Deo Tibba Expedition is a mountain in the Pir Panjal Range of Himalayan Mountains in Kullu District, Himachal Pradesh, India. At a height of 6,001 meters, it is a popular trekking destination among enthusiastic trekkers. The peak is distinctive in how the summit is a snow dome, similar to an ice cap, with a flat summit plateau rather than a pointed ridge. Per the local legend, Deo Tibba is a gathering place for the gods. According to Hindu mythology, the dome-shaped peak of Deo Tibba is where the gods sit, hence the names Deo (Gods) and Tibba (Hill).
The trek is strenuous, and it aims to cross many experienced hikers’ “To Do” list. Climbers will face difficult terrain on their way to the peak’s summit, including steep ice passes, crevassed glaciers, a rock fall area, and a ridge. Owning to its difficulty this trek only invites trekkers with valid experiences. Steep snow covered trails with ferry loading demanding a thorough knowledge of hiking equipment’s will surly come handy. This peak is less travelled and is generally compared to Stokkangri in Ladakh.
- Experience the best of Deo Tibba peak
- Get a panoramic view of many snow covered peaks visible form the top.
- Test your endurance limits both physically and mentally
- Snow dome in the ending parts of this trek is an achievement of and itself
Key Points of Deo Tibba Expedition
|11 Nights 12 Days from Manali to Manali (please keep a day or two spare for the schedule considering, acclimatization and weather conditions)
|Forest, steep hills, murrains
|Day (8°C to 14° C) Night (0°C to 7°C)
|Winters are covered with snow summits and peaks whereas summers experience higher temperatures
|May, June, October, November
|A minimum group size of 5 people and a maximum of 30 people.
(In case anyone wants to book a private tour for their friends and family we provide a different procedure for it)
Must known Points of Deo Tibba Expedition
- Level: Difficult (so first-timers trekkers should avoid)
- For this expedition, it is important to follow the Guideline and Rule of the IMF. Without this, it will not be an expedition
- Proper conditioning & training of body required
- Group size minimum of 05 maximum of 10 people
- Need proper Expedition gear & clothing for sub-zero temperatures?
- Shoes are the single most important equipment
- High Altitude requires proper acclimatization
- Post monsoon or pre-monsoon is the best time. During rains the region is prone to landslides
- Phones don’t work on the trek, we are provide to you Radio Walkie Talkie for Communication
- Beautiful landscape so carry good photo gear (I couldn’t carry my best equipment)
- Travel light (my backpack was heavy at about 12 kg to 15 Kg )
- Keep an extra day in your itinerary for attempt to summit account for bad weather
- If you choose Good and local trekking company Himalayan Hikers than it is better for you because Himalayan Hikers is local company our mission is safe treks, growth of locals. Some groups come with us for the Expedition, like the N.C.C Group, Navi Force, Army force, Etc
- Alcohol and smoking is not allowed during the Expedition
Some of the Trek Highlights
The trek commences from chika which will be reached from Manali via Bara bazaar. Trekkers will be covering forests of rhododendrons and pine which opens to grand and majestic meadows before reaching Seri. A beautiful stream of river will be our local guide towards next destination of base camp.
On their way to Deo Tibba Base Camp, trekkers will pass through many remote valleys and villages, including Jogidugh, Panduropa, Setan, and Hampta Pass, to name a few. In addition to Deo Tibba, the trek takes expeditors to the grazing pastures of the local shepherds. Trekkers’ views of high and mighty Himalayan peaks become more clear as they approach the summit.
Owning to its name as popular tourist destination Manali in it provides a variety of attractions to explore. Sites like Hidimba Devi temple and Vashist Kund can surely make trekkers to extend their stay.
Things to look out for
- The trek is certain to provide unrivalled feelings of accomplishment.
- Explore the enthralling forest of cedar and pine.
- Souviners form Manali is great for memories.
- There are countless photogenic vistas, so we recommend that you prepare yourself for any aesthetic shoots. The best pictures are those taken under a blue sky with snow-covered peaks in the background.
The Altitude covered in Deo Tibba Expedition
- Bara Bazaar-
- Base camp-4500m
- Camp 1-5100m
- Summit camp-5600m
Best Time to Visit Deo Tibba Expedition
Both the ascent and the descent of Deo Tibba are challenging as the trekkers hike upwards. The best time to hike these paths is during May, June, October and November. The unfavorable temperatures and precipitation make this trek a pre and post monsoon season trek. Temperatures typically range from 13 to 18 degrees Celsius during the day, with substantially colder nights.
Is it safe?
Set amidst the high altitude ranges, concerns regarding Deo Tibba Expedition safety are indeed very valid questions. We have all the possible probabilities calculated if anything goes off the schedule.
All of our professionals strive to provide the best experience possible for trekkers, so a collaborative contribution of a relaxed mindset and morally communicative behavior with fellow trekkers will be greatly appreciated.
Difficulty level in Deo Tibba Expedition
Because the top is relatively high in elevation, we strongly recommend a reasonable level of physical fitness. The arduous journey of Deo Tibba Expedition with longer distances and ascending elevations to be covered in a short span of time would require acclimatization. We advise trekkers to physically and mentally prepare themselves prior to this trek. Throughout the course, all groups will be guided by our experts for trekking equipment and any impending terrain.
Any medical assistance that is required will be provided at any point of the journey; however, trekkers must consult their professional care before beginning any trek. We also strongly advise trekkers to learn about altitude sickness and to notify our teams as soon as any symptoms appear.
Weather conditions in Deo Tibba Expedition
Weather conditions depend on the time of the year trekkers are travelling. Months from pre and post monsoon experience moderate temperatures during the day with substantially colder nights. As elevation increases the weather conditions can become challenging hence trekkers are advised to contact us for a briefing.
Things to carry in Deo Tibba Expedition
1) Because nights at elevations tend to be considerably colder, we suggest having well-graded, warm and comfortable clothing along with good quality shoes.
2) Despite the fact that we handle medical crises, we urge individuals to keep their emergency kits at hand in any case of personal underlying illnesses.
3) Since the journey provides you with a picturesque view of many peaks, don’t forget to bring your camera along with extra batteries.
4) Our staff will consult with fellow trekkers about their luggage and, if lacking, will assist trekkers in obtaining any necessary equipment. Only the relevant luggage should be brought, as a result.
Other trekking Essentials-
Connectivity and Transactions
1) Because connectivity along the route is unpredictable, we urge people to do all of their work ahead of time.
2) Trekkers will be provided with walkie- talkies beforehand in case of emergency
3) Last ATM transactions available will be at Bara bazaar but we recommend travelers to collect cash beforehand or while in Manali as ATM available at other places might not dispense cash at times.
How to Reach in Deo Tibba Expedition
If you are travelling from any metropolitan city in India or from outside India, getting to the capital city of Delhi may be the first and most important step. All major modes of transportation, such as air, road, and rail, can take you to Delhi.
Manali is connected to most major cities in India via all chief modes of transportation. Trekkers could perhaps conduct extensive research for their direct mode of transportation to ensure a much smoother arrival.
How to reach Manali from Delhi
By air– Manali Airport is the nearest airport to Manali. It is well connected to Delhi and many chief cities with daily flights.
By road-Delhi have direct road routes to Manali. Trekkers will have to book either a bus or private cabs. Prior booking for cabs and bus are easily available at various sites.
By railway– Nearest Railway station to Manali will be Manali Railway station. Since Manali is connected to all major railway routes, trekkers can opt for a direct route or via Delhi.
Some important points to note-
- Please note that we don’t provide timings schedules for transportation before Manali. Subjected to various conditions the scheduled timings and availability of particular rides may differ. We recommend trekkers to reach out our teams for any queries. You can drop an email or call us for an initial guided session.
- Our teams will be collecting trekkers at fixed points of airports, railway stations and bus stands.
- It is recommended that unless any delay arrives, trekkers are advised to reach the destinations at least 2 hours prior.
Things Himalayan Hikers Recommend
As previously stated, a camera, as well as spare batteries and memory cards, are recommended. We can assure and guarantee that you will be stopping frequently along the trail to observe the grandeur of the trekking experience.
We strongly recommend trekkers to prepare beforehand for the journey ahead. Regular practicing physical fitness and mental endurance will surely assist trekkers in great time.
After the trek, we strongly encourage trekkers to tag us on social media when they post any memories from the trip; this will not only prove invaluable to us with our work, but will also serve as a motivational example for all of our experts.
Why you should choose us
We’re here to give you the greatest experience possible through the eyes of highly skilled and qualified specialists who have a passion for adventure sports. We are community members attempting to promote our favorite adventure sports while also supporting local businesses. We, at Himalayan Hikers, dedicate ourselves to providing you with an unforgettable experience.