Kheerganga Trek Nestled In Parvati Valley in Himachal
Kheerganga Trek is a most popular trek in himachali altitude (3500 meter) a magnificent place lying in Parvati valley of Himachal Pradesh at the end of Sylvan Hills. It is famous for hot water springs which are believed to be therapeutic and is of great significance for the Hindus and Sikhs.
On this amazing trek go through some fable destinations – Kasol, Rudra Nag Waterfalls and Shiva temple in the Great Himalayas.
Kheerganga trek provides trekkers with a fortune of treasured memories. The location is well-known for its hot water springs and a breathtaking view of the valley, which draws visitors from all over the country to Himachal Pradesh.
The name Kheerganga is derived from a legend that states the Keerganga springs were once filled with rice puddings provided by Lord Shiva. Kheerganga’s history is rich and has profound religious significance both to Hindus and Sikh’s. According to a popular local folklore, after losing the great race against Lord Ganesha, Lord Kartikey decided to seclude himself and meditate in these hills. Thousands of years passed, but all attempts to reach Lord Kartikey failed, so Lord Shiva decided to take on the task himself, forming a stream of kheer (rice pudding) to bring Lord Kartikey back. This trek offers a great opportunity to explore the local people and their cuisines. The camping site of this trek provides a majestic view of the great snowcapped peaks. While trekking amidst Barshini, trekkers can witness the beautiful the Parvati River that gorges from Barshaini and also flows adjacent to the village.
Why Is This Place Called Kheerganga Trek?
It is believed that after losing race to Ganesha Lord Shiva’s son “Kartikeya” came here and meditated for thousands of year. Then to bring him back, Lord Shiva tried to tempt Kartikeya by forming a stream of Kheer (rice pudding).
The journey from Kasol to Kheerganga is a pleasing one that gives you a chance to go through the splendid Himalayan trails and also the lifestyle and culture of people living in villages. The Kheerganga trek starts from Kasol which is a famous tourist destination in Pin Parvati valley. Ahead it gives you the opportunity to explore nature at its best with the views of lofty peaks looming in the background.
Why kheerganga trek should be your this years summer trek?
Kheerganga is a low-altitude mountain brimming with scenic vistas and local legends. Owning to its easy trekking level, this trek is a popular and ideal choice for many families, individuals and school tours.TheKheerganga trek starts in Kasol, a well-known tourist destination in the Pin Parvati valley. Trekkers will be able to explore nature at its best, with views of lofty peaks looming in the background.
The trail takes individuals through the picturesque villages of Nakhtan and Rudra Nag, which are also the ideal resting and discovering spots. Trekkers can learn about the local people and culture of Himachal Pradesh through these stopping points. The terrain remains a gentle incline and decline through its trail. As soon as trekkers arrive in Kheerganga, they can go straight to the ParvatiKund, or natural hot water springs, which are particularly appealing in the winter.
Summers in this trail are generally filled with greenry, whereas winters experience a gradual drop in temperature allowing nearby places to get completely covered under a blanket of snow. Trekker’s can extend their experience by visiting some nearby locations of Tosh and Malan.
Why to choose Kheerganga Trek?
Before heading towards the itinerary, it is really essential to perceive the reason behind choosing Kheerganga trek.
See firstly, the trekking distance is a total on foot 10 km which is to be covered into 2 days.
Kheerganga trek is a low altitude mountain trek in himachal, Altitudes is 3500 Meters
The Starting trail is easy as compare to other treks this is easy trek. So this trek is best for family and beginners, school tour , weekend trek
You got to see so many heavenly bodies at one place like the panoramic view of the Himalayan ranges, you can see pine forests, different variety of flora and fauna surpassing through bona fide Himachali culture.
I think Do spare time in Interaction with our local’s team, and you will get to know about some of the ancient tales of Indian mythology and our local cultures, this is good ideas for trekkers
Beautiful landscapes so carry proper photo gear & Extra battery backup.
The backpack should not exceed 6 kg only
The altitude covered in Kheerganga trek
Barshaini- 2000 m
Rudra Nag-2700 m
Best Time to Visit Kheerganga Trek
Kheerganga is a journey that can be done at any time of year, but the summers are regarded as peak season, attracting a significant number of visitors from all around the country. This trek is the first choice of those seeking for a simple and doable summer trek.
The monsoon season is widely regarded as the most unfavourable season of the year. Due to the obvious dreary weather and the possibility of landslides, the site is highly unpredictable, and trekkers should avoid visiting during the rainy season. Winters are generally covered in snow from December to February; trekking conditions during these months are not promising, hence winter treks should be avoided.
In March, April, May, and June, visitors can see beautiful trails and green forests with flowing streams. Hikers should definitely attend the summer fairs and music festivals that take place during this time of year because they are an adventure in and of themselves. The views of many snowcapped peaks from the endpoint might also assist trekkers in bookmarking their new adventure.
What should you keep in mind for the kheerganga trek?
kheerganga trek is as good as it is said, you also need to be prepared., kheerganga trek is a Easy or moderate trek which starts from Kasol village and ends after trek same point Kasol ,
So what are the special things to keep in mind before coming on this trek?
kheerganga trek is one such trek, which you can trek all 12 months
- In kheerganga Winter Trek, you will need warm clothes a lot, for which you will need proper good uniform clothes
- Winters are always cold, so only warm clothes can keep you safe on trek
- Always take the information from the company with which you are booking the trek before going on the trek, what do we need to bring
- In the winter season, the temperature always drops day by day , so warm clothes will help you a lot.
- Summer trek to kheerganga trek is very special, the view and the temperature are all favorable to you
- For summer trek, you have to bring only normal clothes, so that your trek can be good, there is no need for hot clothes, but in hiking it is also necessary to bring all the equipment which is necessary for you.
- It is necessary to have 2 pairs of clothes from trekking, especially the poncho, you will have to bring every season
- In the summer season, the temperature is always normal, so there is no need for hot clothes.
- During the monsoon season, it rains occasionally during the kheerganga trek, especially in the Himachal , so if you have dry clothes here, it is very good, even when wet, it dries quickly.
- At this time you have to bring at least 2 pairs of clothes, for monsoon trek you do not have to bring too warm clothes, at this time you, hiking pants and t-Sart, I can trek
- It’s only a little cold in the morning and evening and the day is a good temperature for you
- Before going on any trek, it will be easy for you to take information related to each season.
- Trekkers need to know about these, you can ask us anytime like, kheerganga trek route, trek map, temperature, weather condition, difficulty level, trek starting point, end point, transport, view of the trek, best time to visit, How to reach, trek distance etc, Trek Location, keep this information before going
Key Points of Kheerganga Trek
Duration: 2 Days from Kasol to Kasol
Best Season: – all years
Highest Point: (3500 Meters)
Trekking distance – 12 km)
Weather: Nights are cold and days are pleasant during the season.
Winter temperature: -3°C to -5°C) (-5°C to -10°C)
Summer temperature: 5°C to 12°C)
Starting Point: Kasol
Short Itinerary of Kheerganga trek
Day 1 – Trek from Kasol to Barshaini – Rudra Nag and Kheerganga overnight stay camp
Day 2 – Return from Kheerganga – Rudra Nag – Barshaini to Kasol
Is it safe?
Set amidst the popular destinations, Kheerganga trek is indeed very safe. All our professional strive their best to provide trekkers with the best experience possible.
Despite the fact that the top is relatively low in elevation, we recommend regulated physical fitness. All groups will be guided by our pros for trekking equipment and any impending terrain during the course.
We strongly urge beginner trekkers to attempt the Kheerganga due to its modest difficulty.
The weather conditions depend on the time of the year trekkers are travelling. Months from March to June experience moderately good temperatures during the day with substantially colder nights.
Monsoons remain cascaded under heavy rainfall while winters offer snow-covered tracks.
During the day the temperature of Kheerganga trek is around Winter temperature is -3°C to -5 °C and during the night the temperature comes down to -5 °C to -15 °C which is not bad.
Things to carry
1) Because nights at elevations tend to be considerably colder, we suggest having well-graded, warm and comfortable clothing along with good quality shoes.
2) Despite the fact that we handle medical crises, we urge individuals to keep their emergency kits at hand in any case of personal underlying illnesses.
3) Since the journey provides you with a picturesque view, don’t forget to bring your camera along with extra batteries.
4) All the trekking gears will be provided by our teams, hence we recommend carrying only the important luggage with essentials.
Connectivity and Transactions
1) Because connectivity along the route is unpredictable, we urge people to do all of their work ahead of time.
2) Trekkers will be provided with walkie- talkies beforehand in case of emergency.
3) The last ATM transactions available will be at Kasol, but we recommend that travellers collect cash beforehand or while in Kasol as the ATM available at other places might not dispense cash at times.
How to Reach Kasol for Kheerganga Trek ?
Kasol is a small village in the Kullu district of Himachal Pradesh, situated in the Parvati valley, on the way from Bhuntar airport to Manikaran, on the banks of the Parvati river. which is a very popular place
Kasol Village With tourists coming from all corners of the country and the world, Kasol has been a personal favorite of hundreds of trekkers and hipsters. If you are planning a trekking trip from Kasol, then you must definitely know how to reach Kasol. Reaching Kasol Village is not a problem, it is very easy as it enjoys excellent connectivity with many neighboring states through various modes of transport.
Air travel details
The nearest airport to Kasol Village is Kullu Manali Airport which is also known as Bhuntar Airport in Kullu District. Daily flights connect the airport with the capital of the country, Delhi. Delhi is the only airport for you here, from where there is a direct flight, Kasol is just 31 km from Bhuntar airport, from where you can come comfortably by taxi and it will take you about 1 hour to reach Kasol. . Looking for Delhi to Kasol flight? For tourists coming from other countries, you can take a flight to Delhi’s Indira Gandhi International Airport. From there, you can either opt for Bus, Cab 531 kms with a journey of 10 hrs) or you can take another flight from Indira Gandhi International Airport to Bhuntar
How to reach by road?
Kasol village can be reached through excellent road facility. Yes it does take time but it is also very good NH-3 is the main road leading to Manali city and this village. A road trip should be as pleasant and enjoyable as that of Kasol. You can opt for self-drive to reach Kasol Village, or hire a taxi. Provides Aadhaar for people coming from Delhi and Chandigarh from long distances. There are many agencies that give you vehicles on rent for Kasol Village and which you can find in Delhi and Chandigarh. In addition, there are daily buses from Kashmere Gate ISBT in Delhi to Kasol. You can also come here and book Volvo special buses, most of which are semi-sleeper, which cost around Rs.900 to Rs.1500 per seat. There are. This journey takes approximately 11 to 12 hours to reach Kasol Village.
By Road – Delhi to Kasol Distance is – 531 kms
By Road – chandigarh to kasol distance is – 271 kms
By Road – Amritsar to kasol distance is – 378 kms
By Road – Shimla to kasol distance is – 229 kms
By Road – Haryana to kasol distance is – 521 kms
Great trek experience! It was not as easy as most tour operators make it seem. It’s a 5 hr trek through treacherous winding roads overlooking deep valleys (safe if you are prepared definitely not so for kids/ adults under any stress) Come prepared with energy bars and juices to keep hydrated. The views on route are stunning! Wouldn’t recommend coming down the same day because of the physical excersion involved!