Kanamo Peak Trek in Spiti Valley, Himachal Pradesh
Trek to the one of the spellbinding “Kanamo Peak”. It lies amidst high ridges at an altitude of 5964 meters. Kanamo means ‘White Lady’. This peak can be approached and does not require any mountaineering skills and can be climbed properly if one is acclimatized.
This trek is in Spiti Valley and starts from the village Kibber . No doubt, the Himalayas have enchanting beauty, bracing climate and desirable soothing green meadow. So, what else can be better than spending some days here in the serenity!!
Surpassing Panorama Views Kibber or Kaza Valley in Kanamo Peak Trek
There is a sudden altitude gain, basically you start from 13,000 ft (4300m) that is from the Kibber Village and then goes till 19,600 ft (5960m) the summit of the Kanamo Peak.
On this trek, experience the vistas of nature and closer view of the Spiti valley.
One will get to see the beautiful ranges of Lahaul and Spiti and Kinnaur from the height of 19,600 ft. The trail is exceptionally beautiful at the same time very difficult.
It is a fascinating trek with a different quality of Himalaya’s i.e. barren mountain desert with sparse vegetation with a touch of snow. Quite an eye opener giving a different vibe to the scenery.
Kanamo Peak Trek Go through Villages Kibber
On the way come across some beautiful villages of Spiti. The villages ahead Kaza and Kibber have fields between mountain desert which are cultivated with wheat and green peas.
In the month of August they are harvested. Go through boulder and moraine region which makes this trek tricky,
Meet the beautiful and welcoming people of the land and visit the ancient monasteries and walk through villages. On the way, you will stop at the exotic villages of Spiti.
Witness the green patches amidst the mountain desert which definitely take your breath away.
The desert has been a motherland to thousands of Tibetans belonging to the Mahayana sect of Narayana Buddhism brimming with an authentic insight of Spitian Culture enclosed with traditional dance, dresses, home stays, architectures, local cuisine and songs deeply rooted, into the diversity of Spiti.
The trail is rough throughout that is mix of snow, boulder moraine and scree and it is meant for the experienced trekkers who had done high altitude trekking before and not meant for beginners.
Good level of fitness is required and one should do few high-altitude treks which adds to the bonus.
Why to choose Kanamo Peak Trek?
See firstly, the trekking distance is a total of 484 km by Taxi and on foot 27 km which is to be covered into the 6 days. Manali – Kibber- Kanamo Base Camp- Kanamo Peak- Kanamo Base Camp- back Kibber- Manali
Before heading towards the itinerary, it is really essential to perceive the reason behind choosing the Kanamo Peak Trek
Kanamo Peak Trek is a high-altitude mountain trek Altitude is 5964 Meters
The Starting trail is difficult to challenging. So, this trek is for the people who have done high altitude treks before. Not meant for beginners, or family or school tour
Need proper gear & clothing for sub-zero temperature?
You got to see so many heavenly bodies at one place like the panoramic view of the Himalayan ranges, like Lahaul and Spiti Range Pir Panjal Range, Kinnauri Range
I think Do spare time in Interaction with our local’s team, and you will get to know about some of the ancient tales of Indian mythology and our local cultures, this is good ideas for trekkers
Beautiful landscapes so carry proper photo gear & Extra battery backup.
The backpack should not exceed 12 kg only
Best Time to visit Kanamo peak Trek
Kanamo peak trek is a very beautiful and an uphill trek in the Sipti valley in Himachal, The Kanamo peak trek Trek is great for those people who have a great passion for high altitude expedition, mountaineering and consider it a special purpose in their life.
We are the local people who are doing this trek for years, we have every experience related to this trek.
The right time to do this trek is from 5th June to last week of October.
specially in the months of May and June, snow is found in abundance here, which makes your trek very memorable and also a little difficult. So this trek should not be considered too easy
Kanamo peak trek in June to October
Kanamo peak trek Month in June, July, Aug, sep, October, gives a slightly different experience to Trekkers because in month of june you start getting snow after Kibber Village.
The Rupin Pass trek starts from Kibbar village and its end point same Kibber Village.
In June, July, August you get a combination of both greenery and snow, which makes the trek very spectacular. The weather in June is quite good and trek friendly, which makes trekking a lot of fun.
During the day the temperature of Kanamo peak trek is around ( 5°C to 10 °C and during the night the temperature comes down to -1 °C to -2 °C which is not bad.
Views and treks in Kanamo peak trek provide a lot of peace to the mind during the day, while you wake up from one wake to another, Kanamo peak trek can always be one of the most close treks in your heart.
You will never consider yourself boring in Rupin Pass Trek, this trek can give you nothing but joy, You will get to see the culture Loahul -Spiti valley and beauty this trek which will always keep you connected towards the mountain.
Kanamo peak trek in September or October
Kanamo peak trek is a little different in the months of September and October, this is because you will getting snow only kanamo peak summit
But the beauty of the trek will not be lacking, the trek and nature adorn themselves with time and in different colors. Month of September and October are very good days to trek, at this time total greenery and at the end of October sometimes you can get to see live snow fall.
During the day the temperature of Kanamo peak trek is around Day time 7°C to 12 °C and during the night the temperature comes down to 5 °C to –3 °C which is very confirmable,
At this time the weather here will be very good for you , At this time it is even safe to trek here and there is no rain.
How Difficult is Kanamo peak trek?
Kanamo peak trek is not very difficult this is high altitude trek , this trek comes in a moderate and difficult level, I myself have done this trek sometimes with me, people who are trekking for the first time, we have done the entire trek, they used to need help somewhere, which we and our team used to help.
This trek is a bit difficult, but if your fitness is good and you have it in your mind that I want to trek then you can do it absolutely. Where help is needed, our guides will support you, you just have to be strong and capable of the trek. One thing is that all you can do is to have courage and I myself am passionate.
What should you keep in mind for the Kanamo peak trek?
Kanamo peak trek is as good as it is said, you also need to be prepared., this trek is a r moderate or Difficult trek So what are the special things to keep in mind before coming on this trek?
Kanamo Peak Trek is one such trek, which you can do in the months of June, Jalai, August, September and October.
- Kanamo peak trek is not in winter trek , the right time to do this trek is from June to last week of October only
- It snows around 6 to 8 feet in the winter season and it can be very risky to go here
- We have special treks for you for winters that are safe and beautiful
Such as – Kedarkantha Trek, Har ki dun Trek, Dayara Bugyal Trek, Kuari Pass Trek, Brahmatal Trek, Dodital Trek, Vijay Top Trek, Nag Tibba Trek and many more.
- Summer trek to Kanamo peak trek is very special, the view and the temperature are all favorable to you
- For summer trek, you have to bring good and worm clothes, so that your trek can be good, there is no need for more hot clothes, but in hiking it is also necessary to bring all the equipment which is necessary for you.
- It is necessary to have 3 pairs of clothes from trekking, especially the poncho, you will have to bring every season
- In the summer season, the temperature is always goo day time , only morning or evening cold so there is need for hot clothes.
- Kanamo Peak Trek happens only in the monsoon season but there is no rain in Spiti so people mostly prefer to do Kanamo Peak in July and August
- During the monsoon season, it rains occasionally during the Kanamo Peak Trek, especially in the At this time you have to bring at least 3 pairs of clothes, for monsoon trek you do have to bring too good warm clothes, and summer season clothes at this time you, hiking pants and t-Sart, I can trek
- It’s only a little cold in the morning and evening and the day is a good temperature for you
- Before going on any trek, it will be easy for you to take information related to each season.
- Trekkers need to know about these, you can ask us anytime like, Kanamo Peak Trek route, trek map, temperature, weather condition, difficulty level, trek starting point, end point, transport, view of the trek, best time to visit, How to reach, trek distance etc, Trek Location, keep this information before going
Kanamo peak trek – Weather conditions depend on the time of the year trekkers are travelling. Months from june to October experience moderately good temperatures during the day with substantially colder nights.
The weather changes in Kanamo Peak Trek, so we have to prepare ourselves accordingly when we want to trek
Connectivity and Transactions
1) Because connectivity along the route is unpredictable, we urge people to do all of their work ahead of time.
2) Trekkers will be provided with walkie- talkies beforehand in case of emergency
3) last ATM transactions available will be at Manali or Kaza but we recommend travellers to collect cash beforehand or while in Manali as ATM available at other places might not dispense cash at time
Will there be electricity in Kanmo peak
Let me tell you that there is no electricity in the Kanamo peak trek. Here we use Stobe Light and or Solar Light, candal light at the nights
If you come on this trek, then you should bring your own head light and your camera with full charge, if possible, it would be good to bring extra battery backup, and also bring the phone after full charge, today people most of the phone use the same.
Trekkers charge your phone’s battery at night in Kibber village so that you do not have any problem in trek kanamo peak
Key Points of Kanamo Peak Trek
Duration: – 6 Nights 7 Days from Manali to Manali
Base camp: – Kibber Village
Summer Temperature: – 7°C to 13°C and Night: -2°C to 4°C
Altitude: – 5964 m
Best Time: – June, July, Aug, Sep, October
Trek Level: – Moderate to Difficult
Trek distance: – On foot 27 km – By taxi 442 by Taxi both way
Group Size: – A minimum 5 people maximum 15 people
Altitude we are going to cover per day
Manali- 2050 meters
Kibber base camp- 4300 meters
Kanamo base camp- 4800 meters
Kanamo Peak- 5964 meters
Short Itinerary of Kanamo Peak
Day 1: Pick up to you from Manali and then drive to Kibber village (215 km) (8/9 Hours) (3700 m) overnight stay Hotel
Day 2: Acclimatization at Kibber Village explore day
Day 3: Trek from Kibber to Kanamo base camp (5 km) (6/7 hours) (4800 m)
Day 4: Acclimatization at Kibber
Day 5: Trek from Kanamo Base camp to Kanamo Peak summit (18 km) (12/13 hours) (5964 m)
Day 6: Trek from Kanamo Base to Kibber village (5 km by foot) (4/5 hours)
Day 7: Drive From Kibber village to Manali (201 km) (4/5 hours) (2050 m)
How to Reach Manali for Kanamo Peak in Himachal ?
If you are coming to trek to Kanamo Peak, then first of all you have to reach Manali.
Manali is a beautiful smart city in the Kullu district of Himachal Pradesh, situated in the Parvati valley, on the way from Bhuntar airport to Manikaran, on the banks of the Parvati river. which is a very popular place
Manali With tourists coming from all corners of the country and the world, manali has been a personal favorite of hundreds of trekkers and hipsters. If you are planning a trekking trip from himachal manali, then you must definitely know how to reach Manali . Reaching manali is not a problem, it is very easy as it enjoys excellent connectivity with many neighboring states through various modes of transport.
Air travel details
The nearest airport to manali is Kullu Manali Airport which is also known as Bhuntar Airport in Kullu District. Daily flights connect the airport with the capital of the country, Delhi. Delhi is the only airport for you here, from where there is a direct flight, manali is just 51 km from Bhuntar airport, from where you can come comfortably by taxi and it will take you about 1 hour to reach manali. . Looking for Delhi to manali flight? For tourists coming from other countries, you can take a flight to Delhi’s Indira Gandhi International Airport. From there, you can either opt for Bus, Cab 531 kms with a journey of 10 hrs) or you can take another flight from Indira Gandhi International Airport to Bhuntar
How to reach by road?
manali can be reached through excellent road facility. Yes it does take time but it is also very good NH-3 is the main road leading to Manali city. A road trip should be as pleasant and enjoyable as that of manali. You can opt for self-drive to reach manali , or hire a taxi. Provides Aadhaar for people coming from Delhi and Chandigarh from long distances. There are many agencies that give you vehicles on rent for manali and which you can find in Delhi and Chandigarh. In addition, there are daily buses from Kashmeri Gate ISBT in Delhi to manali. You can also come here and book Volvo special buses, most of which are semi-sleeper, which cost around Rs.1000 to Rs.1500 per seat. There are. This journey takes approximately 11 to 12 hours to reach manali
By Road – Delhi to manali Distance is – 537 kms
By Road – Chandigarh to manali distance is – 307 kms
By Road – Amritsar to manali distance is – 449 kms
By Road – Shimla to manali distance is – 461 kms
By Road – Haryana to manali distance is – 521 kms
By Road – Lucknow to Manali Distance is 1094 kms
By Road – Ambala to Manali Distance is 339 kms
What do we do for safety in Kanamo peak trek?
First of all, the safety of trekkers is much more for us, if you see in the trek, then there are all the risks, which I do not think about.
Himalayan Hikers worry more about you that no one should ever have any problem in the trek.
What should we and you keep more safety in the trek
- Whenever you are going for any trek, it is very important that you go completely fit and ready.
- The trek is difficult, if you make your feet and your mind calm and strong, you will find the trek very easy.
- While trekking, keep in mind that you are walking on the right route or not always with your guide.
- Most people look somewhere and where they are walking, this can cause twitching in your legs, which can ruin your entire trek.
- It is important to ask your doctor if you have any medical problems
- I should always keep my medical kit with me, it is very important.
- Himalayan Hikers always keep a medical kit with you, such as oxygen cylinders, medicine to be given in emergency on the trek
- If any trekkers have any more problems, then they are brought back to the base camp by laying them in the stretcher.
- Our camp in Kanamo peak trek is around the 12,000ft to 18,000 ft where you can not have any big problem of oxygen
- In case of any medical problem, the help of your guide or a well-informed trekkers should be taken
- If there is major health problems in Kanamo peak trek, then Nearest Hospital is in Kaza District which is about 25 to 35 Kms away from Kanamo peak Expedition.
- Remember that when we go on any trek, we go from low altitude to high altitude, it does not cause much problem on us.
- Our camps also move forward day by day and our bodies also work with the altitudes that are safe for trekkers
- Along with the trek we keep getting acclimatization