Ali Bedni Bugyal Trek in Uttarakhand Himalayas
Ali Bedni Bugyal Trek are two high altitude meadows “Ali” and “Bedni” at a height of 3375 meters in Garhwal Himalayas near Wan village; it is also en route to Roopkund “Mystery Lake”. These meadows are surrounded by lush greenery all year round. Camping under a serene sky of stars twinkling brightly amidst the silence of night is the major highlight of this trek. The tranquility of this place surrounded by mountains leaves nothing more to be desired.
The two adjacent meadows offer a spectacular view of the vastness that the Himalayas display. Generally used as the resting points by the shepherds, trekkers can often expect to run across locals and find an opportunity to interact with them.
Picture perfect canvas of these bugyals is absolutely awe-inspiring for all nature enthusiasts. Closer mountains obstruct the view of seemingly endless green pastures, which only enhances their beauty. The best part about these trails is that they can be completed during the monsoon season. Whereas the majority of the Himalayan region experiences heavy rainfall with fewer visitors, these bugyals offer a respite for any monsoon vacation. Beautiful vegetation in full bloom is a sight not to be missed.
- Experience the best of two major bugyals in Uttarakhand
- Explore the local lives of the natives.
- Local garhwal cuisines with its ingredients organically grown in the mountains is the experience trekkes would not want to miss
- Enjoy the views of Mt trishul and Nanda Ghunti
Key Points of Ali Bedni Bugyal trek
|Duration||4 Nights 5 Days from Dehradun to Dehradun (please keep a day or two spare for the schedule considering, acclimatization and weather conditions)|
|Terrain Type||Forest, meadows|
|Temperature||Day (6°C to 15° C) Night (2°C to 7°C)|
|Trek Weather||Winters are covered with snow summits and peaks whereas summers experience higher temperatures|
|Best Time:||July, August, September|
|Trek distance:||on foot 36km|
|Group Size:||A minimum group size of 5 people and a maximum of 30 people.
(In case anyone wants to book a private tour for their friends and family we provide a different procedure for it)
Some of the trek highlights of Ali Bedni Bugyal Trek
Journey from Dehradun to Mundoli is an experience in itself. Even though the trek legitimately starts from Wan village, still the entire journey to this village is filled with beautiful vistas. Major highlight of the ride from Dehradun to Mundoli is the holy river of Ganga that accompanies trekkers for a good part of their journey.
The trek then officially commences from the old village of Wan. Wan village in chamoli district provides ample opportunities for trekkers to interact and learn about the local life of villagers. Set amongst the beautiful Himalayan region this village is a perfect stop point for local cuisines. As the journey to bugyal starts trekkers will be covering a long distance of 20 km before they reach their campsites. The trail will walk them through the beautiful forest of oak and pine before opening to the majestic Bedni bugyal.
A further next day descent to the beautiful Ali bugyal will be the trekkers point before they take a route to return.
Things to Look out for-
- The trek is certain to provide unrivalled feelings of accomplishment.
- Wan village with many opportunities to interact with the locals.
- Explore the enthralling forest of oak and pine.
- The splendid view of snow-covered peaks like Mt Trishul from the Ali bugyal is well worth the effort trekkers will expend on their journey.
- Camping under the clear night sky filled with stars is an experience in and of itself.
The altitude covered in Ali Bedni Bugyal trek
- Mundoli- 2333m
- Wan village-2439m
- Bedni Bugyal- 3375m
- Ali bugyal-3300m
Best Time to Visit Ali Bedni Bugyal Trek
Both the ascent and the descent of Ali Bedni Bugyal are easy in difficulty. The best time to hike these paths is from July to September. The favorable temperatures and moderate precipitation make this trek a highly recommended monsoon trek. Temperatures typically range from 6 to 15 degrees Celsius during the day, with substantially colder nights.
1)Is it safe
4)Things to carry
5)Connectivity and transaction
6)includes and excludes
7)How to reach
8) Short Itinerary
Is it safe
Set amidst the high altitude ranges, concerns among the beginners regarding Ali Bedni Bugyal trek safety are indeed very valid questions. We have all the possible probabilities calculated if anything goes off the schedule. All our professionals strive their best to provide trekkers with the best experience possible.
Since this is beginner friendly trek we advise trekkers to be wary of the path and high altitude medical conditions before proceeding to this trek.
Even though the top is relatively low in elevation, we still recommend a reasonable level of physical fitness. The Long journey of 20 km to be covered in a short span of time can be a challenging task for beginners. We strongly advise trekkers to physically and mentally prepare themselves prior to this trek. Throughout the course, all groups will be guided by our experts for trekking equipment and any impending terrain.
Any medical assistance that is required will be provided at any point of the journey; however, trekkers must consult their professional care before beginning any trek. We also strongly advise trekkers to learn about altitude sickness and to notify our teams as soon as any symptoms appear.
Weather conditions depend on the time of the year trekkers are travelling. Months from July to September experience moderate temperatures during the day with substantially colder nights. Monsoons in these areas are moderate in level with favorable conditions to trek.
Things to carry in Ali Bedni Bugyal Trek
1) Because nights at elevations tend to be considerably colder, we suggest having well-graded, warm and comfortable clothing along with good quality shoes.
2) Despite the fact that we handle medical crises, we urge individuals to keep their emergency kits at hand in any case of personal underlying illnesses.
3) Since the journey provides you with a picturesque view of many peaks, don’t forget to bring your camera along with extra batteries.
4) Our staff will consult with fellow trekkers about their luggage and, if lacking, will assist trekkers in obtaining any necessary equipment. Only the relevant luggage should be brought, as a result.
Other trekking Essentials for Ali Bedni Bugyal Trek
Connectivity and Transactions
1) Because connectivity along the route is unpredictable, we urge people to do all of their work ahead of time.
2) Trekkers will be provided with walkie- talkies beforehand in case of emergency
3) Last ATM transactions available will be at Mundoli but we recommend travelers to collect cash beforehand or while in Dehradun as ATMs available at other places might not dispense cash at times.
How to Reach in Ali Bedni Bugyal Trek
If you are travelling from any metropolitan city in India or from outside India, getting to the capital city of Delhi may be the first and most important step. All major modes of transportation, such as air, road, and rail, can take you to Delhi.
Dehradun is connected to most major cities in India via all chief modes of transportation. Trekkers could perhaps conduct extensive research for their direct mode of transportation to ensure a much smoother arrival.
How to reach Dehradun from Delhi
By air– Jolly Grant Airport Dehradun is the nearest airport to Dehradun. It is well connected to Delhi and many chief cities with daily flights.
By road-Delhi have direct road routes to Dehradun. Trekkers will have to book either a bus or private cabs. Prior booking for cabs and bus are easily available at various sites.
Delhi> Dehradun >Mundoli
By railway– Nearest Railway station to Dehradun will be Dehradun Railway station. Since Dehradun is connected to all major railway routes, trekkers can opt for a direct route or via Delhi.
.Some important points to note-
- Please note that we don’t provide timings schedules for transportation before Dehradun. Subjected to various conditions the scheduled timings and availability of particular rides may differ. We recommend trekkers to reach out our teams for any queries. You can drop an email or call us for an initial guided session.
- Our teams will be collecting trekkers at fixed points of airports, railway stations and bus stands.
- It is recommended that unless any delay arrives, trekkers are advised to reach the destinations at least 2 hours prior.
Short itinerary of Ali Bedni Bugyal Trek
Note: – Our service will remain from Dehradun to Dehradun – for more details please check includes or excludes
|Day 1:||Pick up from the Dehradun and travel to Mundoli|
|Day 2:||Mundoli to Wan village then further to Bedni bugyal|
|Day 3:||Trek to Bedni bugyal and then to Ali bugyal before a return|
|Day 4:||Bedni bugyal to wan village|
|Day 5||Wan village to Dehradun|
Things Himalayan Hikers recommend For Ali Bedni Bugyal Trek
As previously stated, a camera, as well as spare batteries and memory cards, are recommended. We can assure and guarantee that you will be stopping frequently along the trail to observe the grandeur of the trekking experience.
We strongly recommend trekkers to prepare beforehand for the journey ahead. Regular practicing physical fitness and mental endurance will surely assist trekkers in great time.
After the trek, we strongly encourage trekkers to tag us on social media when they post any memories from the trip; this will not only prove invaluable to us with our work, but will also serve as a motivational example for all of our experts.
Why you should choose us
We’re here to give you the greatest experience possible through the eyes of highly skilled and qualified specialists who have a passion for adventure sports. We are community members attempting to promote our favorite adventure sports while also supporting local businesses. We, at Himalayan hikers, dedicate ourselves to providing you with an unforgettable experience.