Kashmir Great Lakes Grandeur of Kashmir Valley
Kashmir Ghati has always been compared to heaven because of its exotic beauty and fascinating places; untouched and serene. The Kashmir Great Lakes is an extremely beautiful trek because of “eight Alpine Lakes” in a series attitude is 13850 feet.
Their beauty is incomparable! During the trek, go through the lavish meadows, get panorama views of the mountains and explore the aqua-green alpine lakes. Certainly, each day on this trek is perfect!
Yes Kashmir great lakes are one of the more beautiful Treks in INDIA.
The bliss is the heavenly meadows of Kashmir. A number of pine and maple trees grow here. Further, below Gadsar pass wildflowers grow in abundance and ahead the fields of Satsar are plain.
Moreover, the lakes are fed by snow patches.
So, experience the grandeur of Kashmir Great Lakes Trek and add it in Diary of your Himalayan Journey!
.On the trek every day you can see 70-degree views, beautiful meadows alpine lakes.
The view of Gadsar pass trek in Kashmir Great Lakes Trek
Get Amazed On Kashmir Great Lakes Trek
All of the lakes are amazing but Gadsar amongst all is untouched because of its high altitude (13800 feet above.
It lies against a glacier and surrounded by a meadow where wildflowers grow in abundance.
Therefore, it perfectly adds beauty to the picturesque valley.
The high Gadsar Pass offers lovely valley views and offers the sight of Kishansar and Vishansar– The two Lakes.
On the other hand lies lavish grasslands of Gadsar valley.
Best Time to Do Kashmir Great Lakes Trek
Kashmir great lakes trek is a very beautiful and an moderate trek in the Kashmir valley , Kashmir great lakes trek is great for those people who have a great passion for mountaineering. Hills and consider it a special purpose in their life.
We are are doing this trek for years Kashmir great lakes trek , we have every experience related to this trek. The right time to do this trek is from 5th july to the last of September, specially in the months of June, green and colorful bugyal meadows, snow is found in abundance here, which makes your trek very memorable
During the day the temperature of Kashmir great lakes trek is around ( 05°C to 18 °C and during the night the temperature comes down to 03 °C to 08 °C which is not bad.
You will never consider yourself boring in Kashmir great lakes trek, this trek can give you nothing but joy, You will get to see the culture and beauty of Kashmir valley in this trek which will always keep you connected towards the mountain.
How Difficult is Kashmir great lakes trek ?
Kashmir great lakes trek is not very difficult and not easy either, this trek comes in a moderate level,
This trek is a bit moderate , but if your fitness is good and you have it in your mind that I want to trek then you can do it absolutely. Where help is needed, our guides will support you, you just have to be strong and capable of the trek. One thing is that all you can do is to have courage and I myself am passionate.
Kashmir great lakes trek safe for me ?
Yes Kashmir great lakes Trek is a safe trek if you are going with a good trekking team which you must know before booking yourself, It is important for you to know that the bow trekking organization with which we are going is right or not,
And if possible, trek with local trekking organization, you can do the same help all the time. then your trek can be very good and memorable
The minimum age required to trek Kashmir great lakes trek is 10 years and maximum 55 years. The rest depends on your fitness .
Unusual Attractions of KGL Satsar Lake in Kashmir Great Lakes Trek
The meadows of Satsar are surreal and a stream flows through them. Satsar Lake is an addition to the beauty of the valley.
In addition, another attraction of this trek is the descent from Gangabal.
During the downhill, the trek gets the most surpassing views. Look backward and spot lofty Harmukh peak.
Further witness yellow flowers growing together and a single hut, this setting is idyllic. These settings can only be found in Kashmir.
Also, The Satsar Lake and green Bugyal are more beautiful Greenland in Kashmir valley; this is beautiful place stands in between high snow-covered peaks which together make an excellent sight.
On the other hand, the meadows remain covered in snow.
So, consequently, it turns out to be the most fantastic Monsoon trek in Kashmir valley. And, also an excellent Skiing destination.
Why to choose Kashmir Great Lakes Trek?
Before heading towards the itinerary, it is really essential to perceive the reason behind choosing Kashmir great lakes trek.
See firstly, the trekking distance is a total of by taxi 125 Km Srinagar to Srinagar and on foot 68 km which is to be covered into 6 nights 7 days. From Srinagar to Srinagar
Kashmir Great Lakes trek is a low altitude mountain trek Altitudes is 13850 feet
The Starting trail is easy to moderate as compared to other treks this is a Moderate trek. So this trek is best for family and beginners.
Need proper gear & clothing for sub-zero temperature?
Probably, You got to see so many heavenly bodies at one place like the panoramic view of the Himalayan ranges in Kashmir Ghati, you can see pine forests, different variety of flora and fauna beautiful twins lakes surpassing through bona fide Kashmiri culture.
Also, Do spare time in Interaction with our local’s team, and you will get to know about some of the ancient tales of Indian mythology and our local cultures, this is good ideas for trekkers
Beautiful landscapes so carry proper photo gear & Extra battery backup.
The backpack should not exceed 12 kg only
Trekker carry your Photo ID, Adhar Card, Passport, Visa, for entry at forest check posts on the trek it is very important
What should you keep in mind for the Monsoon trek to Kashmir Great lakes Trek ?
Kashmir Great lakes Trek is as good as it is said, you also need to be prepared., Kashmir Great lakes Trek is a Moderate trek which starts from Srinagar and ends after trek same point ,
So what are the special things to keep in mind before coming on this trek?
- Summer trek to Kashmir Great lakes Trek is very special, the view and the temperature are all favorable to you
- For summer trek, you have to bring only normal clothes, so that your trek can be good, there is no need for hot clothes, but in hiking it is also necessary to bring all the equipment which is necessary for you.
- It is necessary to have 2 pairs of clothes from trekking, especially the poncho, you will have to bring every season
- In the summer season, the temperature is always normal, so there is no need for hot clothes.
- During the monsoon season, it rains occasionally during the Kashmir Great lakes Trek, especially in the Kashmir valley, so if you have dry clothes here, it is very good, even when wet, it dries quickly.
- At this time you have to bring at least 3 pairs of clothes, for monsoon trek you do not have to bring too warm clothes, at this time you, hiking pants and t-Sart, I can trek
- It’s only a little cold in the morning and evening and the day is a good temperature for you
- Before going on any trek, it will be easy for you to take information related to each season.
- Trekkers need to know about these, you can ask us anytime like, trek route, trek map, temperature, weather condition, difficulty level, trek starting point, end point, transport, view of the trek, best time to visit, How to reach, trek distance etc, Trek Location, keep this information before going
Altitude we are going to cover in Kashmir Great Lakes Trek
Srinagar – 1585 Meter
Shirked – 7780 feet)
Nichnai – 11888 feet)
Vishnusar Lake -12055 feet)
Gadsar Lake – 13850 feet)
Satsar Lake – 12100 feet)
Gangabal – 11655 feet
ATM Point & Mobile connectivity in Kashmir Great Lakes Trek
ATM POINT: Withdraw money before your journey; Srinagar and Sonamarg is the last point where you will find ATM.
Mobile Connectivity: There will be no networks during the trek, in Sonamarg your device will receive the networks. So make sure you finish all your important work and calls before starting the trek.
Key Points of Kashmir Great Lakes Trek
Duration: – 06 Nights 07 Days from Srinagar to Srinagar
Base camp: – Shitkadi- Sonamarg
Monsoon Temperature: – Day (5°C to 17°C) Night (2° C to 8° C)
Altitude- Kashmir Great lakes Trek – 13850 Feet
Best Time: – June, July August, September
Trek Level: – Moderate
Trek distance: – On foot 68 Km – By taxi 125 km
Group Size: – 5 to 15 people
Short Itinerary of Kashmir Great Lakes Trek
Day 1- Pickup to you from Srinagar market TRC – Drive to Shitkadi via Sonamarg – 80 Km (3/4 Hours (7780 feet) overnight stay base camp in tents.
Day 2- Trek from Sonamarg camp to Nichnai Camp – (9 km) (6/7 Hours) (11888 feet) overnight stay in tents.
Day 3- Trek from Nichnai camp to Vishnusar Lake (13 km) (6/7 Hours) (12055 feet) overnight stay in tents
Day 4- Trek from Vishnusar Lake to Gadsar Lake (16 km) (7/8 Hours) (13850 feet) overnight stay in tents
Day 5- Trek from Gadsar lake to Satsar lake (11 km) (4/5 Hours) (12100 feet) overnight stay in tents.
Day 6- Trek from Satsar lake to Gangabal camp (09 Km) (5/6 Hours) (11655 feet) overnight stay in tents
Day 7- Trek from Gangabal to Naranag Road head same day Drive to Srinagar (13 km) (5/6) you will reach Srinagar by 6:00 to 07:00 pm.
How to Reach Kashmir Great Lakes Trek ?
- For Kashmir Great Lakes trek, you have to come to Srinagar before arriving home by flight or taxi.
- srinagar is the beautiful palace of the state of Jammu and Kashmir , which is a beautiful city. The easiest way to reach Srinagar is by flights Srinagar Airport Sheikh Ul Alam International Airport Srinagar this is beautiful airport
- Srinagar is our branch office where you will be a member of our team who will keep taxi ready for you Sonamarg Village
- From Srinagar TRC you have to come by taxi to Sonamarg Base Camp, And from Srinagar it will take you about 2 to 3 hours to reach Sonamarg base Camp of Himalayan Hikers
- For evening snacks 4:00 Pm. you will reach Sonamarg base Camp where Team Himalayan Hikers will be ready to welcome
Will there be electricity in Kashmir Great Lakes trek
Let me tell you that there is no electricity in the forest area of Kashmir great lakes trek . Here we use Stobe Light and or Solar Light, candal light at the nights
If you come on this trek, then you should bring your own head light and your camera with full charge, if possible, it would be good to bring extra battery backup, and also bring the phone after full charge, today people most of the phone use the same
You will get the last electricity only in our Home Stay Sonamarg base, where you have to charge the battery of your phone and camera at night.
What to pack for Kashmir Great Lakes Trek
Warm clothes, sleeves, wind shelter, comfortable clothing, and extra warm clothes so that you can enjoy trekking. A raincoat is the necessary
Footwear: A well-fitted trekking footwear shoes are highly recommended. If you wear an uncomfortable pair of shoes, your feet will be hurt.
Self-Certificate of Emergency Breakout
What we do during an emergency breakout in the Kashmir Great Lakes Trekking?
Trekking in the Himalayas is not a cup of tea but it is a rewarding experience. However, it’s important to keep things in mind when it comes to Safety. One must know about the weather conditions, the altitude gain, fitness and other factors that can wreck your experience. In such adverse conditions, you are solely responsible for your well being and act maturely.
Also Read About – Safety Tips For Safe Trekking.
Preparations before the Trek
You’ve to understand that treks are away from cities and medical help is not always easily available. So, if you are heading for an adventurous trekking trip, stick to certain trekking guidelines and tips. Following these simple tips will help make the trek more fun and experiential for you as well as your fellow trekkers.
These tips and guidelines cater to useful and requisite information about your fitness training, packing and health precautions to be taken before and during the trek.
- Firstly, when you start, target 5 km in 40 minutes
- Then gradually increase your pace by running at least 4 times a week. Then try to bring it down to 5 km in less than 37 minutes
- If you are a person who prefers cycling over running then your target must be 22 km means you should be able to cover 22 km in 60 minutes.
- Walking is a great exercise that gives great shape to your legs and your body. It helps in burning calories and cut down excess weight and strengthens the heart.
- Jogging is effective in increasing the human lifespan and makes your lungs stronger. It is an aerobic activity that requires a lot of oxygen. This is a great exercise for fighting obesity and staying healthy.
- Squats are the best form of functional exercises to improve stability. They also strengthen your legs, thighs, hips, and hamstring.
- Another great cardiovascular exercise is pushing your body upstairs after stairs. This is regarded as the best exercise for increasing strength and power
What we do during an emergency breakout in the Kashmir great lakes Trek?
First of all, the safety of trekkers is much more for us, if you see in the trek, then there are all the risks, which I do not think about.
Himalayan Hikers worry more about you that no one should ever have any problem in the trek.
What should we and you keep more safety in the trek
- Whenever you are going for any trek, it is very important that you go completely fit and ready.
- The trek is not difficult, if you make your feet and your mind calm and strong, you will find the trek very easy.
- While trekking, keep in mind that you are walking on the right route or not always with your guide.
- Most people look somewhere and where they are walking, this can cause twitching in your legs, which can ruin your entire trek.
- It is important to ask your doctor if you have any medical problems
- I should always keep my medical kit with me, it is very important.
- Himalayan Hikers always keep a medical kit with you, such as oxygen cylinders, medicine to be given in emergency on the trek
- If any trekkers have any more problems, then they are brought back to the base camp by laying them in the stretcher.
- Our camp in Kashmir great lakes trek is around the 6000 feet to 13000 feet where you can not have any problem of oxygen
- In case of any medical problem, the help of your guide or a well-informed trekkers should be taken
- If there is major health problems in Kashmir great lakes trek , then Nearest Hospital is in Srinagar which is about 81 Kms away from KGL Trek
- Along with the trek we keep getting acclimatization
Unnati Khanorkar –
Overall it was great trek and special thanks to Kuldeep ji(organiser), Shaukat ji(Trek lead), Hari ji(the cook) and entire kitchen staff, Shahnawaz(helper boy) who took care of so many things and provided good hospitality at camps. But there can be few improvements like-
Orientation should be there before starting the trek like before reaching to first army checkpost you need to install Twitter and follow army account, this took a lot time as there were no or limited network.
The Manigam checkpost won’t allow you to pass after 5 pm because of that we had to stay at army checkpost on 30th July after the trek…if we would have been informed earlier we could have stayed in Sonmerg only…
Othe than that food and organization at camps were nice. We are going to cherish this experience forever 🤩
Himalayan Hikers –
Hi namaste Unnati ji – This experience of yours is special for us, we will do better in future. have a great Day
Rajat kumar –
We had an good experience with team H.H, well equipment’s, food, guides special thanks Mr. Kuldeep ji and Amit bhai Parvesh ji you are super
Himalayan Hikers –
Thanks Rajat sir ji – Your trek was good, it gives us more strength, most of all when you go well to your home after completing the trek
We had an amazing experience with Himalayan Hikers, we were a group of 11 al together and their team took care of everything starting from our health issues, food, comfort and were willing to fulfil any special requirement in their capacity. We definitely miss the talks of our tour guide Riaz/Mustaq/Visharad bhai, he has a fan base now, our trek leads – Monty bhai and Parvez bhai were amazing. Thanks to the entire kitchen staff and everyone who supported to make this trek a memorable one, we will cherish it throughout!
Himalayan Hikers –
Thanks – Your experience will prepare our team to do better We continue to do the same work in future too – many thanks to you