Tarsar Marsar Trek, the Prettiest Lakes in Kashmir -INDIA
Tarsar Marsar Trek lies in the fascinating beauty of Kashmir which is well known across the globe. Therefore, on Tarsar Marsar Trek go deep in the heart of Kashmir and get totally different experiences of Trekking in India.
During the trek, get a chance to camp beside the serene bluish alpine lakes. And, all the way to Tarsar get multiple sights of the same Lake.
On the other hand, is Marsar which remains hidden under a sheet of clouds. Witness its splendor from an overhang lying below 600-700 feet. But, the lake can only be seen until the clouds are clear. So, certainly, Tarsar Marsar is the prettiest Lakes in India.
The trail hides in a thick blanket of snow and green valley. The lush verdant forests turn white making it a small wonderland! The Tarsar Marsar trek is not only for experienced trekkers but for amateurs and children too family, school groups
The Astounding Campsites in Tarsar Marsar Trek
The first highlight of this trek is camping beside snow-fed alpine lakes which is the most important and best part of this trek. In addition, witness the changing colors of the lakes as the sun shines upon them. Do not miss the spellbinding sunset and sunrise views over the Lake at Tarsar and Sundersar campsites.
Moreover, explore the amazing clearings lying after the dense coniferous forests and spot few Gujjar huts on the way.
Best Time to Do Tarsar marsar Trek
Tarsar marsar trek is a very beautiful and an moderate trek in the Kashmir valley , The Tarsar marsar Trek is great for those people who have a great passion for mountaineering. Hills and consider it a special purpose in their life.
We are are doing this trek for years, we have every experience related to this trek. The right time to do this trek is from 5th june to the last of September, specially in the months of June, green and coluerfull bugyal meadows, snow is found in abundance here, which makes your trek very memorable
During the day the temperature of tarsar marsar trek is around ( 05°C to 15 °C and during the night the temperature comes down to 03 °C to 05 °C which is not bad.
You will never consider yourself boring in tarsar marsar Trek, this trek can give you nothing but joy, You will get to see the culture and beauty of Kashmir valley in this trek which will always keep you connected towards the mountain.
Aru Base camp & Exotic Grasslands in Tarsar Marsar Trek
Aru is the base camp of Tarsar Marsar trek, it is a small idyllic village surrounded by lavish grasslands. The village is famous because of some cottages, poplar trees and a rivulet flowing through this village’s heart.
The Aru villagers so heartily welcome trekkers that they surely come again to do another trek. The nature of Kashmir – meadows, rivers, streams, birds, animals and flowers everything is attracting people to visit it. Really, Jammu and Kashmir valley is no less than a paradise which is also known as Taj of India
Before, Sundersar campsite, pass through wide Jagmargi grasslands. Therefore, get amazed by its pulchritude because the wide grasslands are surrounded by mountains and a small rivulet flows through the pristine valley blooming with the colorful flowers in yellow, blue and pink shades.
How Difficult is Tarsar marsar trek ?
tarsar marsar trek is not very difficult and not easy either, this trek comes in a moderate level,
This trek is a bit moderate , but if your fitness is good and you have it in your mind that I want to trek then you can do it absolutely. Where help is needed, our guides will support you, you just have to be strong and capable of the trek. One thing is that all you can do is to have courage and I myself am passionate.
Tarsar marsar trek safe for me ?
Yes Tarsar marsar Trek is a safe trek if you are going with a good trekking team which you must know before booking yourself, It is important for you to know that the bow trekking organization with which we are going is right or not,
And if possible, trek with local trekking organization, you can do the same help all the time. then your trek can be very good and memorable
The minimum age required to trek Tarsar marsar trek is 10 years and maximum 55 years. The rest depends on your fitness .
Why to choose Tarsar Marsar Trek?
Before heading towards the itinerary, it is really essential to perceive the reason behind choosing Tarsar Marsar Trek.
See firstly, the trekking distance is a total of by taxi 224 Km and on foot 34 km which is to be covered into 6 nights 7 days. From Srinagar to Srinagar
Tarsar Marsar Trek is a low altitude mountain trek Altitudes is 13205 feet
The Starting trail is easy to moderate as compared to other treks this is a Moderate trek. So this trek is best for family and beginners, school tour
Need proper gear & clothing for sub-zero temperature?
You got to see so many heavenly bodies at one place like the panoramic view of the Himalayan ranges, you can see pine forests, different variety of flora and fauna surpassing through bona fide Kashmir culture.
I think Do spare time in Interaction with our local’s team, and you will get to know about some of the ancient tales of Indian mythology and our local cultures, this is good ideas for trekkers
Beautiful landscapes so carry proper photo gear & Extra battery backup.
The backpack should not exceed 12 kg only
Trekker carry your Photo ID, Adhar Card, Passport, Visa, for entry at forest check posts on the trek it is very important
What should you keep in mind for the July, Aug, Sep, Season trek to Tarsar Marsar Trek?
Tarsar Marsar Trek is as good as it is said, you also need to be prepared., Tarsar Marsar Trek is a moderate trek which starts from Srinagar and ends after trek same point ,
So what are the special things to keep in mind before coming on this trek?
- Summer trek to Tarsar Marsar Trek is very special, the view and the temperature are all favorable to you
- For summer trek, you have to bring only normal clothes, so that your trek can be good, there is no need for hot clothes, but in hiking it is also necessary to bring all the equipment which is necessary for you.
- It is necessary to have 3 pairs of clothes from trekking, especially the poncho, you will have to bring every season
- In the summer season, the temperature is always normal, so there is no need for hot clothes.
- During the monsoon season, it rains occasionally during the Tarsar marsar Trek, especially in the Kashmir valley, so if you have dry clothes here, it is very good, even when wet, it dries quickly.
- At this time you have to bring at least 3 pairs of clothes, for monsoon trek you do not have to bring too warm clothes, at this time you, hiking pants and t-Sart, I can trek
- It’s only a little cold in the morning and evening and the day is a good temperature for you
- Before going on any trek, it will be easy for you to take information related to each season.
- Trekkers need to know about these, you can ask us anytime like, trek route, trek map, temperature, weather condition, difficulty level, trek starting point, end point, transport, view of the trek, best time to visit, How to reach, trek distance etc, Trek Location, keep this information before going
Altitude we are going to cover in Tarsar Marsar Trek
Aru Village – 7958 feet)
Lidderwat – 9136 feet)
Shekwas camp -11089 feet)
Tarsar Lake – 12500 feet)
Marsar Lake – 11500 feet)
Key Points of Tarsar Marsar Trek
Duration: – 6 Nights 7 Days
Base camp: – Aru Village
Monsoon Temperature: – Day (5°C to 15°C) Night (2° C to 5° C)
Tarsar Marsar – Altitude: – 13205 Feet
Best Time: – June, July August, September
Trek Level: – Moderate
Trek distance: – On foot 23 Km – By taxi 420 km
Group Size: – 5 to 15 people
Short Itinerary of Tarsar Marsar Trek
Day 1- Pickup to you from Srinagar Airport – Drive to Aru village – 112 Km (4/5 Hours (7958 feet) overnight stay Hotel
Day 2 – Trek from Aru village to Lidderwat (10 km) (5/6 Hours) (9136 feet) overnight stay camp
Day 3 – Trek from Lidderwat to Shekwas camp (06 km) (4/5 Hours) (11089 feet) (overnight stay our campsite
Day 4 – Trek from Shekwas camp to Tarsar Lake (05 km) (3/4 Hours) (12500 feet) overnight stay camp.
Day 5 – Trek from Tarsar Lake to Sundersar camp (05 km) (3/4 Hours) (12978 Feet) overnight stay camp
Day 6 – Trek from Sundersar camp to visit Marsar Lake go to Homwas camp (09 km) (6/7 Hours) (11500 Feet) overnight stay camp
Day 7 – Trek from Homwas to Aru Village (13km) same day drive to Srinagar by taxi (112 km) – 4/5 Hours
How to Reach Tarsar marsar Trek ?
- For Tarsar marsar trek, you have to come to Srinagar before arriving home by flight or taxi.
- shrinagar is the beautiful palace of the state of Jammu and Kashmir , which is a beautiful city. The easiest way to reach Srinagar is by flights Srinagar Airport Sheikh Ul Alam International Airport Srinagar this is beautiful airport
- Srinagar is our branch office where you will be a member of our team who will keep taxi ready for you Aru Vilage
- From Srinagar Airport you have to come by taxi to Aru Base Camp, And from Srinagar it will take you about 2 to 3 hours to reach Aru base Camp of Himalayan Hikers
- For evening snacks 4:30 Pm. you will reach Aru base Camp where Team Himalayan Hikers will be ready to welcome