Explore Kullu, Manali and Lahaul Spiti Valley on Hampta Pass Trek in Himachal
The name “Hampta Pass” derived from Hampta Village. It is at an altitude of 14,107 feet in the Himalayan Pin Panjal range and it is the passage between Lahaul and Kullu, or Manali valley of Himachal Pradesh. Hampta Pass Trek, This region has rich Flora and Fauna but, on the other hand, the Lahaul valley has barren lands and is deserted.
Therefore, go through quaint villages and explore two different cultures. In ancient times, the trail was a trade route. Thus, now it is frequently used by the shepherds in summers to find grasslands in the deserted Lahaul, Spiti valley.
Hampta pass India’s most popular trek month of July and August?
The Hampta Pass trek, known today in popular trek not only in India but all over the world, its beauty is hidden from no one, fame retains its original form to all, Hampta Pass is this symbol of beauty, people who have special knowledge of trekking, the same people come to do this trek in the lap of this Pawan Dev Bhoomi Himachal, thousands of people come here every year in the months of July and August, this trek It is also special that it starts from Manali, the beautiful city of Himachal,
July and August are particularly special for this trek, although people come all year round, Himalayan hikers consider July and August to be good because the flowers and river crossing of snow best part of this trek, and rain in the Manali Valley here in July and August months is something else I enjoy trekking, this time temperature and weather of the Hampta Pass trek would suit you. Yes, it is also a special thing that when we start the trek from Manali, then after Jobri, Cheeka camp is the most beautiful camp, in day 01, we have to trek only for 03 Km, after that, a little light climb starts from you. On this day, you live till the Balu ka Gera camp; you will find some species of flowers which gives pleasure to the mind,
Day 3 will meet you this big adventure, today you have to go to Shea Goru camp by passing the Hampta pass Altitude is 4,310 Meters, this stop will be over Moran and Snow, after passing the Hampta you will reach the Shea Goru camp, and then this is the most beautiful camp of this trek. Are, these areas come in Spiti Valley which is moraine and muddy, there are no grass and trees, so the natural changes in this trek are a feeling of peace of mind,
Best Time to Do Hampta pass Trek
Hampta pass trek is a very beautiful and an moderate trek in the Himachal near manali valley , The Hampta pass Trek is great for those people who have a great passion for mountaineering. Hills and consider it a special purpose in their life.
We are are doing this trek for years, we have every experience related to this trek. The right time to do this trek is from 5th june to the last of September, specially in the months of June, green and colorful manali valley meadows, snow is found in abundance here summit in hampta pass, which makes your trek very memorable
During the day the temperature of Hampta pass trek is around ( 05°C to 15 °C and during the night the temperature comes down to 03 °C to 05 °C which is not bad.
You will never consider yourself boring in Hampta pass Trek, this trek can give you nothing but joy, You will get to see the culture and beauty of Himachal, and spiti valley in this trek which will always keep you connected towards the mountain.
Why is Hampta Pass Trek?
A stunning Trans Himalayan crossover trek that will blow your mind, Hampta Pass trek will surprise you with dramatic and rapid changes in the scenery.
Before going in details about this trek, we would like to give an introduction of Hampta Pass. Perched at an altitude nearly to 14,107 ft surrounded by the mighty Himalayas the trail begins with the campsite of Jobra where here one will cut through a lot of forests.
The next campsite is Jwara, furnished with carpet full of flowers in short wildflower meadow at the meeting point of valley.
Your eyes will welcome you with the drama on the terrain. From a green valley to cold barren desert.
After crossing Jwara, the next campsite is Balu Ka Ghera and thereafter Shea Goru which is the desert oasis.
If you are looking for a five-day short itinerary, Hampta Pass is the perfect trek full of surprises and eye opener which will leave you in awe.
How Difficult is Hampta pass trek ?
Hampta pass trek is not very difficult and not easy either , this is uphill and after hampta pass down hill trek, this trek comes in a moderate level,
This trek is a bit moderate , but if your fitness is good and you have it in your mind that I want to trek then you can do it absolutely. Where help is needed, our guides will support you, you just have to be strong and capable of the trek. One thing is that all you can do is to have courage and I myself am passionate.
Hampta pass trek safe for me ?
Yes Hampta pass Trek is a safe trek if you are going with a good trekking team which you must know before booking yourself, It is important for you to know that the bow trekking organization with which we are going is right or not,
And if possible, trek with good and Experienced trekking organization, you can do the same help all the time. then your trek can be very good and memorable
The minimum age required to trek Hampta pass trek is 12 years and maximum 55 years. The rest depends on your fitness .
Fall in Love With The Trail! in Hampta Pass Trek
So, the Hampta Pass trail is easy to fall in love with! Because of rich flora and fauna and opportunity to spot rare Himalayan birds and animals. Also, witness cascading waterfalls, dense forests and variety of trees with barren lands.
The Hampta valley has such dramatic changes because it is narrow and funnel shaped till Chatru.
Weather conditions depend on the time of the year trekkers are travelling.
Months from June to September experience moderately good temperatures during the day with substantially colder nights accompanied by little to snow hampta pass summit point surrounding peak
In Hampta Pass, you will have a beautiful experience of the temperature of both Green and Dry Valley areas
About Base camp Manali
Once Manali was a quiet Market but it transformed into a famous bustling town in Kullu, Manali valley of Himachal Pradesh.
It has become a popular tourist attraction and works as the gateway to Lahaul, Spiti and Leh. Ladakh And, also Manali is the base camp of many Himalayan treks.
There are charming snow capped peaks, Deodar trees and gushing Beas – No Doubt, this beautiful hill station is for nature lovers because it’s no less than a paradise!
It holds a legendary history and there are ancient temples which gives an idea of Manali’s past. Here, apples, Pear and Plum are the major source of income for most of the inhabitants.
Why Choose Hampta Pass Trek?
Before heading towards the itinerary, it is really essential to perceive the reason behind choosing Hampta pass trek.
See firstly, the trekking distance is a total of by taxi 296 Km and on foot 29 km which is to be covered into 5 days. . Manali to Jabra, cheeka, Balu ka Gera, shea Geru, Chatru, Chandratal, via rohtang pass
Hampta Pass Trek is a low altitude mountain trek Altitudes is 4310 Meters
The Starting trail is easy to moderate as compare to other treks
Need proper gear & clothing for sub-zero temperature?
You got to see so many heavenly bodies at one place like the panoramic view of the Himalayan ranges, you can see pine forests, different variety of flora and fauna surpassing through bona fide Garhwali culture.
I think Do spare time in Interaction with our local’s team, and you will get to know about some of the ancient tales of Indian mythology and our local cultures, this is good ideas for trekkers
Beautiful landscapes so carry proper photo gear & Extra battery backup.
The backpack should not exceed 10 to 12 kg only
Why you should choose us ?
We’re here to give you the greatest experience possible through the eyes of highly skilled and qualified specialists who have a passion for adventure sports. We are community members attempting to promote our favorite adventure sports while also supporting local businesses. We, at Himalayan hikers, dedicate ourselves to providing you with an unforgettable experience.
Himalayan Hikers always make the trek from Trekkers memorable, I insist that you do not face any problem in any trek and you can always have a pleasant experience.
What should you keep in mind for the winter trek to Hampta pass Trek?
Hampta pass Trek is as good as it is said, you also need to be prepared., Hampta pass Trek is a moderate trek which starts from Manali and ends after trek same point Manali Mall Road ,
So what are the special things to keep in mind before coming on this trek?
- In Hampta pass Trek Winter Trek, you will need warm clothes a lot, for which you will need proper good uniform clothes
- Winters are always cold, so only warm clothes can keep you safe on trek feet.
- Always take the information from the company with which you are booking the trek before going on the trek, what do we need to bring
- In the winter season, the temperature always drops day by day , so warm clothes will help you a lot.
- Summer trek to Hampta pass Trek is very special, the view and the temperature are all favorable to you
- For summer trek, you have to bring only normal clothes, so that your trek can be good, there is no need for hot clothes, but in hiking it is also necessary to bring all the equipment which is necessary for you.
- It is necessary to have 3 pairs of clothes from trekking, especially the poncho, you will have to bring every season
- In the summer season, the temperature is always normal, so there is no need for hot clothes.
- During the monsoon season, it rains occasionally during the Hampta pass Trek, especially in the Manali, Spiti valley, so if you have dry clothes here, it is very good, even when wet, it dries quickly.
- At this time you have to bring at least 3 pairs of clothes, for monsoon trek you do not have to bring too warm clothes, at this time you, hiking pants and t-Sart, I can trek
- It’s only a little cold in the morning and evening and the day is a good temperature for you
- Before going on any trek, it will be easy for you to take information related to each season.
- Trekkers need to know about these, you can ask us anytime like, trek route, trek map, temperature, weather condition, difficulty level, trek starting point, end point, transport, view of the trek, best time to visit, How to reach, trek distance etc, Trek Location, keep this information before going
Key Points of Hampta Pass Trek
Duration: – 4 Nights 5 Days from Manali to Manali
Base camp: – Manali
Monsoon Temperature:- Day 5°C to 12°C) Night 2° C to 8° C
Hampta pass trek- Altitude: – 4310 Meters
Best Time: – June, July, August, September
Trek Level: – Moderate
Trek distance: – On foot 29 Km – By taxi 236 km
Group Size: – minimum 5 people maximum 15 people
Altitude we are going to cover in Hampta Pass Trek
Manali altitude– 2050 m
Cheeka camp altitude – 3078 m
Balu ka Gera altitude – 3783 m
Shea Goru camp altitude – 3735 m
Chatru camp altitude 3322 m
Chandratal altitude 4300 m
Rohtang pass altitude 4114 m
Short Itinerary of Hampta pass Trek
Day 1: Pickup to you from Manali to Jobra by taxi (22 km) Same day trek to Cheeka camp (03 km) (1/2 Hours) (3078 Meter)
Day 2: Trek from Cheeka camp to Balu ka Gera (08 km) (4/5 Hours) (3783 Meter)
Day 3: Trek from Balu ka Gera to via Hampta pass (4310 Meter) Shea Goru camp (12 km) (6/7 Hours) (3735 Meter)
Day 4: Trek from Shea Goru camp to Chatru camp – (05 km) trek (3/4 Hours) same day drive to Chandratal (4300 Meter) back to Chatru camp (156 km) (5/6 Hours)
Day 5: Trek from Chatru camp to via Rohtang pass (4114 Meter) to Manali (140 km) Reach evening 6 pm.
Your Travel Plan for Hampta Pass Trek
You can book trains, air flights, and bus tickets for your journey only according to the information given by us.
The Hampta pass trek will be of 5 days from Manali to Manali, includes travel.
First of all, all the trekkers will have to book their flight and train bus according to our time table as our pick up is from 9:00 am to 10:00 am, you will have to reach Manali Bus Stand, Mall Road in the morning.
A taxi from Himalayan hikers will link you to the Manali bus stand, near mall road.
Himalayan Hikers organize transport to the Jabari base camp from the Manali bus stand. Our vehicles leave at 9:00 am to 10:00 am sharp from Manali. Sharing taxi costs include your package.
In the Manali bus stand, you will get our taxi staff that will arrange transport for you. The contacts no Transport coordinator or our office team will give you a week ago to your departure.
Please you guys book your transport facility according to your own time table, after Himalayan hikers take all the responsibility of Manali to Manali, that you will not face any problem.
Your trek ends at Manali day 05th evening 5:30 pm. Manali is a beautiful city in Himachal here available public transport for all over State in India. Booked your return bus tickets directly Manali bus stands.
How to Reach Hampta Pass Trek?
If you are traveling from Kolkata, Bangalore, Chennai, Pune, Mumbai or Gujarat any other city, so you will have to come to Delhi, you will get a flight from Delhi for Bhuntar comfortably.
Option 01:- By Air
Himalayan hikers tell you that whenever you travel, you should reach your destination within 2 hours. Bhuntar, Kullu airport is the nearest airport in Manali.
Located about 32 km for the Manali city. There are flights available to Bhuntar airport, you can go online and book your tickets. These are easy and easy ways for you and you also save your time, Bhuntar to Manali taxi available in airport 24×7.
If you find the flight to Bhuntar airport expensive, then you come by flight to Delhi or travel by bus from Delhi to Manali, and it will be easy for you. And many Volvo bus available.
Option 02:- By Bus
You can reach Manali from Delhi by a bus, board it from (Delhi) Kashmiri Gate, ISBT; it is good if you are booked the seats. It is a 10-11 hour bus journey from Delhi to Manali bus stand, near mall road.
(Reach Manali bus stand between 5:00 am to 6:00 am and the vehicle will be arranged from there.)
What is the distance to reach Manali for Hampta pass from other state
- from Mumbai to Manali Distance is – 1931 Kms by Road
- from Delhi to Manali Distance is – 553 kms by Raod
- from Jaipur to Manali by road is 800 kms
- from Chandigarh to Manali by road is 307 kms
- from Shimla to Manali by road is 248 kms
- from Dehradun to manali by Raod is 474 kms
- from Ludhiana to Manali by road Is 358 Kms
- from Bangalore to manali by road is 2693 kms
- from Kolkata to Manali by road is 2037 kms
ATM Point and Mobile Connectivity in Hampta pass
Before starting the journey to Hampta pass Trek, make sure that you need payments, and then take out the cash on the way Manali mall road.
The phone does not work on this trek. Therefore, you should ensure that you do not have to make any important calls. . So make sure you finish all your important work and calls before starting the trek.
What do we do for safety in Hampta Pass trek?
First of all, the safety of trekkers is much more for us, if you see in the trek, then there are all the risks, which I do not think about.
Himalayan Hikers worry more about you that no one should ever have any problem in the trek.
What should we and you keep more safety in the trek
- Whenever you are going for any trek, it is very important that you go completely fit and ready.
- The trek is Moderate, if you make your feet and your mind calm and strong, you will find the trek very easy.
- While trekking, keep in mind that you are walking on the right route or not always with your guide.
- Most people look somewhere and where they are walking, this can cause twitching in your legs, which can ruin your entire trek.
- It is important to ask your doctor if you have any medical problems
- I should always keep my medical kit with me, it is very important.
- Himalayan Hikers always keep a medical kit with you, such as oxygen cylinders, medicine to be given in emergency on the trek
- If any trekkers have any more problems, then they are brought back to the base camp by laying them in the stretcher.
- Our camp in Hampta pass trek is around the 6000ft to 11000 ft where you can not have any problem of oxygen
- In case of any medical problem, the help of your guide or a well-informed trekkers should be taken
- If there is major health problems in Hampta pass trek, then Nearest Hospital is in Manali which is about 32 Kms away from Hampta pass trek
- Remember that when we go on any trek, we go from low altitude to high altitude, it does not cause much problem on us.
- Our camps also move forward day by day and our bodies also work with the altitudes that are safe for trekkers
- Along with the trek we keep getting acclimatization