Pindari Glacier Trek– Hidden in the Kumaon Himalayas Uttarakhand
Pindari Glacier trek hides in the best remote regions of Kumaon with extremely beautiful diverse landscapes. Situated at an altitude of 12,300 feet it offers perfect adventure and thrill to avid trekkers.
Its divine surroundings and rewards offered are enough to leave anybody awestruck.
The gradient of Pindari Glacier trek is easy to moderate which turns out to be one of the best-isolated treks in Uttarakhand.
It offers mind-blowing views of snow-capped Himalayan peaks and it is a great pleasure to walk through forests of Rhododendrons with vibrant flowers lined up. This region is highly rich in Flora and Fauna; therefore, it is a treat for nature lovers.
During this trek, pass through some quaint villages with strong mythological stories and peek into the life of local villagers with a taste of their culture.
The Adventurous Trail of Pindarr Glacier
- Pindari Glacier trek has some thrills for the trekkers though the trail is easy to moderate.
- The thrills include crossing Dhakuri pass on the way to Pindari glacier which offers phenomenal views of towering Himalayan peaks that together makes Nanda Devi Sanctuary’s southern rim.
- The attractive water-bodies on the route are a real delight! Cross wooden bridges and spot cascading waterfalls that surely feast for the eyes.
- To reach Pindari glacier you have to pass through dense forests of Rhododendrons where you can easily spot a variety of Flora and Fauna. Crossing small streams and rivulets makes this trek a pretty adventurous one.
Why Choose Pindari Glacier Trek?
1. Pindari Glacier is perched in the remote Kumaon Himalayas and it is one of the best-isolated treks in Uttarakhand.
Pindari Glacier trek is best for adventure and nature lovers.
During the trek, pass through quaint Himalayan villages and peep into the lifestyle of villagers and their culture.
Also, get stunning mountain views.
The Dhakuri pass crossing with small rivulets and bridge crossing adds adventure to this trek.
Pass through diverse landscapes and spot a variety of Flora and Fauna.
Pindari Glacieris one of the most accessible trekking glaciers amongst the others and attracts a large crowd of amature trekkers.Jam packed with variable terrains, exotic flora-fauna and easy in accessibility; Pindari GlacierTrek is nothing less than a dream to aspiring mountaineers. The trek view of this glacier establishes a fantastic view of the Nanda Devi and Nandakhot mountains.
- Experience the best of Pindari Glacier
- Get a panoramic view of many snow covered peaks like Nanda Devi and Nandakhot mountains visible form the top.
- Test your endurance limits both physically and mentally
- Zero point of this glacier is situated at a towering height of 3660m
- Encounter the charm and pride of Kumaon region through Pindari Glacier.
- View the lush green Landscapes of Pindari hills.
Key Points of Pindari Glacier Trek
Level: Easy to Moderate
Proper conditioning & training of body required
Need proper gear & clothing for sub-zero temperature.
Shoes are the single most important equipment.
High Altitude requires proper acclimatization.
Beautiful landscapes so carry good photo gear & Extra battery backup.
The backpack should not exceed 10 kgs.
Must Read about Pindar Glacier Trek
Duration: 7 days (Kathgodam to Kathgodam)
Best Season: May, June, September, and October
Level: Easy to Moderate
Highest Point: (12,300 feet)
Trekking distance (Total): (50 km)
Weather: Nights are cold and day temperature is pleasant according to the season.
Summer temperature: (5°C to 12°C)
Starting point: Kathgodam
Some of the trek highlights
The gradient of the Pindari Glacier trek is easy to moderate, making it one of the best-isolated and family-friendly treks in Uttarakhand. It provides breathtaking views of snow-capped Himalayan peaks, and it is a joy to walk through forests of crimson Rhododendrons with vibrant flowers lined up.This region is abundant in flora and fauna, making it ideal for nature enthusiasts. The trektraverses along the wilderness of the Nanda Devi Sanctuary, offering impressive views of peaks like PanwaliDwar and Maiktoli.
The trail to the glacier passes through some quaint villageslike Saung and Loharkhet with strong mythological stories, then further crosses the Dhakuri Pass, and continues on to Khati (the last inhabited village on the trail). The trek finally concludes at Zero Point, Pindar. Despite the fact that the majority of the trail runs along the banks of the Pindari River, the river is mostly hidden until after Khati
Things to Look out for-
- The trek is certain to provide unrivalled feelings of accomplishment.
- Souvenirs fromKathgodam and Dehradun are great for memories.
- There are countless photogenic peaks, so we recommend that you prepare yourself for any aesthetic shoots. The best pictures are those taken under a blue sky with snow-covered peaks in the background.
- Experience the grandeur of the peaks like Nanda Devi and Maiktoli.
Short Itinerary Pindar Glacier Trek
Day 1 – Drive from Kathgodam to Loharket (180 km) (7/8 Hours) (5500 feet)
Day 2 – Drive from Loharkhet to Kahrkia and trek to Khati (04 km) (3/4 Hours) (7,300 feet)
Day 3 – Trek from Khati to Dwali (13 km) (6/7 Hours) (8,600 feet)
Day 4 – Trek from Diwali to Phurkia (05 km) (3/4 Hours) (10,500 feet)
Day 5 – Trek from Phurkia to Zero Point Pindari Glacier and back to Phurkia (16 km) (7/8 Hours) (12,300 feet)
Day 6 – Trek from Phurkia to Khati via Dwali (18 km) (7/8 Hours) (7300 feet)
Day 7 – Trek from Khati to Kharkia (04km) Same day Drive to Kathgodam (180 km) (7/8 Hours)
View during the journey
Top of the Zero Point of Pindari Glacier provides the views of high and mighty Nanda Devi and Nandkhot mountains.
Trekkers will be able to experience the exotic flora and fauna of the southern parts of Nanda Devi Sanctuary.
While on the trail near the Sanctuary, the mighty views of PanwaliDwar and Maiktoli peaks will follow trkkers.
Nearby places to visit
Trekkers are most likely recommended extending their stay at Kathgodam and explore the city. Sheetla Devi Temple, Kalichaud temple, Sat Tal and Hanuman Garhi are just some of the few places trekkers can visit in the city of Kathgodam.
While on their trek to Pindari Glacier trekkers can take time to explore the villages they will be crossing. The trail is perfectly laid with easy accessibility and small shops at every few points.
Best Time to Visit Pindari Glacier Trek
Both the ascent and the descent of Pindari Glacier are moderate in level as the trekkers hike forward. The best time to hike these paths is during the months of May to October. The unfavorable temperatures and precipitation make this trek a pre and post monsoon season trek. Temperatures typically range from 5 to 12 degrees Celsius during the day, with substantially colder nights.
Is it safe?
Set amidst the high altitudes, concerns regarding Pindari GlacierTrek safety are indeed very valid questions. To brush off all the concerns we would like to confirm that the teams of Himalayan Hikers have calculated all the possible probabilities if anything goes off the schedule. All the new trails after the 2013 cloud burst have been repaired and completely furnished.
All of our professionals strive to provide the best experience possible for trekkers, so a collaborative contribution of a relaxed mindset and morally communicative behavior with fellow trekkers will be greatly appreciated.
The moderate journey of Pindari GlacierTrekwould precisely require a good camera concerning how good the views are. Because the top is relatively high in elevation, we strongly recommend a reasonable level of physical fitness.Weadvise trekkers to physically and mentally prepare themselves prior to this trek.
Any medical assistance that is required will be provided at any point of the journey; however, trekkers must consult their professional care before beginning any trek. We also strongly advise trekkers to learn about altitude sickness and to notify our teams as soon as any symptoms appear.
Weather conditions depend on the time of the year trekkers are travelling. Months from pre and post monsoon experience moderate temperatures during the day with substantially colder nights.
Easier trails with less confusing journey makes this trek a perfect summer and early winter trek. The weather during summers are quite favorable for trekking elevation and safer trails.
Things to carry
1) Because nights at elevations tend to be considerably colder, we suggest having well-graded, warm and comfortable clothing along with good quality shoes.
2) Despite the fact that we handle medical crises, we urge individuals to keep their emergency kits at hand in any case of personal underlying illnesses.
3) Since the journey provides you with a picturesque view of many peaks, don’t forget to bring your camera along with extra batteries.
4) Our staff will consult with fellow trekkers about their luggage and, if lacking, will assist trekkers in obtaining any necessary equipment. Only the relevant luggage should be brought, as a result.
Other trekking Essentials-
Connectivity and Transactions
1) Because connectivity along the route is unpredictable, we urge people to do all of their work ahead of time.
2) Trekkers will be provided with walkie- talkies beforehand in case of emergency
3) Last ATM transactions available will be at some stops after Kathgodam but we recommend travellers to collect cash beforehand or while in Kathgodam as ATM available at other places might not dispense cash at times.
How to Reach Pindari Glacier Trek
If you are travelling from any metropolitan city in India or from outside India, getting to the capital city of Delhi may be the first and most important step. All major modes of transportation, such as air, road, and rail, can take you to Delhi.
Kathgodam is connected to most major cities in India via all chief modes of transportation. Trekkers could perhaps conduct extensive research for their direct mode of transportation to ensure a much smoother arrival.
How to reach Kathgodam from Delhi
By air– Pantnagar Airport is the nearest airport to Kathgodam. It is well connected to Delhi with atleast 4 flights in a week. Cabs are easily available from the airport to Kathgodam.
By road-Delhi have direct road routes to Kathgodam. Trekkers will have to book either a bus or private cabs. Prior booking for cabs and bus are easily available at various sites.
By railway– Nearest Railway station to Kathgodam will be KathgodamRailway station. Since Kathgodam is connected to all major railway routes, trekkers can opt for a direct route or via Delhi.
.Some important points to note-
- Please note that we don’t provide timings schedules for transportation before Kathgodam. Subjected to various conditions the scheduled timings and availability of particular rides may differ. We recommend trekkers to reach out our teams for any queries. You can drop an email or call us for an initial guided session.
- Our teams will be collecting trekkers at fixed points of airports, railway stations and bus stands.
- It is recommended that unless any delay arrives, trekkers are advised to reach the destinations at least 2 hours prior.
Things Himalayan Hikers recommend
As previously stated, a camera, as well as spare batteries and memory cards, are recommended. We can assure and guarantee that you will be stopping frequently along the trail to observe the grandeur of the trekking experience.
We strongly recommend trekkers to prepare beforehand for the journey ahead. Regular practicing physical fitnessand mental endurance will surely assist trekkers in great time.
After the trek, we strongly encourage trekkers to tag us on social media when they post any memories from the trip; this will not only prove invaluable to us with our work, but will also serve as a motivational example for all of our experts.
Why you should choose us
We’re here to give you the greatest experience possible through the eyes of highly skilled and qualified specialists who have a passion for adventure sports. We are community members attempting to promote our favorite adventure sports while also supporting local businesses. We, at Himalayan hikers, dedicate ourselves to providing you with an unforgettable experience.
There are no reviews yet.