Kyarkoti Harsil Trek in Uttarakhand Himalayas
Kyarkoti Harsil Trek is an amazing trek route we have discovered this trek in Harsil Valley in the Himalayas, Uttarkashi Uttarakhand.
One of the least explored destinations, Harsil valley has a number of surprising meadows, lake snow-covered mountain and mesmerizing scenic views, it is a heaven in itself.
Kyarkoti Lake Trek is a beautiful and very wonderful trek route, which is about 16 kilometers from Harsil. Attracts, Harsil valley track is an important trek route, people also go to Lamkhaga pass through this truck route. Which is considered to be one of the oldest trek route Harsil Trek approx from Dehradun to Dehradun it takes 6 nights and 7 days this track is a moderate trek whose height is 3480 meters this track is very easy for family and school and first timer trekker. There is a beautiful track, here the beautiful Bugyal Ghatiya river drains and beautiful flowers keep attracting them.Harsil, a small town that is a tourist attraction. The trail is steep from the start but the variety of landscapes is rewarding. It is not suggested for beginners because of its tough gradient but turns great for experienced trekkers and mountaineers.
The local people can also offer the opportunity to take large flocks of sheep to the grasslands for grazing. Most of them belong to name of Bagori village which is famous for woolen clothes. Stunning views of certain mountain ranges such as Mount Shrikant and many unnamed peaks will fill your heart from here are awesome.
About “Harsil” the base camp of Kyarkoti Harsil Trek
Harsil is a picturesque town located on the banks of River Bhagirathi en route to Gangotri. It is a hidden gem in the Himalayas offering a tranquil environment and is best for people in search of tranquility. This small hamlet has become famous because of its natural beauty which highlights this area.
The dense Deodar forests, gushing Bhagirathi River, chirping of birds, high standing peaks makes this place perfect among nature lovers and trekking enthusiasts. Two high altitude Himalayan Treks start from Harsil and Lamkhaga Pass and Dhumdar Kandi Pass and Kyarkoti Lake trek.
Why choose Kyarkoti Harsil Trek?
- Before heading towards the itinerary, it is really essential to perceive the reason behind choosing kyarkoti Trek trek.
- See firstly, the trekking distance is a total of by taxi 462 Km and on foot 35 km which is to be covered into 07 days. From Dehradun to Dehradun
- Kyarkoti trek is a low altitude mountain trek Altitudes is 3480 m
- The Starting trail is moderate as compare to other treks this is easy and moderate trek. So this is best option for first time trekkers, family, School
- Need proper gear & clothing for sub-zero temperature?
- You got to see so many heavenly bodies at one place like the panoramic view of the Himalayan ranges, you can see pine forests, different variety of flora and fauna surpassing through bona fide Garhwali heritage and culture.
- Beautiful landscapes so carry proper photo gear & Extra battery backup.
- The backpack should not exceed 12 kg only.
How Difficult is Kyarkoti Harsil Trek ?
Kyarkoti Harsil trek is not difficult and not easy either, this trek comes in a moderate level,
This trek is a bit moderate, but if your fitness is good and you have it in your mind that I want to trek then you can do it absolutely. Where help is needed, our guides will support you, you just have to be strong and capable of the trek. One thing is that all you can do is to have courage and I myself am passionate.
Key Points of Kyarkoti Harsil Valley Trek
- Duration: – 6 Nights 7 Days – from Dehradun to Dehradun
- Base camp: – Harsil Village
- Summer Temperature: – Day ( 5°C to 15°C) Night (3° C to 6° C)
- Altitude: – 3480 Meter
- Best Time: – May, June, September, October
- Trek Level: – Moderate
- Trek distance: – On foot 35 Km – By taxi 462 km
Short Itinerary of Kyarkoti Harsil Trek
Day 1:- Pick up to you from Dehradun railway station 6:30 am – Drive to Harsil – 231 km)( 8/9 Hours) (2620 m ) overnight stay Hotel
Day 2 :– Trek from Harsil to Lowar Kyarkoti Camp (08 km) (5/6 Hours) (3000 m ) overnight stay Camp
Day 3 :– Trek from Lowar kyarkoti camp to Upper Kyarkoti (07 km) (4/5 Hours) (3480 m) overnight stay Camp
Day 4- Rest Day and Exploration Kyaroti Lake and Lamkhaga Pass Trail back to Camp overnight stay Cmap
Day 5- Trek from upper Kyarkoti to Lowar kyarkoti Camp (07 km) (3/4 Hours) overnight stay Camp
Day 6- Trek from Lowar kyarkoti Camp to Harsil (8km) (4/5 Hours) overnight stay Hotel
Day 7- Drive from Harsil to Dehradun 231 km (8/9 Hours)