hospital is in Uttarkashi, which is about 45 km away from Dayara Bugyal.