Sar Pass Trek a Great Summer or Winter Trek in Himachal
Sar Pass Trek is a stunning trek from Grahan village ending in Barhseini in Kullu Valley. The trek is recommended for all those who love adventure, snowy landscapes, and high mountains.
The trek starts from Kasol where you will PASS through pine forests, magnificent meadows, snow-capped mountains and some of the most jaw-dropping landscapes which make Sar Pass one of the best treks for beginners. You will also PASS by a frozen lake (Called Sar in the local dialect) from where it got its name.
The total trek distance is 48 km. Once you reach the PASS almost close to 14,000ft, the view from the PASS is absolutely breathtaking because of the majestic mountains of Parvati Valley.
This trek will surely give an Adrenalin rush and thrilling experience adorned with alpine forest, wildflowers and magical valleys.
PASS by a glacial Lake SAR himachali Pradesh
SAR means Lake in the local language, this trek which is at an altitude of 13,816 feet is named Sar Pass because you have to PASS by a glacial Lake “Sar”. It lies in Parvati valley of Himachal Pradesh and the starting point of this trek is Kasol.
Because of its ease of difficulty, this trek is ideal for first-time trekkers. It’s a classic choice for those who want to explore a variety of terrain all in one trek. This trail provides trekkers with a range of experiences, including forests, meadows, quaint villages, and snow-covered mountains.
- Experience the majestic views and local legends of these spectacular snowcapped peaks.
- Get a chance to explore the wild and exotic vegetation of Himalayas. Pink rhododendrons painting the trails at various points is a sight not to be missed
- Challenge yourself to explore the thrill of various ascends and descends.
- Immerse yourself in the breathtaking view from the top of Sar Pass.
- Lavish green meadows of Biskeri Thatch would exceptionally persuade you to yearn for more.
- Bring back a lot of souvenirs and memories from this journey.
Sar Pass Trek is an Ultimate Trek for Beginners
One can experience all kinds of trails, go through Himalayan old fashioned and alluring villages, wide and narrow meadows and forests.
You get to experience terrain varieties on this trek and its starting point is Kasol, away from cities. The people from different areas visit this place and it’s a famous tourist destination.
Beauty in Abundance in Sar Pass Trek
Sar Pass has got inherent beauty, peace and adventure, everything! Start from Kasol and trek through rich forest to reach Grahan village.
The views of Parvati valley are spell binding and will leave you speechless.
Trek through Biskeri Thach, a wide meadow and this trek will take you to the heavenly Sar Pass.
Some of the trek highlights
The base camp for this trek is Manali, which is located near the Parvatiriver’s banks in the Parvati valley. The trek to Sar officially begins in Kasol, a town well-known for its pretty coniferous forest and mountain streams. The trek trails through dense forests and progresses to a total snow-covered setting. The trail then further loops through pining forests, charming old-world villages, majestic snow-capped mountains, and some of the most breathtaking scenery.
Rhododendrons abound in the forest near the descent; trekkers can expect to be taken aback by the breathtaking scenery. The Nagaru campsite which is also the highest point during the entire trek is blessed with beautiful mountains across the Parvati valley. It arrives after theshepards trail of Mung Thatch.During the trek, hikers pass through several small meadows, most of which are grazed by villagers with their livestock
Things to Look out for-
- The trek is certain to provide unrivalled feelings of accomplishment.
- Various villages with many opportunities to interact with the locals will keep you entertained throughout the journey.
- Explore the enthralling forest of rhododendrons.
- Various ascents and descents will encourage you to put your endurance to the test and eventually overcome them.
- The panoramic view of snow-covered trails and peaks from the top is well worth the effort trekkers will expend on their journey.
- Camping under the clear night sky filled with stars is an experience in and of itself
Before heading towards the itinerary, it is really essential to perceive the reason behind choosing the Sar Pass
Sar Pass trek is a high-altitude mountain trek Altitudes is 4200 Meters
The Starting trail is easy to moderate as compare to other treks this is an easy to moderate trek. So, this trek is for beginners, or family or school tour. First time can easily do this trek.
Need proper gear & clothing for sub-zero temperature?
You got to see so many heavenly bodies at one place like the panoramic view of the mountains of Parvati Valley, you can see pine forests, different variety of flora and fauna surPASSing
I think Do spare time in Interaction with our local’s team, and you will get to know about some of the ancient tales of Indian mythology and our local cultures, this is good ideas for trekkers
Beautiful landscapes so carry proper photo gear & Extra battery backup.
The backpack should not exceed 12 kg only
Key Points of Sar Pass Trek
Duration: – 4 Nights 05 days from Kasol to Kasol
Base camp: – Grahan base camp
Summer Temperature: – 13°C to 17°C and Night: 0°C to 7°C
Sar Pass Altitude – 4200 m
Best Time: – May – October
Trek Level: – Moderate
Trek distance: – On foot 48m – By taxi 74km by Taxi
Group Size: – a minimum 5 people maximum 15 people
The altitude covered in Sar Pass trek
Manali – 1700 m
Grahan base Camp- 2350 m
Mung Thatch- 3400 m
Sar Pass- 4200 m
Biskeri Thatch- 3350 m
Barsheini- 2400 m
Short Itinerary of Sar Pass Trek
Day 1: Pick up to you from the Manali. Reach Kasol and the trek to Grahan Village i.(39km by Taxi) (3hours journey)(1700m)- Kasol(10km by foot)(4/5Km by Foot)(2350m)- Grahan
Day 2: Trek from Grahan to Mung Thatch (7km) ( 4/5 hours) (3400m)
Day 3: Trek from Mung Thatch to Naguru (8km) (4/5 hours) (3800m)
Day 4: Trek from Naguru – Sar Pass to Biskeri Thatch (14km) (6/8hours) (6 hours) (33500m)
Day 5: Trek from Biskeri Thatch to Barsheini (10m) (4/5hours) (2400m)
Best Time to Visit Sar Pass Trek
Both the ascent and the descent of Sar Pass are moderately challenging. The best time to hike these paths is from May to October. The clear skies of May and June create a fantastic picture-perfect panorama of trails and meadows.Temperatures typically range from 13 to 17 degrees Celsius during the day, with substantially colder nights.
Summers have generally mild weather with little to no precipitation, whereas monsoons have moderate to heavy rainfall.
1) Detailed Itinerary
2)Is it safe
5)Things to carry
6)Connectivity and transaction
7)includes and excludes
8)How to reach
Is it safe Trek ?
Set amidst the high altitude ranges, concerns regarding Sar Pass trek safety are indeed very valid questions. We have all the possible probabilities calculated if anything goes off the schedule.
At every stop point of the journey, trekkers will be going through a proper guided session informing them about the upcoming terrains. All our professional strive their best to provide trekkers with the best experience possible.
Even though the top is relatively moderate in elevation, we still recommend a reasonable level of physical fitness. We strongly advise trekkers to physically and mentally prepare themselves prior to this trek. Throughout the course, all groups will be guided by our experts for trekking equipment and any impending terrain.
Any medical assistance if needed will be provided at any point of journey, trekkers shall consult their medical help, before commencing any trek. We also strongly advise trekkers to educate themselves about altitude sickness and to notify our teams as soon as any symptoms appear.
Weather conditions depend on the time of the year trekkers are travelling. Months from May to October experience moderate temperatures during the day with substantially colder nights.
Things to carry
1) Because nights at elevations tend to be considerably colder, we suggest having well-graded, warm and comfortable clothing along with good quality shoes.
2) Despite the fact that we handle medical crises, we urge individuals to keep their emergency kits at hand in any case of personal underlying illnesses.
3) Since the journey provides you with a picturesque view of many peaks, don’t forget to bring your camera along with extra batteries.
4) Our staff will consult with fellow trekkers about their luggage and, if lacking, will assist trekkers in obtaining any necessary equipment. Only the relevant luggage should be brought, as a result.
Other trekking Essentials-
Connectivity and Transactions
1) Because connectivity along the route is unpredictable, we urge people to do all of their work ahead of time.
2) Trekkers will be provided with walkie- talkies beforehand in case of emergency
3) Last ATM transactions available will be at Kasol but we recommend travellers to collect cash beforehand or while in Manali as ATM available at other places might not dispense cash at times.
How to Reach Sar Pass Trek
If you are travelling from any metropolitan city in India or from outside India, getting to the capital city of Delhi may be the first and most important step. All major modes of transportation, such as air, road, and rail, can take you to Delhi.
Manali is connected to most major cities in India via all chief modes of transportation. Trekkers could perhaps conduct extensive research for their direct mode of transportation to ensure a much smoother arrival.
How to reach Manali from Delhi
By air– Bhuntar, which is 52 km away from Manali, is the nearest airport and is will connected to Delhi. Taxi services are available from Bhuntar to Manali, with reasonable cost.
By road-Delhi have direct road routes to Manali. To reach Manali via road all the way from Delhi would include frequent stops. Trekkers will have to book either a bus or private cabs. Prior booking for cabs and bus are easily available at various sites.
Delhi>Manali (meet our teams)>Kasol
By railway– There is no fixed railway route from Delhi to Manali. Some trains to Manali may track up to Jogindernagar, the closest railhead to Manali. The drive from Jogindernagar to Manali, via Mandi and Bhuntar, takes about 3 to 4 hours. The Kalka Railway Station at the foot of the Himalayan range connects Manali to New Delhi in an indirect manner; trekkers can book a cab to reach manali after they arrive at Kalka station.
.Some important points to note-
- Please note that we don’t provide timings schedules for transportation before Manali. Subjected to various conditions the scheduled timings and availability of particular rides may differ. We recommend trekkers to reach out our teams for any queries. You can drop an email or call us for an initial guided session.
- Our teams will be collecting trekkers at fixed points of airports, railway stations and bus stands.
- It is recommended that unless any delay arrives, trekkers are advised to reach the destinations at least 2 hours prior.
Things Himalayan Hikers recommend
As previously stated, a camera, as well as spare batteries and memory cards, are recommended. We can assure and guarantee that you will be stopping frequently along the trail to observe the grandeur of the trekking experience.
We strongly recommend trekkers to prepare beforehand for the journey ahead. Regular practicing physical fitnessand mental endurance will surely assist trekkers in great time.
After the trek, we strongly encourage trekkers to tag us on social media when they post any memories from the trip; this will not only prove invaluable to us with our work, but will also serve as a motivational example for all of our experts.
Why you should choose us
We’re here to give you the greatest experience possible through the eyes of highly skilled and qualified specialists who have a passion for adventure sports. We are community members attempting to promote our favorite adventure sports while also supporting local businesses. We, at Himalayan hikers, dedicate ourselves to providing you with an unforgettable experience.
What do we do for safety in Sar Pass trek ?
First of all, the safety of trekkers is much more for us, if you see in the trek, then there are all the risks, which I do not think about.
Himalayan Hikers worry more about you that no one should ever have any problem in the trek.
What should we and you keep more safety in the trek
- Whenever you are going for any trek, it is very important that you go completely fit and ready.
- Sar Pass trek is Moderate, if you make your feet and your mind calm and strong, you will find the trek very easy.
- While trekking, keep in mind that you are walking on the right route or not always with your guide.
- Most people look somewhere and where they are walking, this can cause twitching in your legs, which can ruin your entire trek.
- It is important to ask your doctor if you have any medical problems
- I should always keep my medical kit with me, it is very important.
- Himalayan Hikers always keep a medical kit with you, such as oxygen cylinders, medicine to be given in emergency on the trek
- If any trekkers have any more problems, then they are brought back to the base camp by laying them in the stretcher.
- Our Sar pass trek camp is around the 6000 ft to 11,000 feet where you can not have any problem of oxygen, this is tree line area
- In case of any medical problem, the help of your guide or a well-informed trekkers should be taken
- If there is major health problems in this trek , then Nearest Hospital is in Manali/Bhunter which is about 67 Kms away from Sar pass trek
- Our camps also move forward day by day and our bodies also work with the altitudes that are safe for trekkers
- Along with the trek we keep getting acclimatization
- Himalayan Hikers always take care of their trekkers anyway it is one of our local trek where we live everyday