At an astounding height of 6111m Yunam Peak Expedition in Lahaul district of Himachal Pradesh is a majestic towering peak situated among the Himalayan Mountains. Located near the famous Baralacha Pass this peak is one of the renowned 6000m+ peaks competing in domains of Stoke Kangri, Kang yatse 1, Dzo Jongo and many more. Though less climbed compared to its many competitors, Yunam Peak offers a great deal of adventure and thrill to its explorers.
Jam packed with variable terrains, challenging conditions and frequent equipment uses; Yunam expedition is nothing less than a dream to aspiring mountaineers. The top view of this peak establishes a fantastic view of the C.B range and Mulkilla range.
Despite its difficulty, the trek crosses off a lot of hikers’ “To Do” lists. To reach the peak’s summit, climbers must navigate steep ice passes, crevasse glaciers, rock fall areas, and a ridge. Due to its difficulty, this trek is only open to trekkers who have had previous experience on similar terrain. Snow-covered trails and rugged terrain would require a thorough understanding of hiking equipment.
- Experience the best of Yunam peak
- Get a panoramic view of many snow covered peaks visible form the top.
- Test your endurance limits both physically and mentally
- High altitude accompanied with chilling winds, the trek throws obstacles at every inch of its trail
Key Points of Yunam Peak Expedition
|Duration||6 Nights 7 Days (please keep a day or two spare for the schedule considering, acclimatization and weather conditions)|
|Terrain Type||Forest, steep hills, morrains|
|Temperature||Day (13°C to 18° C) Night (0°C to 7°C)|
|Trek Weather||Winters are covered with snow summits and peaks whereas summers experience higher temperatures|
|Best Time:||May, June, October, November|
|Group Size:||A minimum group size of 5 people and a maximum of 30 people.|
(In case anyone wants to book a private tour for their friends and family we provide a different procedure for it)
Some of the trek highlights of Yunam Peak Expedition
The famous Yunam peak is located in the far rugged regions of the Himalayas in Himachal. The sparely scattered vegetation and difficult terrain allows this peak to be terrifying to expedite. Only few kilometers away from Yunam base camp lays the intersection pathways of Ladhak, Lahaul and Spiti. Traversing through the route of these barren lands, covered in random patches of emerald lakes, can be a very fascinating and terrifying experience all together.
The trek commences from Bharatpur which will be reached from Manali via Jispa. Trekkers will be covering the drive through the famous Baralacha La Pass to reach the destination of Bharatpur. As the trekkers move further with their journey, they will be coming across many morrains, steep ascents and several streams and all these just to reach the base camp. The morally boosted start to summit will push trekkers to overcome their limits. At the top, hikers will be reacted with the views of astounding Himalayan ranges like C.B ranges and Mulkilla range, the views will stretch as far as Zanskar ranges
Things to Look out for-
- The trek is certain to provide unrivalled feelings of accomplishment.
- Souviners from Manali are great for memories.
- There are countless photogenic peaks, so we recommend that you prepare yourself for any aesthetic shoots. The best pictures are those taken under a blue sky with snow-covered peaks in the background.
View during the journey in Yunam Peak Expedition
Top of the summit provides the views of high and mighty C.B ranges along with a spectacular view of Mulkilla ranges. The views stretch as far as to Zanskar ranges.
Emerald blue lakes scattered like patches over the barren lands while on the drive to Jispa and Bharatpur are some of the most fascinating parts of this trek.
Nearby places to visit in Yunam Peak Expedition
Trekkers are most likely recommended extending their stay at Manali and explore the city in its finest prime. Owning to its name as popular tourist destination, Manali provides a variety of attractions to explore. Sites like Hidimba Devi temple and Vashist Kund can surely make trekkers to extend their stay.
While on their drive to Jispa and Bharatpur trekkes will be coming across Spiti valley, the striking contrast in its environment can surely help trekkers in bookmarking their new expedition.
The altitude covered in Yunam Peak Expedition
- Base camp-5200m
- Summit- 6111m
Best Time to Visit Yunam Peak Expedition
Both the ascent and the descent of Yunam peak are challenging as the trekkers hike upwards. The best time to hike these paths is during the months of June to September. The unfavorable temperatures and precipitation make this trek a pre- and post-monsoon season trek. Temperatures typically range from 13 to 18 degrees Celsius during the day, with substantially colder nights.
1) Is it safe?
2) Difficulty level
3) Weather conditions
4) Things to carry
5) Connectivity and transaction
6) Includes and excludes
7) How to reach
8) Short Itinerary
Is it safe (Yunam Peak Expedition)?
Set amidst the high altitudes, concerns regarding Yunam peak Expedition safety are indeed very valid questions. To brush off all the concerns we would like to confirm that the teams of Himalayan Hikers have calculated all the possible probabilities if anything goes off the schedule.
All of our professionals strive to provide the best experience possible for trekkers, so a collaborative contribution of a relaxed mindset and morally communicative behavior with fellow trekkers will be greatly appreciated.
Difficulty level in Yunam Peak Expedition
Because the top is relatively high in elevation, we strongly recommend a reasonable level of physical fitness. The arduous journey of Yunam peak Expedition with longer distances and ascending elevations to be covered in a short span of time would require acclimatization. We advise trekkers to physically and mentally prepare themselves prior to this trek. Throughout the course, all groups will be guided by our experts for trekking equipment and any impending terrain.
Any medical assistance that is required will be provided at any point of the journey; however, trekkers must consult their professional care before beginning any trek. We also strongly advise trekkers to learn about altitude sickness and to notify our teams as soon as any symptoms appear.
Weather conditions in Yunam Peak Expedition
Weather conditions depend on the time of the year trekkers are travelling. Months from pre and post monsoon experience moderate temperatures during the day with substantially colder nights. As elevation increases the weather conditions can become challenging hence trekkers are advised to contact us for a briefing.
Things to carry in Yunam Peak Expedition
1) Because nights at elevations tend to be considerably colder, we suggest having well-graded, warm and comfortable clothing along with good quality shoes.
2) Despite the fact that we handle medical crises, we urge individuals to keep their emergency kits at hand in any case of personal underlying illnesses.
3) Since the journey provides you with a picturesque view of many peaks, don’t forget to bring your camera along with extra batteries.
4) Our staff will consult with fellow trekkers about their luggage and, if lacking, will assist trekkers in obtaining any necessary equipment. Only the relevant luggage should be brought, as a result.
Other trekking Essentials-
Connectivity and Transactions
1) Because connectivity along the route is unpredictable, we urge people to do all of their work ahead of time.
2) Trekkers will be provided with walkie- talkies beforehand in case of emergency
3) Last ATM transactions available will be at some stops after Manali but we recommend travelers to collect cash beforehand or while in Manali as ATM available at other places might not dispense cash at times.
How to Reach in Yunam Peak Expedition
If you are travelling from any metropolitan city in India or from outside India, getting to the capital city of Delhi may be the first and most important step. All major modes of transportation, such as air, road, and rail, can take you to Delhi.
Manali is connected to most major cities in India via all chief modes of transportation. Trekkers could perhaps conduct extensive research for their direct mode of transportation to ensure a much smoother arrival.
How to reach Manali from Delhi
By air– Manali Airport is the nearest airport to Manali. It is well connected to Delhi and many chief cities with daily flights.
By road-Delhi have direct road routes to Manali. Trekkers will have to book either a bus or private cabs. Prior booking for cabs and bus are easily available at various sites.
Delhi> Manali >Jispa>Bharatpur
By railway– Nearest Railway station to Manali will be Manali Railway station. Since Manali is connected to all major railway routes, trekkers can opt for a direct route or via Delhi.
.Some important points to note-
- Please note that we don’t provide timings schedules for transportation before Manali. Subjected to various conditions the scheduled timings and availability of particular rides may differ. We recommend trekkers to reach out our teams for any queries. You can drop an email or call us for an initial guided session.
- Our teams will be collecting trekkers at fixed points of airports, railway stations and bus stands.
- It is recommended that unless any delay arrives, trekkers are advised to reach the destinations at least 2 hours prior.
Short itinerary of Yunam Peak Expedition
Note: – Our service will remain from Manali to Manali – for more details please check includes or excludes
|Day 1||Manali to Jispa|
|Day 2||Jispa to Bharatpur|
|Day 3||Acclimatization day|
|Day 4||Bharatpur to Base camp|
|Day 5||Acclimatization day|
|Day 6||Base camp to summit|
|Day 7||Base camp to Bharatpur and then back to Manali|
Things Himalayan Hikers Recommend
As previously stated, a camera, as well as spare batteries and memory cards, are recommended. We can assure and guarantee that you will be stopping frequently along the trail to observe the grandeur of the trekking experience.
We strongly recommend trekkers to prepare beforehand for the journey ahead. Regular practicing physical fitness and mental endurance will surely assist trekkers in great time.
After the trek, we strongly encourage trekkers to tag us on social media when they post any memories from the trip; this will not only prove invaluable to us with our work, but will also serve as a motivational example for all of our experts.
Why you should choose Us
We’re here to give you the greatest experience possible through the eyes of highly skilled and qualified specialists who have a passion for adventure sports. We are community members attempting to promote our favorite adventure sports while also supporting local businesses. We, at Himalayan hikers, dedicate ourselves to providing you with an unforgettable experience.