Kashmir Great Lakes Grandeur of Kashmir Valley
Kashmir Ghati has always been compared to heaven because of its exotic beauty and fascinating places; untouched and serene. The Kashmir Great Lakes is an extremely beautiful trek because of “Five Alpine Lakes” in a series attitude is 13850 feet.
Their beauty is incomparable! During the trek, go through the lavish meadows, get panorama views of the mountains and explore the aqua-green alpine lakes. Certainly, each day on this trek is perfect!
Yes Kashmir great lakes are one of the more beautiful Treks in INDIA.
The bliss is the heavenly meadows of Kashmir. A number of pine and maple trees grow here. Further, below Gadsar pass wildflowers grow in abundance and ahead the fields of Satsar are plain.
Moreover, the lakes are fed by snow patches.
So, experience the grandeur of Kashmir Great Lakes Trek and add it in Diary of your Himalayan Journey!
.On the trek every day you can see 70-degree views, beautiful meadows alpine lakes.
The view of Gadsar pass trek in Kashmir Great Lakes Trek
Get Amazed On Kashmir Great Lakes Trek
All of the lakes are amazing but Gadsar amongst all is untouched because of its high altitude (13800 feet above.
It lies against a glacier and surrounded by a meadow where wildflowers grow in abundance.
Therefore, it perfectly adds beauty to the picturesque valley.
The high Gadsar Pass offers lovely valley views and offers the sight of Kishansar and Vishansar– The two Lakes.
On the other hand lies lavish grasslands of Gadsar valley.
Best Time to Do Kashmir Great Lakes Trek
Kashmir great lakes trek is a very beautiful and an moderate trek in the Kashmir valley , Kashmir great lakes trek is great for those people who have a great passion for mountaineering. Hills and consider it a special purpose in their life.
We are are doing this trek for years Kashmir great lakes trek , we have every experience related to this trek. The right time to do this trek is from 5th june to the last of September, specially in the months of June, green and coluerfull bugyal meadows, snow is found in abundance here, which makes your trek very memorable
During the day the temperature of Kashmir great lakes trek is around ( 05°C to 18 °C and during the night the temperature comes down to 03 °C to 08 °C which is not bad.
You will never consider yourself boring in Kashmir great lakes trek, this trek can give you nothing but joy, You will get to see the culture and beauty of Kashmir valley in this trek which will always keep you connected towards the mountain.
How Difficult is Kashmir great lakes trek ?
Kashmir great lakes trek is not very difficult and not easy either, this trek comes in a moderate level,
This trek is a bit moderate , but if your fitness is good and you have it in your mind that I want to trek then you can do it absolutely. Where help is needed, our guides will support you, you just have to be strong and capable of the trek. One thing is that all you can do is to have courage and I myself am passionate.
Kashmir great lakes trek safe for me ?
Yes Kashmir great lakes Trek is a safe trek if you are going with a good trekking team which you must know before booking yourself, It is important for you to know that the bow trekking organization with which we are going is right or not,
And if possible, trek with local trekking organization, you can do the same help all the time. then your trek can be very good and memorable
The minimum age required to trek Kashmir great lakes trek is 10 years and maximum 55 years. The rest depends on your fitness .
Unusual Attractions of KGL Satsar Lake in Kashmir Great Lakes Trek
The meadows of Satsar are surreal and a stream flows through them. Satsar Lake is an addition to the beauty of the valley.
In addition, another attraction of this trek is the descent from Gangabal.
During the downhill, the trek gets the most surpassing views. Look backward and spot lofty Harmukh peak.
Further witness yellow flowers growing together and a single hut, this setting is idyllic. These settings can only be found in Kashmir.
Also, The Satsar Lake and green Bugyal are more beautiful Greenland in Kashmir valley; this is beautiful place stands in between high snow-covered peaks which together make an excellent sight.
On the other hand, the meadows remain covered in snow.
So, consequently, it turns out to be the most fantastic Monsoon trek in Kashmir valley. And, also an excellent Skiing destination.
Why to choose Kashmir Great Lakes Trek?
Before heading towards the itinerary, it is really essential to perceive the reason behind choosing Kashmir great lakes trek.
See firstly, the trekking distance is a total of by taxi 125 Km Srinagar to Srinagar and on foot 34 km which is to be covered into 6 nights 7 days. From Srinagar to Srinagar
Kashmir Great Lakes trek is a low altitude mountain trek Altitudes is 13850 feet
The Starting trail is easy to moderate as compared to other treks this is a Moderate trek. So this trek is best for family and beginners.
Need proper gear & clothing for sub-zero temperature?
Probably, You got to see so many heavenly bodies at one place like the panoramic view of the Himalayan ranges in Kashmir Ghati, you can see pine forests, different variety of flora and fauna beautiful twins lakes surpassing through bona fide Kashmiri culture.
Also, Do spare time in Interaction with our local’s team, and you will get to know about some of the ancient tales of Indian mythology and our local cultures, this is good ideas for trekkers
Beautiful landscapes so carry proper photo gear & Extra battery backup.
The backpack should not exceed 12 kg only
Trekker carry your Photo ID, Adhar Card, Passport, Visa, for entry at forest check posts on the trek it is very important
What should you keep in mind for the Monsoon trek to Kashmir Great lakes Trek ?
Kashmir Great lakes Trek is as good as it is said, you also need to be prepared., Kashmir Great lakes Trek is a Moderate trek which starts from Srinagar and ends after trek same point ,
So what are the special things to keep in mind before coming on this trek?
- Summer trek to Kashmir Great lakes Trek is very special, the view and the temperature are all favorable to you
- For summer trek, you have to bring only normal clothes, so that your trek can be good, there is no need for hot clothes, but in hiking it is also necessary to bring all the equipment which is necessary for you.
- It is necessary to have 2 pairs of clothes from trekking, especially the poncho, you will have to bring every season
- In the summer season, the temperature is always normal, so there is no need for hot clothes.
- During the monsoon season, it rains occasionally during the Kashmir Great lakes Trek, especially in the Kashmir valley, so if you have dry clothes here, it is very good, even when wet, it dries quickly.
- At this time you have to bring at least 3 pairs of clothes, for monsoon trek you do not have to bring too warm clothes, at this time you, hiking pants and t-Sart, I can trek
- It’s only a little cold in the morning and evening and the day is a good temperature for you
- Before going on any trek, it will be easy for you to take information related to each season.
- Trekkers need to know about these, you can ask us anytime like, trek route, trek map, temperature, weather condition, difficulty level, trek starting point, end point, transport, view of the trek, best time to visit, How to reach, trek distance etc, Trek Location, keep this information before going
Altitude we are going to cover in Kashmir Great Lakes Trek
Srinagar – 1585 Meter
Shirked – 7780 feet)
Nichnai – 11888 feet)
Vishnusar Lake -12055 feet)
Gadsar Lake – 13850 feet)
Satsar Lake – 12100 feet)
Gangabal – 11655 feet
ATM Point & Mobile connectivity in Kashmir Great Lakes Trek
ATM POINT: Withdraw money before your journey; Srinagar and Sonamarg is the last point where you will find ATM.
Mobile Connectivity: There will be no networks during the trek, in Sonamarg your device will receive the networks. So make sure you finish all your important work and calls before starting the trek.
Key Points of Kashmir Great Lakes Trek
Duration: – 6 Nights 7 Days from Srinagar to Srinagar
Base camp: – Shitkadi- Sonamarg
Monsoon Temperature: – Day (5°C to 17°C) Night (2° C to 8° C)
Altitude- Kashmir Great lakes Trek – 13850 Feet
Best Time: – June, July August, September
Trek Level: – Moderate
Trek distance: – On foot 23 Km – By taxi 125 km
Group Size: – 5 to 15 people
Short Itinerary of Kashmir Great Lakes Trek
Day 1- Pickup to you from Srinagar Airport – Drive to Shitkadi via Sonamarg – 112 Km (4/5 Hours (7780 feet) overnight stay base camp in tents.
Day 2- Trek from Shitkadi camp to Nichnai Camp – (11 km) (6/7 Hours) (11888 feet) overnight stay in tents.
Day 3- Trek from Nichnai camp to Vishnusar Lake (13.5 km) (6/7 Hours) (12055 feet) overnight stay in tents
Day 4- Trek from Vishnusar Lake to Gadsar Lake (16 km) (7/8 Hours) (13850 feet) overnight stay in tents
Day 5- Trek from Gadsar lake to Satsar lake (11 km) (4/5 Hours) (12100 feet) overnight stay in tents.
Day 6- Trek from Satsar lake to Gangabal camp (09 Km) (5/6 Hours) (11655 feet) overnight stay in tents
Day 7- Trek from Gangabal to Naranag Road head same day Drive to Srinagar (13 km) (5/6) you will reach Srinagar by 6:00 to 07:00 pm.
How to Reach Kashmir Great Lakes Trek ?
- For Kashmir Great Lakes trek, you have to come to Srinagar before arriving home by flight or taxi.
- srinagar is the beautiful palace of the state of Jammu and Kashmir , which is a beautiful city. The easiest way to reach Srinagar is by flights Srinagar Airport Sheikh Ul Alam International Airport Srinagar this is beautiful airport
- Srinagar is our branch office where you will be a member of our team who will keep taxi ready for you Sonamarg Village
- From Srinagar Airport you have to come by taxi to Sonamarg Base Camp, And from Srinagar it will take you about 2 to 3 hours to reach Sonamarg base Camp of Himalayan Hikers
- For evening snacks 4:00 Pm. you will reach Sonamarg base Camp where Team Himalayan Hikers will be ready to welcome