Rupin Pass Trek the most popular trek in the Himalayas
Rupin Pass Trek is a India’s most popular trek Connecting Uttarakhand to Himachal Sangla Village Altitude is 4,650 Meters – 15,260 ft.) , which starts from Dhaula camp in Uttarakhand and ends up at Sangla in Himachal Pradesh crossing Uttarakhand near Kinnaur valley , this route is also used by shepherds. There are different magnificent views and sceneries at every km and at every turn it is a journey full of surprises and thrills.
Rupin pass Trek is an Enthralling valley in the Garhwal Himalayas of Uttarkashi district in Uttarakhand & Himachal Pradesh India, this trek come under Govind Wildlife Sanctuary National park. No doubt, the Himalayas have enchanting beauty, bracing climate, and desirable soothing green meadow. So, what else can be better than spending some days here in the serenity?
A story of Rupin Pass that makes this trek Memorable
The Rupin Pass Trek Pass is a high altitude pass across the Himalayan mountain range in the Indian state of Uttarakhand to Himachal Pradesh. It is situated on a traditional cowboy and hiking trail that starts from Dhaula in Uttarakhand and ends at Sangla in Himachal Pradesh. The path itself is located in most of the uninhabited areas in the Himalayan ranges. In ancient times, people used this route for commuting and trading and also for grazing sheep and goats.
Rupin Pass Trek Campsite is one of the special campsites in the Himalayas today and is surrounded by beautiful snow peaks. The Rupin Pass Valley Trek makes for a spectacular trek in virgin snow, with scenic campsites and surprisingly wide clearings in forests.
Rupin Pass is rated as a moderate-tough trek. You trek an average of 5-6 hours 09 km per day. You have to be well prepared to be able to cover this distance with ease. Terrain is another factor that determines difficulty. The trails are not very well defined in many sections. Climbing and descending on slippery soil, rough and hard snow is a part of the trek. to climb. The steep climb from Upper Falls and Alley to Rupin Pass at 15,260 feet requires very good cardio or lung power. While our Himalayan hikers trek leader and more team help you tackle the difficult slippery sections, you need to be a confident and independent trekker to undertake this trek. Here’s how you can prepare and get fit for the trek.
What is Dhaula base camp in Rupin Pass Trek?
Dhaula is situated near the Rupin River bank. Dhaula is a beautiful camp site. The beauty of this place captivates everyone. Due to the flow of the Rupin River this place looks more beautiful.
It seems that beautiful Mountains are welcoming us. On the way of Dhaula you will see beautiful views like pine forest, rivers, mountains, flora and fauna.
In Dhaula you feel the sunrise over a wide open field, morning rain glistering on forests trees.
After reaching the Dhaula camp site you will enjoy the tea or snacks.
In olden time’s people of Sewa, Jakha, Dodra- Kwar villagers used this route to bring luggage.
Witness the Dynamic sceneries of Rupin Pass
The changing trails and jungle walk would be relieving, this place will give you magnificent views, many unexplored places andview of beautiful Rupin River.
You will go through dense forests to snow glaciers from small water streams to frozen waterfalls and here you can find immense variety of nature which will make you admire and fall in love with it.
Rupin pass trek is a bit difficult but the views are extremely mesmerizing and beautiful.
Explore the spellbinding sights and Kinnauri and Dodra Kwar culture in Rupin Pass
You will see meadows, charming hamlets, snow-covered mountains, exotic fields and big rivers so much of variety in a single trek, and this trek gives you a chance to explore the unexplored places. This place has many species of birds and animals you can have a glance of local culture and lives of the people living there, there is a uniquely positioned village “Jhaka village” which is at the extreme edge of mountain cliff, which offers you a beautiful scenery. There is a multi-floored Kinnaur temple where you can have a glimpse of Kinnauri culture.
Why to choose Rupin Pass Trek
Before heading towards the itinerary, it is really essential to perceive the reason behind choosing Rupin pass trek.
See firstly, the trekking distance is a total of by taxi 109 Km and on foot 64 km which is to be covered into 8 days. . Dehradun to via Dhaula Sewa, jakha to Sangla
Rupin pass trek is a high altitude mountain trek Altitudes is 4650 Meters
The Starting trail is moderate as compare to other treks this is difficult trek. So this trek is not for beginners
Need proper gear & clothing for sub-zero temperature?
You got to see so many heavenly bodies at one place like the panoramic view of the Himalayan ranges, you can see pine forests, different variety of flora and fauna surpassing through bona fide Garhwali and himachali , Kinnauri heritage and culture.
I think Do spare time in Interaction with our local’s team, and you will get to know about some of the ancient tales of Indian mythology and our local cultures, this is good ideas for trekkers
Beautiful landscapes so carry proper photo gear & Extra battery backup.
The backpack should not exceed 10 to 12 kg only
Rupin Pass safe for me ?
Rupin Pass Trek is a safe trek if you are going with a good trekking team which you must know before booking yourself, It is important for you to know that the bow trekking organization with which we are going is right or not,
And if possible, trek with local trekking organization, you can do the same help all the time. then your trek can be very good and memorable
The minimum age required to trek Rupin Pass is 15 years and maximum 55 years. The rest depends on your fitness .
What should you keep in mind for the Rupin Pass trek?
Rupin Pass trek is as good as it is said, you also need to be prepared., Rupin Pass trek is a moderate or Difficult trek which starts from Dhaula Camp and ends after trek Sangla Village
So what are the special things to keep in mind before coming on this trek?
Rupin Pass trek is one such trek, which you can do this trek May to Last week of October, this is very safe trek in Uttarakhand Himalayas
- Summer trek to Rupin Pass trek is very special, the view and the temperature are all favorable to you
- For summer trek, you have to bring only normal clothes, so that your trek can be good, there is no need for hot clothes, but in hiking it is also necessary to bring all the equipment which is necessary for you.
- It is necessary to have 3 pairs of clothes from trekking, especially the poncho, you will have to bring every season
- In the summer season, the temperature is always normal, so there is no need for hot clothes.
- Morning evening and nights are cold in Rupin pass trek, so it is necessary to carry some warm clothes, good jacket, warm thermal, this will help you and stay comfortably in the high altitude camp
- If you don’t do the Rupin Pass trek in monsoon, it would be better if there is a trek here in the monsoon season but the view will be very useful.
- . Before going on Rupin Pass trek, it will be easy for you to take information related to each season.
- Trekkers need to know about these, you can ask us anytime like, Rupin Pass trek route, trek map, temperature, weather condition, difficulty level, trek starting point, end point, transport, view of the trek, best time to visit, How to reach Rupin pass trek, Rupin Pass distance etc, Trek Location, keep this information before going
- Rupin pass is not in winter trek , the right time to do this trek is from 1st week of May to last week of October
- It snows around 6 to 8 feet in the winter season and it can be very risky to go here
- We have special treks for you for winters that are safe and beautiful
Such as – Kedarkantha Trek, Harkidoon Trek, Dayara Bugyal Trek, Kuari Pass Trek, Brahmatal Trek, Dodital Trek, Vijay Top Trek, Nag Tibba Trek and many more.
Altitude we are going to cover in Rupin Pass Trek
Dhaula camp – 5100 ft
Sewa village – 6300 ft
Jiskun/ Jhaka Village – 7700 ft
Udaknal camp – 10,100 ft
Dhanteras Thach camp – 11,700 ft
Upper water fall camp – 13,100 feet
Rupin pass Summit – 15,260 ft – 4650 Meters
Ronti Gad camp – 13,100 ft
Key Points Rupin Pass Trek
Duration: – 7 Nights 8 Days from Dehradun to Sangala Village
Base camp: – Dhaula camp
Summer Temperature:- Day 5°C to 12°C) Night – 2° C to – 5° C
Rupin pass Altitude: – 4650 Meters
Best Time: – May, June, September, October
Trek Level: – Moderate or Difficult
Trek distance: – On foot 62 Km – By taxi 209 km
Group Size: – minimum 5 people maximum 15 people
Short Itinerary Rupin pass Trek
Day 1:Pickup to you from Dehradun railway station drive to Dhaula camp (209 km) (8/9 Hours) (5,100) feet)
Day 2:Trek from Dhaula camp to Sewa village (08 km) (5/6 Hours) (6,300 feet)
Day 3:Trek from Sewa village to Jiskun / Jhaka village (09 km) (5/6 Hours) (7,700 feet)
Day 4:Trek from Jhaka village to Udaknal camp (10 km) (6/7 Hours) (10,100 feet)
Day 5:Trek from Udaknal camp to Dhandaras thatch camp (8 km) (4/5 Hours) (11,700 feet) hours)
Day 6:Trek from Dhandaras thatch to Upper waterfall camp (4 km) (2/3 Hours) ((13,100 feet)
Day 7: Trek from Upper waterfall camp to Rupin Pass summit (15,260 feet) via Rati Pheri and Ronti Gad (13,100 feet) (13 Km) (10-11hours)
Day 8: Trek Ronti Gad camp to Sangla road head (11 km) (5/6 Hours) (8,600 feet) via Sangla Kanda
Best Time to Do Rupin Pass Trek
Rupin Pass is a very beautiful and an uphill trek in the Himalayas, The Rupin Pass Trek is great for those people who have a great passion for mountaineering and consider it a special purpose in their life.
We are the local people who are doing this trek for years, we have every experience related to this trek.
The right time to do this trek is from 5th May to the last of June and then from the last of August to the last month of October.
specially in the months of May and June, snow is found in abundance here, which makes your trek very memorable and also a little difficult. So this trek should not be considered too easy
Rupin Pass trek in May or June
Rupin Pass Trek Month in May and June gives a slightly different experience to Trekkers because in May you start getting snow after Jhaka Village.
The Rupin Pass trek starts from Dhaula and its end point is Sangal Village.
Rupin pass trek starts from Dhaula in Uttarakhand which comes in Rupin range and end this trek ends at Sangla village which comes in Himachal Pardesh
In May and June, you get a combination of both greenery and snow, which makes the trek very spectacular. The weather in May and June is quite good and trek friendly, which makes trekking a lot of fun.
During the day the temperature of Rupin Pass is around ( 5°C to 10 °C and during the night the temperature comes down to -1 °C to -5 °C which is not bad.
Views and treks in Rupin Pass provide a lot of peace to the mind during the day, while you wake up from one wake to another, Rupin Pass can always be one of the most close treks in your heart.
You will never consider yourself boring in Rupin Pass Trek, this trek can give you nothing but joy, You will get to see the culture and beauty of two beautiful states in this trek which will always keep you connected towards the mountain.
Rupin Pass trek in September or October
Rupin pass is a little different in the months of September and October, this is because you will not find snow here in these months.
But the beauty of the trek will not be lacking, the trek and nature adorn themselves with time and in different colors. Month of September and October are very good days to trek, at this time total greenery and at the end of October sometimes you can get to see live snow fall.
During the day the temperature of Rupin Pass is around Day time 8°C to 18 °C and during the night the temperature comes down to 5 °C to – 1 °C which is very confirmable,
At this time the weather here will be very good for you , At this time it is even safe to trek here and there is no rain.
How Difficult is Rupin Pass ?
Rupin pass trek is not very difficult and not easy either, this trek comes in a moderate and difficult level, I myself have done this trek sometimes with me, people who are trekking for the first time, we have done the entire trek, they used to need help somewhere, which we and our team used to help.
This trek is a bit difficult, but if your fitness is good and you have it in your mind that I want to trek then you can do it absolutely. Where help is needed, our guides will support you, you just have to be strong and capable of the trek. One thing is that all you can do is to have courage and I myself am passionate.
How to Reach Rupin Pass Trek
- For Rupin Pass trek, you have to come to Dehradun before arriving home by flight or train.
- Dehradun is the capital of the state of Uttarakhand, which is a beautiful city. The easiest way to reach Dehradun is by flights and then by train which will take you directly to Dehradun.
- Dehradun is our head office where you will be a member of our team who will keep taxi ready for you
- From Dehradun you have to come by taxi to Dhaula Base Camp, And from Dehradun it will take you about 8 to 9 hours to reach Dhaula base Camp
- From Dehradun, you will get to see some small markets via Mussoorie and on the way. You will stop for breakfast in Mussoorie after that continue your onward journey, Purola is a small market where you will stop for lunch of the day
- For evening snacks 4:30 Pm. you will reach Dhaula Camp where Team Himalayan Hikers will be ready to welcome you.
What do we do for safety in Rupin Pass trek?
First of all, the safety of trekkers is much more for us, if you see in the trek, then there are all the risks, which I do not think about.
Himalayan Hikers worry more about you that no one should ever have any problem in the trek.
What should we and you keep more safety in the trek
- Whenever you are going for any trek, it is very important that you go completely fit and ready.
- The trek is difficult, if you make your feet and your mind calm and strong, you will find the trek very easy.
- While trekking, keep in mind that you are walking on the right route or not always with your guide.
- Most people look somewhere and where they are walking, this can cause twitching in your legs, which can ruin your entire trek.
- It is important to ask your doctor if you have any medical problems
- I should always keep my medical kit with me, it is very important.
- Himalayan Hikers always keep a medical kit with you, such as oxygen cylinders, medicine to be given in emergency on the trek
- If any trekkers have any more problems, then they are brought back to the base camp by laying them in the stretcher.
- Our camp in Rupin pass trek is around the 6000ft to 13000 ft where you can not have any problem of oxygen
- In case of any medical problem, the help of your guide or a well-informed trekkers should be taken
- If there is major health problems in Rupin pass trek, then Nearest Hospital is in Mori which is about 45 Kms away from Rupin pass trek . and and Main hospital is Dehradun 234 Kms away
- Remember that when we go on any trek, we go from low altitude to high altitude, it does not cause much problem on us.
- Our camps also move forward day by day and our bodies also work with the altitudes that are safe for trekkers
- Along with the trek we keep getting acclimatization