Dharansi Pass Trek at a height of 4915m in the Garhwal Himalayas of Uttarakhand state allows trekkers a close to heaven ride of Nanda Devi National Park. Because of its restrictions, this pass is truly one of the “roads less travelled.” Its magnificent trails, surrounded by the alluring Himalayas, are a sight for trekkers long to see, but only a few are fortunate enough to do so. The authorities at Nanda Devi National Park only allow a limited number of visitors each year, so being one of the chosen members is a privilege in and of itself.
The spectacular views of the many peaks in the central Himalayas such as Dunagiri, Devistna, Hanuman, Nanda Ghunti, Bethartoli, Ronti, Chaukhamba, Barmal and Haathi Ghori are just the tip of the iceberg of what this trek offers. As far as hiking goes, this is a trip to the stars. Nanda Devi National Park home to Himalayan Black Bears, spotted Leopards and the mysterious Snow Leopard amassed in spectacular flora are some of the other major highlights of this trek.
- Experience the majestic views and local legends of these spectacular snow capped peaks.
- Get a chance to explore the wild and exotic vegetation of central Himalayas.
- Challenge yourself to explore the thrill of unknown
- Enthralling view of golden peaks during the sunset and sunrise
Characteristics of Dharansi Pass Trek
|Duration||7 Nights 8 Days from Dehradun/Rishikesh to Dehradun/Rishikesh|
(please keep a day or two spare for the schedule considering, acclimatization and weather conditions)
|Terrain Type||Forest, Rocky|
|Trek Weather||Generally moderate but is subjected to changes anytime.|
|Best Time:||May, June, September, October|
|Trek Level:||Moderate to Difficult|
Some of the Trek highlights of Dharansi Pass Trek
The trek to Dharansi officially begins in Joshimath, a town well-known for its cultural significance. Joshimath, also known as Jyotirmath, is a popular starting point for many Himalayan treks and is close to the pilgrimage site of ‘Badrinath’. Jyotirmath is thought to be one of the four cardinal institutions founded by the great Hindu philosopher Shri Adi Shankaracharya. Trekkers enjoy the leisure of learning many different cultural aspects of this city due to its high cultural significance.
Trekkers continuing on from Joshimath will eventually reach Lata village before progressing on to Lata Kharak and then to Dharansi Pass. Lata Kharak will provide an incredible view of various Himalayan peaks such as Nanda Ghuni, Dronagiri, Ranthi Peak, and many more. The ridge location of Malthuni Bethertholi will be the final point separating the inner and outer parts of Nanda Devi Sanctuary, after which trekkers will dispatch for a descent on their way back.
Things to Look out for-
- The trek is certain to provide unrivalled feelings of accomplishment.
- Various villages with numerous holy sites are almost certain to keep trekkers wanting to learn more.
- Explore the enthralling forest of rhododendrons, birch, and raga.
- The morning mountains, snow-covered, with golden rays of dawn adorning their peaks, are worth every step of this journey.
The altitude covered in Dharansi Pass trek
- Dehradun/Rishikesh to Joshimath -640m-187m.
- Lata village- 2370m
- Bhelta- 2850m
- Lata Karak- 3800m
- Dharansi Pass Camp- 4300m.
- Debrugheta- 3600m
- Hitoli to Surai Thotha-
Best Time to Visit Dharansi Pass Trek
Both the ascent and the descent of Dharansi Pass are moderately challenging. The best time to hike these paths is from May to October. Temperatures typically range from 12 to 20 degrees Celsius, with sub-zero temperatures in the winter.
Summers have generally mild weather with little to no precipitation, whereas monsoons have moderate to heavy rainfall.
1)Is it safe
4)Things to carry
5)Connectivity and transaction
6)includes and excludes
7)How to reach
8) Short Itinerary
Is it safe
Set amidst the high altitude ranges, concerns regarding Dharansi Pass trek safety are indeed very valid questions. We have all the possible probabilities calculated if anything goes off the schedule.
At every stop point of the journey, trekkers will be going through a proper guided session informing them about the upcoming terrains. All our professionals strive their best to provide trekkers with the best experience possible.
Difficulty level in Dharansi Pass Trek
Because the top is relatively high in elevation, we recommend a reasonable level of physical fitness. We strongly advise trekkers to be physically and mentally prepared for the upcoming rocky terrain that this trek provides. Throughout the course, all groups will be guided by our experts for trekking equipment and any impending terrain.
Weather conditions in Dharansi Pass Trek
Weather conditions depend on the time of the year trekkers are travelling. Months from May to October experience moderate temperatures during the day with substantially colder nights.
Things to carry in Dharansi Pass Trek
1) Because nights at elevations tend to be considerably colder, we suggest having well-graded, warm and comfortable clothing along with good quality shoes.
2) Despite the fact that we handle medical crises, we urge individuals to keep their emergency kits at hand in any case of personal underlying illnesses.
3) Since the journey provides you with a picturesque view of many peaks, don’t forget to bring your camera along with extra batteries.
4) Our staff will consult with fellow trekkers about their luggage and, if lacking, will assist trekkers in obtaining any necessary equipment. Only the relevant luggage should be brought, as a result.
Other trekking Essentials-
Connectivity and Transactions
1) Because connectivity along the route is unpredictable, we urge people to do all of their work ahead of time.
2) Trekkers will be provided with walkie- talkies beforehand in case of emergency
3) Last ATM transactions available will be at Joshimath but we recommend travelers to collect cash beforehand or while in Dehradun/Rishikesh as ATMs available at other places might not dispense cash at times.
How to Reach in Dharansi Pass Trek
If you are travelling from any metropolitan city in India or from outside India, getting to the capital city of Delhi may be the first and most important step. All major modes of transportation, such as air, road, and rail, can take you to Delhi.
Dehradun/Rishikesh is connected to all major cities in India via all major modes of transportation. Trekkers could perhaps conduct extensive research for their direct mode of transportation to ensure a much smoother arrival.
How to reach Dehradun/Rishikesh/Rishikesh from Delhi
By air– Jolly Grant Airport Dehradun is the nearest airport to Joshimath situated at a distance of 272 kms. It is well connected to Delhi and many chief cities with daily flights.
By road-Delhi has no direct road routes to Joshimath. To reach Joshimath via road all the way from Delhi would include frequent stops. Trekkers will have to book either a bus or private cabs. Prior booking for cabs and buses are easily available at various sites.
- Delhi> Dehradun/Rishikesh>Joshimath (via Rishikesh)
- Delhi> Dehradun/Rishikesh/Rishikesh>Auli>Joshimath (via Auli-Joshimath ropeway)
By railway– Nearest Railway station to Joshimath will be Rishikesh Railway station. Since Rishikesh is connected to all major railway routes, trekkers can opt for a direct route or via Delhi.
Some important points to note-
- We highly recommend trekkers to reach out to our teams for any queries. You can drop an email or call us for an initial guided session.
- Our teams will be collecting trekkers at fixed points of airports, railway stations and bus stands.
- It is recommended that unless any delay arrives, trekkers are advised to reach the destinations at least 2 hours prior.
Short itinerary of Dharansi Pass Trek
Note: – Our service will remain from Dehradun/Rishikesh to Dehradun/Rishikesh – for more details please check includes or excludes
|Day 1||Drive from Dehradun/Rishikesh to Joshimath|
|Day 2||Joshimath to Lata Village|
|Day 3||Lata Village to Lata Kharak|
|Day 4||Lata Kharak to Dharansi Pass camp|
|Day 5||Dharansi Pass Camp to Debrugheta and back to Dharansi Pass camp|
|Day 6||Dharansi Pass camp to Hitoli|
|Day 7||Hitoli to surai Thotha and then back to Joshimath|
|Day 8||Joshimath to Rishikesh and then back to Dehradun/Rishikesh|
Things Himalayan Hikers Recommend
As previously stated, a camera, as well as spare batteries and memory cards, are recommended. We can assure and guarantee that you will be stopping frequently along the trail to observe the grandeur of the trekking experience.
We strongly recommend trekkers to prepare beforehand for the journey ahead. Regular practicing physical fitness and mental endurance will surely assist trekkers in great time.
After the trek, we strongly encourage trekkers to tag us on social media when they post any memories from the trip; this will not only prove invaluable to us with our work, but will also serve as a motivational example for all of our experts.
Why you should choose us
We’re here to give you the greatest experience possible through the eyes of highly skilled and qualified specialists who have a passion for adventure sports. We are community members attempting to promote our favorite adventure sports while also supporting local businesses. We, at Himalayan hikers, dedicate ourselves to providing you with an unforgettable experience.