Tarsar Marsar Trek, the Prettiest Lakes in Kashmir -INDIA
Tarsar Marsar Trek lies in the fascinating beauty of Kashmir which is well known across the globe. Therefore, on Tarsar Marsar Trek go deep in the heart of Kashmir and get totally different experiences of Trekking in India.
During the trek, get a chance to camp beside the serene bluish alpine lakes. And, all the way to Tarsar get multiple sights of the same Lake.
On the other hand, is Marsar which remains hidden under a sheet of clouds. Witness its splendor from an overhang lying below 600-700 feet. But, the lake can only be seen until the clouds are clear. So, certainly, Tarsar Marsar is the prettiest Lakes in India.
The trail hides in a thick blanket of snow and green valley. The lush verdant forests turn white making it a small wonderland! The Tarsar Marsar trek is not only for experienced trekkers but for amateurs and children too family, school groups
The Astounding Campsites in Tarsar Marsar Trek
The first highlight of this trek is camping beside snow-fed alpine lakes which is the most important and best part of this trek. In addition, witness the changing colors of the lakes as the sun shines upon them. Do not miss the spellbinding sunset and sunrise views over the Lake at Tarsar and Sundersar campsites.
Moreover, explore the amazing clearings lying after the dense coniferous forests and spot few Gujjar huts on the way.
Best Time to Do Tarsar marsar Trek
Tarsar marsar trek is a very beautiful and an moderate trek in the Kashmir valley , The Tarsar marsar Trek is great for those people who have a great passion for mountaineering. Hills and consider it a special purpose in their life.
We are are doing this trek for years, we have every experience related to this trek. The right time to do this trek is from 5th june to the last of September, specially in the months of June, green and coluerfull bugyal meadows, snow is found in abundance here, which makes your trek very memorable
During the day the temperature of tarsar marsar trek is around ( 05°C to 15 °C and during the night the temperature comes down to 03 °C to 05 °C which is not bad.
You will never consider yourself boring in tarsar marsar Trek, this trek can give you nothing but joy, You will get to see the culture and beauty of Kashmir valley in this trek which will always keep you connected towards the mountain.
Aru Base camp & Exotic Grasslands in Tarsar Marsar Trek
Aru is the base camp of Tarsar Marsar trek, it is a small idyllic village surrounded by lavish grasslands. The village is famous because of some cottages, poplar trees and a rivulet flowing through this village’s heart.
The Aru villagers so heartily welcome trekkers that they surely come again to do another trek. The nature of Kashmir – meadows, rivers, streams, birds, animals and flowers everything is attracting people to visit it. Really, Jammu and Kashmir valley is no less than a paradise which is also known as Taj of India
Before, Sundersar campsite, pass through wide Jagmargi grasslands. Therefore, get amazed by its pulchritude because the wide grasslands are surrounded by mountains and a small rivulet flows through the pristine valley blooming with the colorful flowers in yellow, blue and pink shades.
How Difficult is Tarsar marsar trek ?
tarsar marsar trek is not very difficult and not easy either, this trek comes in a moderate level,
This trek is a bit moderate , but if your fitness is good and you have it in your mind that I want to trek then you can do it absolutely. Where help is needed, our guides will support you, you just have to be strong and capable of the trek. One thing is that all you can do is to have courage and I myself am passionate.
Tarsar marsar trek safe for me ?
Yes Tarsar marsar Trek is a safe trek if you are going with a good trekking team which you must know before booking yourself, It is important for you to know that the bow trekking organization with which we are going is right or not,
And if possible, trek with local trekking organization, you can do the same help all the time. then your trek can be very good and memorable
The minimum age required to trek Tarsar marsar trek is 10 years and maximum 55 years. The rest depends on your fitness .
Why to choose Tarsar Marsar Trek?
Before heading towards the itinerary, it is really essential to perceive the reason behind choosing Tarsar Marsar Trek.
See firstly, the trekking distance is a total of by taxi 224 Km and on foot 48 km which is to be covered into 6 nights 7 days. From Srinagar to Srinagar
Tarsar Marsar Trek is a low altitude mountain trek Altitudes is 13205 feet
The Starting trail is easy to moderate as compared to other treks this is a Moderate trek. So this trek is best for family and beginners, school tour
Need proper gear & clothing for sub-zero temperature?
You got to see so many heavenly bodies at one place like the panoramic view of the Himalayan ranges, you can see pine forests, different variety of flora and fauna surpassing through bona fide Kashmir culture.
I think Do spare time in Interaction with our local’s team, and you will get to know about some of the ancient tales of Indian mythology and our local cultures, this is good ideas for trekkers
Beautiful landscapes so carry proper photo gear & Extra battery backup.
The backpack should not exceed 12 kg only
Trekker carry your Photo ID, Adhar Card, Passport, Visa, for entry at forest check posts on the trek it is very important
What should you keep in mind for the July, Aug, Sep, Season trek to Tarsar Marsar Trek?
Tarsar Marsar Trek is as good as it is said, you also need to be prepared., Tarsar Marsar Trek is a moderate trek which starts from Srinagar and ends after trek same point ,
So what are the special things to keep in mind before coming on this trek?
- Summer trek to Tarsar Marsar Trek is very special, the view and the temperature are all favorable to you
- For summer trek, you have to bring only normal clothes, so that your trek can be good, there is no need for hot clothes, but in hiking it is also necessary to bring all the equipment which is necessary for you.
- It is necessary to have 3 pairs of clothes from trekking, especially the poncho, you will have to bring every season
- In the summer season, the temperature is always normal, so there is no need for hot clothes.
- During the monsoon season, it rains occasionally during the Tarsar marsar Trek, especially in the Kashmir valley, so if you have dry clothes here, it is very good, even when wet, it dries quickly.
- At this time you have to bring at least 3 pairs of clothes, for monsoon trek you do not have to bring too warm clothes, at this time you, hiking pants and t-Sart, I can trek
- It’s only a little cold in the morning and evening and the day is a good temperature for you
- Before going on any trek, it will be easy for you to take information related to each season.
- Trekkers need to know about these, you can ask us anytime like, trek route, trek map, temperature, weather condition, difficulty level, trek starting point, end point, transport, view of the trek, best time to visit, How to reach, trek distance etc, Trek Location, keep this information before going
Altitude we are going to cover in Tarsar Marsar Trek
Aru Village – 7958 feet)
Lidderwat – 9136 feet)
Shekwas camp -11089 feet)
Tarsar Lake – 12500 feet)
Marsar Lake – 11500 feet)
Key Points of Tarsar Marsar Trek
Duration: – 06 Nights 07 Days
Base camp: – Aru Village
Monsoon Temperature: – Day (5°C to 15°C) Night (2° C to 5° C)
Tarsar Marsar – Altitude: – 13205 Feet
Best Time: – June, July August, September
Trek Level: – Moderate
Trek distance: – On foot 23 Km – By taxi 420 km
Group Size: – 5 to 15 people
Short Itinerary of Tarsar Marsar Trek
Day 1- Pickup to you from Srinagar Airport – Drive to Aru village – 112 Km (4/5 Hours (7958 feet) overnight stay Hotel
Day 2 – Trek from Aru village to Lidderwat (10 km) (5/6 Hours) (9136 feet) overnight stay camp
Day 3 – Trek from Lidderwat to Shekwas camp (06 km) (4/5 Hours) (11089 feet) (overnight stay our campsite
Day 4 – Trek from Shekwas camp to Tarsar Lake (05 km) (3/4 Hours) (12500 feet) overnight stay camp.
Day 5 – Trek from Tarsar Lake to Sundersar camp (05 km) (3/4 Hours) (12978 Feet) overnight stay camp
Day 6 – Trek from Sundersar camp to visit Marsar Lake go to Homwas camp (09 km) (6/7 Hours) (11500 Feet) overnight stay camp
Day 7 – Trek from Homwas to Aru Village (13km) same day drive to Srinagar by taxi (112 km) – 4/5 Hours
How to Reach Tarsar marsar Trek ?
- For Tarsar marsar trek, you have to come to Srinagar before arriving home by flight or taxi.
- shrinagar is the beautiful palace of the state of Jammu and Kashmir , which is a beautiful city. The easiest way to reach Srinagar is by flights Srinagar Airport Sheikh Ul Alam International Airport Srinagar this is beautiful airport
- Srinagar is our branch office where you will be a member of our team who will keep taxi ready for you Aru Vilage
- From Srinagar Airport you have to come by taxi to Aru Base Camp, And from Srinagar it will take you about 2 to 3 hours to reach Aru base Camp of Himalayan Hikers
- For evening snacks 4:30 Pm. you will reach Aru base Camp where Team Himalayan Hikers will be ready to welcome
Will there be electricity in Tarsar Marsar trek
Let me tell you that there is no electricity in the forest area of Tarsar Marsar trek . Here we use Stobe Light and or Solar Light, candal light at the nights
If you come on this trek, then you should bring your own head light and your camera with full charge, if possible, it would be good to bring extra battery backup, and also bring the phone after full charge, today people most of the phone use the same
You will get the last electricity only in our Home Stay Aru Village , where you have to charge the battery of your phone and camera at night.
What to pack for Tarsar Marsar Trek
Warm clothes, sleeves, wind shelter, comfortable clothing, and extra warm clothes so that you can enjoy trekking. A raincoat is the necessary
Footwear: A well-fitted trekking footwear shoes are highly recommended. If you wear an uncomfortable pair of shoes, your feet will be hurt.
Self-Certificate of Emergency Breakout
What we do during an emergency breakout in the Tarsar marsar Trekking?
Trekking in the Himalayas is not a cup of tea but it is a rewarding experience. However, it’s important to keep things in mind when it comes to Safety. One must know about the weather conditions, the altitude gain, fitness and other factors that can wreck your experience. In such adverse conditions, you are solely responsible for your well being and act maturely.
Also Read About – Safety Tips For Safe Trekking.
Preparations before the Trek
You’ve to understand that treks are away from cities and medical help is not always easily available. So, if you are heading for an adventurous trekking trip, stick to certain trekking guidelines and tips. Following these simple tips will help make the trek more fun and experiential for you as well as your fellow trekkers.
These tips and guidelines cater to useful and requisite information about your fitness training, packing and health precautions to be taken before and during the trek.
- Firstly, when you start, target 5 km in 40 minutes
- Then gradually increase your pace by running at least 4 times a week. Then try to bring it down to 5 km in less than 37 minutes
- If you are a person who prefers cycling over running then your target must be 22 km means you should be able to cover 22 km in 60 minutes.
- Walking is a great exercise that gives great shape to your legs and your body. It helps in burning calories and cut down excess weight and strengthens the heart.
- Jogging is effective in increasing the human lifespan and makes your lungs stronger. It is an aerobic activity that requires a lot of oxygen. This is a great exercise for fighting obesity and staying healthy.
- Squats are the best form of functional exercises to improve stability. They also strengthen your legs, thighs, hips, and hamstring.
- Another great cardiovascular exercise is pushing your body upstairs after stairs. This is regarded as the best exercise for increasing strength and power
What we do during an emergency breakout in the Tarsar Marsar Trek?
First of all, the safety of trekkers is much more for us, if you see in the trek, then there are all the risks, which I do not think about.
Himalayan Hikers worry more about you that no one should ever have any problem in the trek.
What should we and you keep more safety in the trek
- Whenever you are going for any trek, it is very important that you go completely fit and ready.
- The trek is not difficult, if you make your feet and your mind calm and strong, you will find the trek very easy.
- While trekking, keep in mind that you are walking on the right route or not always with your guide.
- Most people look somewhere and where they are walking, this can cause twitching in your legs, which can ruin your entire trek.
- It is important to ask your doctor if you have any medical problems
- I should always keep my medical kit with me, it is very important.
- Himalayan Hikers always keep a medical kit with you, such as oxygen cylinders, medicine to be given in emergency on the trek
- If any trekkers have any more problems, then they are brought back to the base camp by laying them in the stretcher.
- Our camp in Tarsar marsar trek is around the 6000 feet to 13000 feet where you can not have any problem of oxygen
- In case of any medical problem, the help of your guide or a well-informed trekkers should be taken
- If there is major health problems in Tarsar marsar trek , then Nearest Hospital is in Srinagar which is about 112 Kms away from Tarsar marsar Trek
- Along with the trek we keep getting acclimatization